PDA

View Full Version : what amp and what sub

Speed[Y]
10-24-2009, 04:42 PM
im a total noob when it comes to car audio! Lol, anyways i have a IX and want to add a little extra bass. what amp would you recommend and with what sub..i was thinking of getting a 10" JL Audio 10W0v2-4 sub (not interested in anything bigger), but not sure what amp to couple with it to make it sound good, i was thinking of the Rockford Fosgate Prime R150-2 amp, what do you guys think of that setup? any help will be appreciated! not looking for anything fancy just something that works good at a decent price.Â*
oh one more thing, would i be able to use the stock headunit with the aftermarket amp and sub?

thanks,
VG

Drifting Away
11-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Thats a good entry level sub for what it does, dont expect heart stopping bass though. The amp is a 2 chan amp and would not power that sub (the sub is 2 0hms with 300 RMS) I would reccomend the Rockford Fosgate r500-1 which will get you the 300 RMS out of the sub with room to upgrade the sub if its not what your looking for. Hope that helps you out.

Speed[Y]
11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
thanks for the info, yeah im not looking for any 'skip a heartbeat bass' lol. another question is am i able to use the stock headunit so i can keep the stealth look?

vg

Drifting Away
11-03-2009, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't with the stock mitsu head unit, save your self trouble and get a aftermarket headunit that you will enjoy.

panda
11-09-2009, 03:55 AM
i had a polk sr124dvc in my jeep and i liked it a lot, now im just waiting to get it installed in my evo :D

Speed[Y]
11-10-2009, 04:31 AM
what do you guys recommend as far as stock looking but still ipod compatible (spelling)?

Drifting Away
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
What do you mean by stock looking?

phoreal
11-10-2009, 10:20 AM
If you want sumthing stock looking try the kenwood kdc-138 and its ipod compatible

Speed[Y]
11-14-2009, 02:30 AM
What do you mean by stock looking?

not so flashy and bright lol

If you want sumthing stock looking try the kenwood kdc-138 and its ipod compatible

thanks

hodori58
05-11-2010, 04:35 PM
For the amp , u will want something that can dissipate heat really well, preferrably something with a fan on it, or like the JL mono block AMPs. I don't mind spending a little more on AMPs since they give life to your speakers. You will want to look at the RMS of your Sub(s) and get an AMP that will match the RMS of the sub(s).Â* Also make sure to get an amp with an active low pass crossover, they will keep only the low frequency sound going to the Sub and helping them last longer. Hope it helps.