PDA

View Full Version : 05' Transmision not shifting right!!!!!

eliminator1988
10-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey there i have a WW 05 evo 5 speed transmision just replaced the cluch about 1K ago got the ACT hd clutch 6 prung disc it has 63,xxx but sometime the when i try to put it in gear i have to hold it in untill i release the clutch otherwise it wont go in it also feels a bit squishy.... also for the reverse i have to put it in 5th like 2 times before putting in it into reverse i just want to see if this is being cause because of the clutch or its the transmision??? other than that it feels strong :?

Jeffs2006EvoIX
10-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I would try putting it in 1st then 2nd with the clutch in then go to reverse and see if that helps reverse. As for holding it in in other gears, what does it do exactly? Does it "pop" out of gear on its own? Or it just won't go into gear at all. If you rev the car a bit, does it go into gear easier? For some reason I am thinking it may be a bad synchro, but then again, what fluid are you using? It could be something as simple as that. More info may be needed for the Gurus to really pin point this.

eliminator1988
10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
well for the reverse it seems like it locks in 4th gear and sometimes it doesnt let me shift and the shifter gets hard i have to do it strong to get it in to gear then go thru every gear and 5th twise to go into reverse???? as for putting into gear it wont go in until i rev up and star releasing the clutch other wise it wont stay... fluids i would have to ask the mecanic who replaced the cluch

Jeffs2006EvoIX
10-27-2009, 05:18 PM
The Evo is really sensitive to fluids choices. Not saying that changing the fluid will cure everything, but as far as you know you have standard off the mill oil in there. Ensure you have a high quality gear oil in there, I believe the 5 spd as the 6spd requires a GL-4 fluid. So dont use RP since it states it covers GL-4 and GL-5. Even though they state that their additives won't corrode the gears I would mess with it. Try the Redline MT-90 or go OEM on the fluid. I know Amsoil has a good 75/90 GL-4 fluid too, so whatever you can get your hands on. But try a fluid change and see what happends.

Vietdragontekx
10-27-2009, 08:45 PM
did you readjust the clutch pedal yet? make sure ur mechanic put the right oil in there. i seen some shop just straight put 10w30 oil in there without knowing jack about evo tranny. They work on so many car that they think 10w30 will work like honda. oem fluid,redline MTF, mobil 1 75w90 work fine.

eliminator1988
10-28-2009, 09:16 AM
as for the oil i'll do that since i dont think they used the right one.... :-\

and as for the re adjusting the pedal it was just not sure if it was not done right... so i'll have that check too

to replace the oil on the transmision how can i do that... do i have to bring it down or take it to the shop???

HMatt
10-28-2009, 02:14 PM
no... you just need to go get a little oil pump or soemthing to put the oil in the tranny. Search for "how to change all driveline fluids" should come right up in the how-to section.

and it does sound like your pedal isn't adjusted right... it will be hard to shift into ANY gear if it's still grabbing.

Massimo Power
10-28-2009, 02:31 PM
This sone times happens during the breakin of a new clutch as well. But definetly change the fluid as well as adjust the clutch engagement point higher so the clutch releases more. If you are still having difficulty try mashing on it more getti g the clutch to settle in more.

eliminator1988
10-28-2009, 03:43 PM
btw it also started to make some noise when its fully engaged with the engine(it sounds like if something is rubbing) but once i step on the clutch the noise is gone so it was to be between the clutch and the engine... also the pedal is at the highest point posible i think... but i will try to replase the oil today.

Vietdragontekx
10-28-2009, 06:12 PM
btw it also started to make some noise when its fully engaged with the engine(it sounds like if something is rubbing) but once i step on the clutch the noise is gone so it was to be between the clutch and the engine... also the pedal is at the highest point posible i think... but i will try to replase the oil today.

the sound could be your throw out bearing or your input shalf from what people tell me. is it like a clicking sound when the clutch pedal is not step on?

eliminator1988
10-29-2009, 09:01 AM
yeah something like that and it just started doing it i think or maybe i had not notice it the but the trow out bearing they replaced because it came with the clutch kit (I hope) ... what is the input shalf?

eliminator1988
10-29-2009, 09:21 AM
hey guys i found this website and by the looks of it i think its the input Shaft
because its only hard to shift in first gear it feels like if the shifting cables would bend because the gear wont go in once it goes in it does feel anymore
"1ST GEAR & INPUT SHAFT
When rebuilding your transmission always inspect the input shaft splines for damage or excessive wear of both the gear teeth and the splined sections of the shaft.
2003-2005 EVO-8 input shaft & 1st gear $279. GEAR RATIO =
2003-2005 EVO-9 input shaft & 1st gear $339. GEAR RATIO =
Add $20 for shot peened gearset."

http://www.teamrip.com/GENUINE_FACTORY_EVO_PARTS.html

C-Spec Tuning
10-29-2009, 09:49 AM
if it does it even when car is off, you can bet on your synchros dying.

lastdrift
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
i'd recommend some good fluid

HMatt
11-08-2009, 04:48 PM
^DUDE! STOP! this is like the 8th thread that I am tracking you have just posted up some random bs! If you want to post-whore, there is a thread for that!

pikadosboy
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
^DUDE! STOP! this is like the 8th thread that I am tracking you have just posted up some random bs! If you want to post-whore, there is a thread for that!
LMAO dude dont be harsh on the noob!

HMatt
11-08-2009, 09:39 PM
LMAO dude dont be harsh on the noob!

Damn... well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!

eliminator1988
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
i replaced the fluid and no result still the same

if it does it even when car is off, you can bet on your synchros dying.

and yes it even does it when the car is off.

apparently i happen to have an MR 8 (yes power windows, mirros, aluminum roof, stock gages, shifter console, but a 5 speed transmision) the thing is that in order to put it in reverse i have to lift the lock to put it in reverse i was told that only applies to the 6 speed transmisions.
so i am wondering if its 6 speed case with only 5? could that be the reason why?

HMatt
11-09-2009, 12:28 PM
huh?!?!?!? wtf?

That is wierd as hell.... Unless...... are you the first owner? cause I know shep does a 5-speed conversion on the 6-speed trannys... and if that has happened in some point in it's life, and you can get ahold of the reciepts... depending on how long it has been done and what version build it has... Shep might honor a warranty on it...

eliminator1988
11-09-2009, 01:21 PM
huh?!?!?!? wtf?

That is wierd as hell.... Unless...... are you the first owner? cause I know shep does a 5-speed conversion on the 6-speed trannys... and if that has happened in some point in it's life, and you can get ahold of the reciepts... depending on how long it has been done and what version build it has... Shep might honor a warranty on it...

no am not the first owner an asian guy sold it to me but he didnt metion any convertion am going to try to contact him to see if he got it done with them, but i have had the car for a year and 2 months i dont think warranties last this long so yeah

littlejap33
11-09-2009, 05:52 PM
kinda sounds like synchros , did you change your tranny fluid yet!!?

eliminator1988
11-09-2009, 05:55 PM
kinda sounds like synchros , did you change your tranny fluid yet!!?

yeah i did??? if its the synchros where can i take it its my DD so i can not afford to leave it for more than a day :-(

littlejap33
11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
what fluid did you put in it . did you try bg synchro,

eliminator1988
11-09-2009, 06:09 PM
mobil 1 75w90 is what i used

littlejap33
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
i mobil 1 in my car too it doesnt shit good unless i warm it up which mean up shift down shift ,., so pretty much i do hard driving then it starts to engage nicely,, try switching to REDline Mt90 or bg synchro

eliminator1988
11-13-2009, 08:45 PM
oh ok cool where can i find that fluid?