PDA

View Full Version : What battery (Read inside plz)

ezzey
10-28-2009, 08:13 PM
I've done my research and use my "search" button well. I found some good info.

I was looking at the Braille batteries, specifically the b3121 and b3131c, but on the website it said not recommended for cold temperatures. I live in canada, so obviously with -30c weather in the winter overnight i need something solid. A mini battery would be great, but i can't seem to find one that would hold a charge. My car is my daily driver, and i basically use it everyday even in winter. At most maybe i'd skip a day.

Anyone know of a battery or have experience with any Mini battery that can withstand winter? My current Mini 680 Odyssey either took a crap or just cant hold a charge worth a shit. Was colder the other night and i had to boost it in the morning, so i gotta replace that. I bought a bigger battery for now, but dont even have the stock mounting for it so just kind of sitting there for now.

Any info greatly appreciated.

dj_

Skiracer
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I have not heard of any mini-batteries that can withstand cold temps personally. Happy hunting eh!

KT Motoring
10-28-2009, 09:30 PM
http://voltphreaks.com/products.php

ezzey
10-29-2009, 01:08 PM
http://voltphreaks.com/products.php

sigh.. great battery, perfect size, great features, just what im looking for... but 729$? or 999$ for a battery, i think i rather make room for a big battery lol.

thanks for the link anyway.

dj

Ladogaboy
11-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Yikes.... I guess you do have to pay to play.

fusionofideas
12-06-2009, 01:06 AM
ive used the voltphreaks for the past year mainly in so cal, which isnt much help. I was in Utah for a week in the dead of winter and had no problems at all, the car started and ran without any problems and the weight savings is incredible. If your not tracking the car I wouldn't really worry about it

Mister
12-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Try a Mazda Miata deep cycle battery. They are a gel cell.
They are small, and they work! Mine last me about 3 years at a time.

choicelaw
12-11-2009, 12:58 PM
My mini-batt has been having real trouble firing up these last few cold-azz mornings :tickedoff: Was going to replace, but just got a charger to keep in warm overnight. Can't wait for summer to return!

GokuSSJ4
12-12-2009, 08:49 AM
My mini-batt has been having real trouble firing up these last few cold-azz mornings :tickedoff: Was going to replace, but just got a charger to keep in warm overnight. Can't wait for summer to return!
tell me about it!! :( main reason why i had to replace mine not too long ago... However; i'm extremely happy with what I currently have... RRE a larger side than mini battery.. The battery has made all the rest seem like a joke when it comes down to crank power... :wink:

gengo
12-19-2009, 02:12 PM
With the X battery being inside the passenger cabin, maybe you can just put a blanket around it to keep it at cabin temp?Â* I'm half serious... it might help overnight, probably not much beyond that time wise.

gofaster87
12-22-2009, 08:02 AM
How cold are you guys talking . I had a super small odyssey and never had a problem with it starting up in cold weather. At home, I parked in the garage which helps but even parking off the coast in super cold foggy weather never gave me a problem. At the time I was using a Busch kit and I think it used an odyssey battery, but Im not sure.