PDA

View Full Version : im hearing a rattling when i start in a new gear

BigDaddyLex
10-23-2009, 02:01 PM
at first i thought it was my underlay rubbing up cuz i pushed it up with the help of a curb lol but nah it clears.... its on the low driver side so no where near a main block.... i dunno any suggestions and help ... thanks in advance :mitsu:

kimber_94806
10-23-2009, 04:24 PM
If you are talking about the clunking you hear when starting to move from a dead stop in the morning or after the car has been sitting for a while, that is normal and is attributed to a slight engine movement from startup. I was surprised about this when I got my X also but from reading on other forums, this seems to be perfectly normal. This and the other rattles you hear from the car including the shifter buzz at 60 - 80 mph on 5th gear LOL. Oh well it is indeed a Mitsubishi.

You can fix the clunck by getting stiffer mounts but I think the vibrations inside the cabin that it will introduce will be more annoying. I say just live with it unless Mitsu comes with a good explanation on this. But like all the other complaints they are getting, all they are saying is that the clunck is normal. Hope this helps.

BigDaddyLex
10-23-2009, 06:55 PM
nah its not the gears.... im not even sure its the tranny itself... its not a notch.. is like a rattle... kinda weird