PDA

View Full Version : suggestion: less vendors

335eater
10-26-2009, 07:02 PM
there have become way too many vendors or this website, its like every other user has vendor status. when guys with no shop can become a vendor it makes me wonder what it takes to become one.. and what is the deal with all these guys from the east coast advertising there shit? this is SOCALevo why are there vendors who are based on the east coast? IMO there needs to be less vendors or it needs to be harder to become one.......

jo3y
10-26-2009, 07:05 PM
seems like there have been a lot of new vendors here now...

rocinevoIX
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Agree a lot of new vendors, all I can say money talks they got the money to afford to advertise here they can be vendors

jo3y
10-26-2009, 07:14 PM
just sucks not knowing who to go to...

Skiracer
10-26-2009, 08:52 PM
More vendors=more competitive pricing and better selection...

pikadosboy
10-26-2009, 08:57 PM
More vendors=more competitive pricing and better selection...
not necesarily !

NativeSS
10-26-2009, 09:01 PM
i think the vendors are paying mucho dinero to be on this site. i doubt the admin is gonna delete or deny people with the buku bucks that pay for server costs etc.

anxiouz
10-26-2009, 09:04 PM
True. They do pay the bills so if they want to pay then I say let them. But I do think that having a physical store or shop should be a requirement though.

Pops
10-26-2009, 09:26 PM
there have become way too many vendors or this website, its like every other user has vendor status. when guys with no shop can become a vendor it makes me wonder what it takes to become one.. and what is the deal with all these guys from the east coast advertising there shit? this is SOCALevo why are there vendors who are based on the east coast? IMO there needs to be less vendors or it needs to be harder to become one.......

The rule is when you can count you use the word "fewer".Â* Since we can count the number of vendors, one would say "fewer vendors".

When it's an amount that you can't count it, like water, or common sense, English grammar dictates the use of the term "less".

At least that's how I learned it.

Just out of curiosity.Â* What would the right number of vendors be and how should the site determine who is in and who is out?Â* What if Tony from RRE or Chris from Tunning Technologies decided to get back in the game with no shop?Â* I might let either one of them wrench on my car but by your IMO, they'd be banned?Â*

Wouldn't it be better to let the "market" sort out who advertised and who didn't rather than a few guys who run the site?Â* Not that I have anything against them, but they're not exactly Angie's List.Â* I'd suggest you try the search button and if you don't see anything good or bad on the vendor, you let someone else be a guinea pig.

Sorry if I came off like an asshole.Â* I'm grouchy tonight.

anxiouz
10-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I just looked at the vendor list and I'm fine with all of them. If you don't want to browse their threads, don't. There used to be others that I could say would not be missed but this list is a-ok with me.

NativeSS
10-26-2009, 09:33 PM
True. They do pay the bills so if they want to pay then I say let them. But I do think that having a physical store or shop should be a requirement though.

alot of online stores and whatnot are run from a warehouse only. i dont see the need for a physical store or shop when there are plenty of those sprinkled all over socal or the states for that matter. IMO theres too many little shops and places trying to sell car parts.

GokuSSJ4
10-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Buyer's Corner has been made for a certain reason... You can always ask for feedback if you happen to be uncertain about a "vendor" here in SCE.

Mike W
10-30-2009, 02:28 AM
So shop local :-)

Bump!

TTT!

All PMs replied to!

Do people really like that shit? "Vendors" sell things like hot dogs and tee shirts. Buy your parts from a "Shop". I know we dont "vend" EVO parts. Sounds like you put quarters in the slot and out comes an EVO trinket. We build fast cool cars.

Mike W

GokuSSJ4
10-30-2009, 02:34 AM
So shop local :-)

Bump!

TTT!

All PMs replied to!

Do people really like that shit? "Vendors" sell things like hot dogs and tee shirts. Buy your parts from a "Shop". I know we dont "vend" EVO parts. Sounds like you put quarters in the slot and out comes an EVO trinket. We build fast cool cars.

Mike W

local support is always the best thing EVA!!! hehe...
your sense of humor kills me at times.... :D

1WkdEvo
10-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I got "vended" the last time I was at RRE and I walked funny for a week afterwards...but my car was faster so its all good

2 of the "vendors" or "Shops" in my sig have no storefront, but I trust them completely due to my experiences with them. That being said, any vendor without a bricks and mortor business has to work harder to earn my business or trust