PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taken the car to South Coast Mitsu for the seat staples?

endGame
11-23-2009, 12:35 AM
i just want to see if anyone took their car to SCM for the problem with the staples sticking out of the seats, and what SCM did to rectify it...if you have experience, please share, thanks O0

Uhhh_SoN
12-03-2009, 01:48 AM
i just want to see if anyone took their car to SCM for the problem with the staples sticking out of the seats, and what SCM did to rectify it...if you have experience, please share, thanks O0

my staples fell off from the passenger side will they do it for free?

endGame
12-03-2009, 06:32 AM

my staples fell off from the passenger side will they do it for free?

they should, considering i still have the warranty. my seat's fabric falls out of the holes once in a while, so it's kind of annoying. since no one really answered i guess i'll just go and see what they will do.

rl22
12-03-2009, 09:50 AM
EVO XÂ* have 5/60,000 mile warranty and that includes the seats. just bring it in and we could have it done with in one day with a appointment. just give us a call :mitsu:

Uhhh_SoN
12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
sounds good thnx scm

antics22
12-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Let us know how they fix the staple problem. I just re-tuck my fabric back in and call it a day... Im curious if it involves an actual seat replacement or if its just new staples lol

endGame
12-12-2009, 05:20 PM
i took it to scm today. they said what they do is take it to a nearby upholstery shop to get it done. there are two catches though:

1) they are only open on weekdays
2) it's supposedly a half-day job

why it takes a half day when i hear some can do it in 15 minutes is beyond me, but at this point i'm inclined to say i want to DIY it and fix myself.