PDA

View Full Version : My First Engine Build

Boost_Addict_88
11-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Ok, so seeing that my motor is gone (yeah, just tha hg lol), I'm doing a complete rebuild. My goal is 400whp. My build will consist of Evo VIII/IX pistons, 1G rods, 6bolt block, 7bolt head, and a 20G Turbo, just to name a few.

Speaking of Evo pistons, if anybody is selling a set, hit me up. Thanks!

HMatt
11-22-2009, 12:38 PM
^you can get 400 whp out of a stock 6bolt no prob...

But that is a good parts list you got there, If you can' get the evo pistons for cheap, just get a set of 2g pistons. They have better oiling properties than 1g pistons. And by 7-bolt head, do you mean 2g head? If so, you need to reconsider. The 1g head flows WAY more.

I would hit up deadpirate, he just rebuilt his motor with a 2.3, so he should have a set of pistons, rods, and a crank lying around. The car was running fine before the rebuild, so all the parts are still good I'm sure.

Boost_Addict_88
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
^you can get 400 whp out of a stock 6bolt no prob...

But that is a good parts list you got there, If you can' get the evo pistons for cheap, just get a set of 2g pistons. They have better oiling properties than 1g pistons. And by 7-bolt head, do you mean 2g head? If so, you need to reconsider. The 1g head flows WAY more.

I would hit up deadpirate, he just rebuilt his motor with a 2.3, so he should have a set of pistons, rods, and a crank lying around. The car was running fine before the rebuild, so all the parts are still good I'm sure.

Well, tha 7bolt (Late 1G/2G head) has different airflow and will allow more midrange torque. Yes, my second choice are tha 2G pistons (7.8:1 vs 8.5:1 compression). I just recieved a PM from a member and I'm discussing internals with him now.

HMatt
11-23-2009, 04:19 PM
True. It does offer a little bit more torque, but do you really want a load of torque on a FWD car? Or are you planning an AWD conversion?

Boost_Addict_88
11-23-2009, 04:37 PM
True. It does offer a little bit more torque, but do you really want a load of torque on a FWD car? Or are you planning an AWD conversion?

Well, its more of tha fact of midrange (7bolt) vs high end (6bolt) torque. Yes, I am doing an AWD conversion, but that's for a different thread I'll be starting soon.