PDA

View Full Version : Car runs rough in the rain...

HardRideCafe
12-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Just seeing if anyone else has problems in the rain. I have a cold are intake and everytime it rains and i'm at WOT my car runs rough. My air filter is right in front of my tire, not a good place for an intake when its raining. I think i'm going to get a different intake. any venders have an AEM intake for sale for xmas?

Ixse
12-08-2009, 12:32 AM
I've had some scary incidents with my cai on the civic before.. cruising through the big puddles of water.. i found it's not worth the 1~2 extra hp if that .. just get the SRI..

muddyIX
12-08-2009, 12:49 AM
yeah if you have a cai without a bypass valve and you go through water woooweee have fun lol

casperdomo
12-08-2009, 01:09 AM
You had an intake near/front of your tire while driving in the rain!?!? LoL! Damn....that is no bueno!Â* That's why your car is running rough......yeah get the AEM one.
AEM FTW!!!

silvrEVOIXn818
12-08-2009, 02:23 AM
not sure on the design, but you might be able to take the last pipe, that takes it down by the tires, off, and connect the filter to the pipe before it. This is what I did on my eclipse.

imprezivevo
12-09-2009, 02:17 AM
^ if not, just cut it in the right place so that you can still use a cuplink, but in the winter, just put the filter higher, if you truly want, just make a box for it temporarily, sort of a makeshift AEM intake hah, otherwise good luck!