PDA

View Full Version : FIC 1050cc Injectors

pog0
12-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Anyone run these?

I am getting annoyed by these injectors. Everytime I put the clutch in, RPMs drop to about 300-400 RPM almost stalling. I can hear the relays clicking. Also have the start up problem, where it takes 3-5 times to get it to start. Used to just be when warm, but now it's every morning. I was reading on EvoM about mrfred and couple of others but no fixes that I saw were posted. I know the basics of ECUFlash but not in depth. If anyone can help, please post up.

TIA!

crand002
01-09-2010, 01:15 PM
I have these is my IX MR and they idle as smooth as glass at all times. Contact Reese tuning they are familiar with these bad boys.

turbolarry
01-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Let's start with what controls the injectors.
Go into ecuflash;
Open "Injector Scaling" table. What is the number?
Open "Injector Battery Voltage Latency Compensation." What are the numbers you have in both columns (voltage/ms)?

PS
How big are the cams?

SoCalRedLine
01-10-2010, 04:33 PM
I have the same body injector (fic 950) and they work just fine. You need to have your cranking pulsewidth changed. Also, you need to dial in your injector size scaling with a wideband. The size scalng affects the idle the most. Make sure it's the right size to keep your low ft's and o2 feedback within +/- 5 (on mitsulogger/STD obd2 scanner).
I noticed that my cranking pulsewidth was something like 16mS which equated to a 7.4:1 afr at start. The car only needs 9-10:1 to start at cold start, and only needs about 3-3.5mS pulsewidth at warmer starts.
Lemme kno if u need more help.

S2myEVO
01-10-2010, 04:47 PM
mike u so smart :)

pikadosboy
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I have the same body injector (fic 950) and they work just fine. You need to have your cranking pulsewidth changed. Also, you need to dial in your injector size scaling with a wideband. The size scalng affects the idle the most. Make sure it's the right size to keep your low ft's and o2 feedback within +/- 5 (on mitsulogger/STD obd2 scanner).
I noticed that my cranking pulsewidth was something like 16mS which equated to a 7.4:1 afr at start. The car only needs 9-10:1 to start at cold start, and only needs about 3-3.5mS pulsewidth at warmer starts.
Lemme kno if u need more help.
contact this mofo so he can have your car running properly!