PDA

View Full Version : Unmarried the AP from the X, ok to drive before tune with these mods?

CICreations
12-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Had the Cobb AP and sold it this week.Â* Getting tuned as soon as I get the word there's an opening.Â* Current mods on the car: AMS FMIC, ETS UICP, HKS Legamax CBE, RRE Rallicat, AEM intake (basic boltons).Â* I'm pretty confident that the stock tune will correct to handle these boltons but my concern is that while running the Cobb Stage 2 map I was instructed to pull a boost pill out of the bottom line that goes to the boost solenoid.Â* I put it somewhere in the mad house that is my garage and I haven't been able to find it yet.Â* In the event that I am unable to find it tonight would it be ok to drive the car conseratively until I get the tune which will hopefully be within the next couple of weeks?Â* Oh, and I don't mean as in a daily driver, I basicaly just need to follow my wife down in her car to Ontario to drop off her car at the airport and back.Â* Then again to drop it off at the tuner shop.Â* So highway driving with the cruise control on.Â* I suspect I will be ok, but I just want to make sure.Â*

-CI

Massimo Power
12-18-2009, 11:52 AM
You'll be fine... Hell you'll be fine gunning it... it wont boost fully so i guess thats a plus...

CICreations
12-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Awesome!

CICreations
12-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Ok, I drove the car down to Ontario and back (~100 mile round trip) and I didn't rev past 4500rpm just to stay on the safe side. The car drove find and accelerated smooth. What I did notice, however, was that idle is really bad. At some points I thought the car was going to chock down. What's that all about?

soontobe
12-28-2009, 06:06 AM
So whats the latest on this issue? Seems really odd that the car would almmost shut down with those bolt ons. When I had my 8 and installed
my cams, fuel pump and injectors I drove a couple hundred miles untuned without any issues at all. Maybe possible you have a boost leak or similar issue somewhere?

CICreations
01-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I've driven it a couple of times the last week with about 120 miles being put on it today. The car did fine with only a few moments of rough idle. Smells really rich though for sure! Getting tuned this week so we'll see!

o-townFLA
01-01-2010, 08:16 PM
maybe your just overly anal and little problems are amplified to the 1 millionth degree... :lol:

CICreations
01-01-2010, 08:32 PM
^Chum in the water I guess. Don't you have a turbo to install?? hahaha

o-townFLA
01-01-2010, 08:42 PM
dont hate me.... :2funny:

JebusX
04-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Looking to sell the Cobb AP?