PDA

View Full Version : cobb access port issues

chey16
12-06-2009, 01:55 PM
hey guys ive had my cobb access port for almost over half a year now.Â* Almost every time i go on long drives my car sometimes just shuts off while the RPMs keep fluctuating from 1-3 (the cars in neutral while this is happening) i have to pull over and turn it off / on and continue the drive.Â* Another situation that has started coming up... when i push my car the screen in between my RPMs and mph goes yellow and says "Requires service" or w/e and it turns my traction control off..... which then i pull over again, restart my car, and continue.Â* This only started happening after the access port and i wanted to know if any1 else has had any of these problems with the AP and if there's any way to fix this. i'm running the stage 2 map w/ full turbo back and cobb intake.

if any one has heard of any similar problems or knows whats up please let me know!

Thank you
Chey

HB Speed
12-06-2009, 03:03 PM
it is overboosting and going into limp mode download the new staged maps off cobbs website or get a custom tune and it will all go away

chey16
12-06-2009, 11:34 PM
i had a feeling it had to do with the boost... my BOV sputters and i thought it was leaking boost, not over boosting? i had a feeling getting a custom tune would also make the prob disappear.

thank you very much!!

HB Speed
12-06-2009, 11:35 PM
i had a feeling it had to do with the boost... my BOV sputters and i thought it was leaking boost, not over boosting? i had a feeling getting a custom tune would also make the prob disappear.

thank you very much!!
NP let us know if you need any help we have tuned more AP Evo X than anyone in the country

chey16
12-06-2009, 11:46 PM
is there any possibility it could just be my blow off leaking too much? i tightened it a bit today but i couldnt drive it to see if there was a difference

HB Speed
12-06-2009, 11:49 PM
is there any possibility it could just be my blow off leaking too much? i tightened it a bit today but i couldnt drive it to see if there was a difference
what bov?
is it atmospheric or recirculated?
the NEW cobb base maps are very good....
PM me with your mods and i can help you find a map to use

izzyevo
05-19-2010, 09:30 PM
For stage 1 and stage 2, during stop my tach is reading is over 1k rpm and flactuates only when my A/C is on... any ideas, is this normal?

JebusX
06-17-2010, 01:19 PM
This appears to be a problem with the 1.06 files. You can either download the 1.05 files, or email Cobb and they will send you the 1.07 updated files. On a personal note, I felt a huge difference between the 1.05 and 1.06 files. I was running waaaay rich with the 1.06 files, and reverting back to the 1.05 files cured that.

mazdaspeed619sd
11-20-2010, 09:36 PM
why not try the 1.07 file? there has to be something dominating about it.

mehsdomi
12-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Call Cobb or check for a new map