PDA

View Full Version : Master cylinder failure w/after market clutch?

HardRideCafe
12-15-2009, 10:50 AM
I am just checking to see if anyone on here has and aftermarket clutch on their X and had to change their Clutch Master Cylinder because it failed.Â* So if you have an aftermarket clutch please post if you had any problems with you CMC.Â* Thanks

DirtyCookieX
12-16-2009, 08:18 PM
So far with ~250 mikes everything is holding up...HB speed installed the Exedy Twin disk kit and AMS MC ring

DirtyCookieX
12-16-2009, 10:29 PM
are you the guy from the long beach meet last night?

twas not I

HardRideCafe
12-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Yes Sir that was me. I'm getting my clutch installed at RRE I dropped the car off this afternoon.Â* I really like the service over there and I had the same clutch installed on my IX with no problems.

are you the guy from the long beach meet last night?

HardRideCafe
12-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the help! Their isn't much talk about the master cylinder failures on this forum which is surprising because it's all over the other evo forums. I am choosing not to go with the AMS ring or an aftermarket CMC just yet. I'm gonna see if the stock one will hold up with my set up.

So far with ~250 mikes everything is holding up...HB speed installed the Exedy Twin disk kit and AMS MC ring

HB Speed
12-22-2009, 02:16 PM
We have done about 5-6 Evo X clutches with the AMS ring and they are still holding up.
SSP also has a pretty sweet MC replacement available O0

ercm16
03-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Great post! Info on what clutches would be best for stock master cylinder would be great? I keep hearing that the ams is still snapping it worth buying the ssp MC. If anyone has info tgat would be great im still rocking my stock clutch but a heads wouldnt hurt lol

stormbird
03-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Is SSP on version 3 now? Haven't looked at it in a while.
Magnus was doing an evo IX mc conversion for a while. You might want to look at that as well.

duhveed
03-31-2012, 01:06 AM
I have the new AMS MC upgrade. Never waited for the stock one to bust just installed that an the Exedy twin at the same time

HMatt
04-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Magnus was doing an evo IX mc conversion for a while. You might want to look at that as well.

I liked this the best. The Magnus was actually just a billet aluminum plate. You bolt the plate to the old X mounting location, then bolt the VIII/IX master cylinder to that.

In my mind, it's better to stick with the OEM stuff. Tried and true, not to mention easier to get parts for.