PDA

View Full Version : Evo X Cam Gears

booster310
10-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know if Evo IX aftermarket cam gears fit on the X? ive been looking for cam gears for the X everywhere and cant seem to find any being made yet, thanks for your input.

pikadosboy
10-10-2009, 11:28 AM
you cant change the camgears! is the same idea on the evo 9 you can change just the exhaust cuz the intake is controlled by the mivec.

booster310
10-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh ok i see, if i change the exhaust one, is it gonna make a difference?

Mike W
10-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Your MIVEC is your adjustable cam gears. But instead of having them always advanced or always retarded, the ECU is constantly adjusting them to how the factory or tuner set things. So actually you already have adjustable cam gears, computer controlled ones. They adjust depending on load and RPM.

Mike W

booster310
10-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Wow really? thanks for the info, im still trying to learn about this vehicle, i had the 4g63 down, but this new engine and chasis is totally different, a true evolution hehe, im getting my cams installed probably next week, i might hit you up for a tune in no time mike, thanks.

MR Dan
10-12-2009, 09:48 AM
...plus the 4B11 uses timing chain instead of a belt

Mike W
10-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Cars that have a timing chain can still use an adjustable cam gear. It is just cars that already have computer adjustable cam gears (belt or chain driven) do not need manually adjustable cam gears.

With a manually adjustable cam gear you can move everything towards better bottom end power or everything towards more top end power, not both. With computer adjustable and controlled cam gears you can program good bottom end power and turbo spoolup at low rpm and then have it swap over for best cam timing at hight rpm.

Mike W