PDA

View Full Version : Need New Front Windshield Have a Question

NRG
11-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Can anyone 110% confirm that the front windshield off a 2008 lancer will fit on the EVOs? The reason is I am at Safelite's site but they don't list the model for EVO but only the regular Lancer. And has anyone done business with Safelite Autoglass before?

mangoes
11-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Mine was replaced with the regular ol' lancer glass.

Evokid
11-02-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't see why not. Just make sure there's no sensors on the Evo X glass and you should be straight O0

prime8
11-02-2009, 07:14 PM
lol
i work for safelite.
im actually an installer :coolsmiley:
theres a few people on here that work there actually.
its the same thing.

any Q's
just pm me

evopaul
11-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Just get PRIME 8 to do the install!

prime8
11-02-2009, 07:27 PM
thanks paul O0

honestly if he goes through the company he will get the same quality service.

the price may not be the same.
i cant honestly tell u the price for a X
because i never went through a cash customer

the only times ive had to replace a windshield on a X
the customer went through insurance
so they only payed their deductible

NRG
11-02-2009, 08:48 PM
I called Safelite today and they said although the windshield IS NOT OEM but it is on par with OEM in terms of quality..etc. So now I am wondering what about the black mask around the edges of the windshield, would that be same as my OEM and also there is a dotted pattern around the rearview mirror area, will that be the same?

prime8
11-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I called Safelite today and they said although the windshield IS NOT OEM but it is on par with OEM in terms of quality..etc.Â* So now I am wondering what about the black mask around the edges of the windshield, would that be same as my OEM and also there is a dotted pattern around the rearview mirror area, will that be the same?
yeah

everything is the same except ur window wont have the mitsubishi logo

thats the only difference
lets just say u decide to go ahead and order it
u can ask the tech before he even starts to do anything to show u the window before
that way u can see it.

in some cases u can even ask to have the windshield with the integrated sun shade on it.
thats an aftermarket feature on some cars

the black band around ur windshield is called the frit, its actually there to kinda hide whats behind ur pillars lol
its also makes it more presentable

the dots around the mirror is actually called the third visor, which just protects u a lil more when u look at ur mirror in the sun

canyonkid
11-02-2009, 10:08 PM
I called Safelite today and they said although the windshield IS NOT OEM but it is on par with OEM in terms of quality..etc. So now I am wondering what about the black mask around the edges of the windshield, would that be same as my OEM and also there is a dotted pattern around the rearview mirror area, will that be the same?
yeah

everything is the same except ur window wont have the mitsubishi logo

thats the only difference
lets just say u decide to go ahead and order it
u can ask the tech before he even starts to do anything to show u the window before
that way u can see it.

in some cases u can even ask to have the windshield with the integrated sun shade on it.
thats an aftermarket feature on some cars

the black band around ur windshield is called the frit, its actually there to kinda hide whats behind ur pillars lol
its also makes it more presentable

the dots around the mirror is actually called the third visor, which just protects u a lil more when u look at ur mirror in the sun
listen to prime8 hes done plenty of winshields take my word for it, he works in safelite and so do i

NRG
11-03-2009, 12:35 AM
sounds good...I guess I will go with safelite then...thanks for the info....I just hope the tech that comes to do my car is experienced and not a rookie....:-)

prime8
11-03-2009, 11:52 AM
lol

u should be fine

in what city are u getting this done at if u dont mind me asking

NRG
11-03-2009, 12:01 PM
^^Carson

prime8
11-03-2009, 12:10 PM
oh lol

More than likely the guy that will do it is called Manuel

he knows was up

he works in the Carson area
so im assuming it would be him

NRG
11-03-2009, 01:19 PM
sweet.....is this a one man job? I usually see two guys one holding each side...etc..

prime8
11-03-2009, 01:29 PM
most jobs are one man jobs

im not that tall and i do replacements on big mini vans
people trip out when they see me doing it lol

only like freight liners and maybe like a dodge sprinter is a two man job

NRG
11-11-2009, 05:14 PM
LOL, I just scheduled the replacement for tomorrow and indeed it is Manuel that is coming out to change it......Put in a good word for me..haha....

prime8
11-11-2009, 06:22 PM
LOL, I just scheduled the replacement for tomorrow and indeed it is Manuel that is coming out to change it......Put in a good word for me..haha....

u got itÂ*
lol
ill call him in the morning

just remember to wait atleast and hour once he finishes to drive the car O0

u should be goodÂ* 8)

how much was it if u dont mind me asking
pm me if u want

NRG
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
No secret, it is from the instant quote done online $239.99

prime8
11-11-2009, 06:47 PM