PDA

View Full Version : Whats the BEST Best Brake Pads For Our Evo X

big boss
12-01-2009, 03:46 AM
Whats up S.C.E's peeps Just wondering what's the best brake pads out there for our evo x? I'm looking for a pad that doesn't release alot of brake dust like our stock pads :D but also wont SQUEAK! :uglystupid2: let me know what you guys think...
Thanks O0

Uhhh_SoN
12-01-2009, 04:54 AM
your brake squeak really loud also??? wasssup with that

big boss
12-01-2009, 04:57 AM
they squeak only right after I wash her for alil while! But what I have notice on other evos is as soon as they swap their brembo pads to after market pads they start SQUEAKING LOUD

scumdog
12-01-2009, 05:22 PM
for OUR evo X?!?! Your giving me half?!?!?! YAY!!!!

big boss
12-01-2009, 07:32 PM
for OUR evo X?!?! Your giving me half?!?!?! YAY!!!!
haha yah sure! O0 Charite! meaning people whom drive EVO X :coolsmiley: lol

jhentr
02-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I've changed to HAWK HPS and haven't had a compliant about them. They grip bettter, less dust, and no squeaks. Make sure to apply plenty of grease for which ever brake pads you go with.

jdmcwestevo1
02-22-2010, 06:34 PM
ask honda rob at rre he is expert when it comes to pads

monkeywinky
03-01-2010, 02:04 PM
I've tried carbotech xp10's and i'm on racing brake et800's right now. the carbotechs squeaked like crazy after my track day, and so far the et800's have been good buts its only been a week. It probably has something to do with the brake grease. i'm assuming it all burned off or something after my track day so the pads had space to vibrate and squeak. just a thought

jackfrog
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
hps!

monkeywinky
03-08-2010, 07:25 PM
just thought i'd update...

my previous setup xp10/xp8 i didn't like because i would activate abs too easily, and just didnt feel right.

my racing brake et800 cracked after one session at streets of willow...so i swapped out the fronts. temps were like 6-700 after a cooldown lap. the rears were fine..

i switched back to xp10 front and racing brake et800 rear, this setup worked perfectly for me. i had excellent braking power and it felt very balanced to me and easy to control. my car has never stopped harder. my experience is limited but this is my impressions thus far.

I want to try pfc01's per recommendation from stoptech - they were at streets last week.

sales@muellerized
03-26-2010, 07:05 AM
Whats up S.C.E's peeps Just wondering what's the best brake pads out there for our evo x? I'm looking for a pad that doesn't release alot of brake dust like our stock padsÂ* :DÂ* but also wont SQUEAK!Â* :uglystupid2:Â* let me know what you guys think...
ThanksÂ* O0

Project Mu NS Compound for front Project Mu B-Force for rear... not sure how the squeek is from the B-Force but the NS Compound has very little squeek

We have had great experience as well with the Project Mu NS compound for the street as they are very low dust, don't really make noise, and stop really well.Â* This is why we have it in stock (http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=93363.0) at any given time even though this has been hard to do with the demand!Â* If you just need a more basic pad as far as performance, we also have in stock (http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=93363.0) the GiroDisc Magic Pads which are a great budget alternative.

Some of the other pads mentioned in this thread, frankly we would never recommend because either their performance is pretty low for the weight of your car or because they are more suited to the track.Â* We always recommend a track pad for the track and a street pad for the street as there are few if any pads that actually perform well enough in both temperature ranges to be considered for double-duty.

Pstl_Pete
05-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Ill echo what was just said, run a track pad on the track and use the stock pad or a street suited pad for daily driving.

I love the Project Mu 999 (or club racer pads) for my X and I tried using them on the street but the squealing was just too much. Now I just run them at the track, yeah its a pain to swap them every time but I live with it for the added braking power.

40calevo
05-01-2010, 08:31 PM
if u dont want the squeak get the oem ...lol