PDA

View Full Version : sce homepage logo

Soundwave
12-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Since the new evo X is better and all. I think the homepage evo should be a WW X. right?

scumdog
12-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Nice try, and it should be a 9, the best evo of all time.

dp310
12-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Nice try, and it should be a 9, the best evo of all time.

Gotta agree with that one ! ;]

one4
12-20-2009, 10:34 AM
evo 9 ftmfw!

openmynd11
12-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I say Evo IX or all three ( VIII, IX, X )

ryan78
12-20-2009, 10:56 AM
all three (VIII, IX, X) for me and evo VI is the best ever evo as far as i'm concerned.

ecko
12-20-2009, 11:08 AM
you mad dumb son

evobros
12-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Girls girls girls does it really matter... Lol

blkside
12-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Here now stop arguing

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/blackside79/AEM1.jpg

mangoes
12-20-2009, 05:16 PM
i dont care what generation evo is on the front, as long as its silver hEHEHEH

evobros
12-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Seriously this is a dumbass thread!!!

mad pup
12-20-2009, 05:24 PM
evo9 ftmfw

evilrs
12-20-2009, 05:28 PM
EVO IX. The last of the true Evos designed to compete in the dirt. NOT designed from the ground up as a street car!

casperdomo
12-20-2009, 05:44 PM
How about a SRT-4!

Dead_Pirate
12-20-2009, 05:51 PM
OP=FAIL

fucking noobs

prime8
12-20-2009, 05:55 PM
OP=FAIL

fucking noobs
+1 lol
seriously wtf

Dead_Pirate
12-20-2009, 06:15 PM
OP=FAIL

fucking noobs
+1 lol
seriously wtf

I love how noobs get into a X and haven't even owned a VIII or IX and think there X is better....Typical Noob..."oh its newer! It has to be better! HAHAHAHAHA

Just log in here http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/index.php
and dont come back to socalevo and bitch and tell everyone how to run things...LOL

prime8
12-20-2009, 06:20 PM
lol

gofaster87
12-20-2009, 06:38 PM
The original 03 Evo is king. Us old timers can vouch for that. Everyone else is FAIL. Where is Bevo when you need him? He would speak the truth.

evobros
12-20-2009, 07:09 PM
He still in the Honda days lol!!!!!

pjb00stin
12-20-2009, 07:15 PM
sti ftmfw beeeches!

pj

toku-one
12-20-2009, 07:19 PM
The original 03 Evo is king. Us old timers can vouch for that. Everyone else is FAIL. Where is Bevo when you need him? He would speak the truth.

youre just saying that cause everyone loved yours... my x puts my viii to shame.
i think bevo would jump on the ix band wagon these days.

antox18
12-20-2009, 07:28 PM
ive owned an evo IX and currently own a X and i say the IX is way more fun and better than the x O0

Dead_Pirate
12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
ive owned an evo IX and currently own a X and i say the IX is way more fun and better than the x O0

And i love you for saying this! LOL About time someone that had a IX and now has a X can admit this...Thats so amazing your going in my sig! LOL

NativeSS
12-20-2009, 07:31 PM
all 10...

DizEvoIX
12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Just put all of them up there. No matter what we all think, they are all Evos. I have a X now. If I didn't have to get rid of my IX when I did, I would still have it. If I could, I would have both. Maybe this is why VIII and IX drivers don't acknowledge X drivers. I used to always get head nods and deuces from Evo drivers when I had my IX. In the X, I get strange looks, or completely ignored by the 8 & 9'ers. Let's get the Evo Community tight knit like it used to be. Put the VIII, IX, & X up there. I've had two of them, and I know at least one person that has had all three + a '09 Ralliart.
:mitsu: FTW!!!

antox18
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM

And i love you for saying this! LOL About time someone that had a IX and now has a X can admit this...Thats so amazing your going in my sig! LOL
hahaha i like to be honest bro my dream collection is to have a 91 gsx 97 gsx evo IX and my ten. so far i only have my x and my 91gsx. i see u were at the fourbanger meet didnt spot u there i was in th ww with the white rims

Sr20kidD
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
is the X even an real evo??

lol

Skiracer
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM

Oh snap, its Sam!

illestjcollector23
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Here's my opinion.i just traded My IX MR to a X a week ago and now I'm Missing the Excitement of Driving.. Dont get me Wrong The X is Nice And Fast But I Really like My IX Better.. i know in a year or 2 i will get myself another IX and just give my X to my wife.

Evolutionized
12-20-2009, 07:58 PM
evo 123456789 > 10

hardcoreracing
12-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Lol I'm glad I saw this thread! Â*Especially since I'm about to trade my car in for a X. Â*So what is it about the X that is not as good as the IX? Â*Power? Â*Handling? Â*The extra weight?

evilrs
12-20-2009, 08:04 PM
I read a review that explained it like this:Â* The X drives like a hotrodded audi S4, where the IX feels like a 4 door lotus Elise... ^-^

Dead_Pirate
12-20-2009, 08:06 PM

hahaha i like to be honest bro my dream collection is to have a 91 gsx 97 gsx evo IX and my ten. so far i only have my x and my 91gsx. i see u were at the fourbanger meet didnt spot u there i was in th ww with the white rims

LOL I really didnt go...I just said that...hahahaha maybe next time though!

Dead_Pirate
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Lol I'm glad I saw this thread! Â*Especially since I'm about to trade my car in for a X. Â*So what is it about the X that is not as good as the IX? Â*Power? Â*Handling? Â*The extra weight?

The X is cool...Im not trying to hate but when the OP was trying to run the show like the X is the end off all cars pissed me off...Saying that the evo 8 is a busted evo??? HAHAHA FUCKING NOOB! THATS WHY THERE IS MORE VOTES ON THERE THEN THE X! :2funny:

All I know cause i havnt owned a X is that its heavy and way bigger....and its more of a sports cars and the evo 8 and 9 is more of a race car....I drive my friends X and it felt great but it just seemed like I was driving my dads big ass heavy challenger....LOL...

The only good thing I keep hearing is " With the X BRO you put 4 mods on BRO and you make crazy HP!!!! But you have to remember that you can only put so much on the X...The older evos hold more.... Its simple...If you want some luxury and wanna feel bollaaa and still wanna boost, then go X

mangoes
12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
9 > X

Sorry I own a X, driven my friends 9 and the 9 is a real evo, wish I would of bought a 9 when they where new :(

So with you on that! X is fking gay sauce!

I would take a IX over my X anyday! Even an VIII.

The X doesn't feel like a drivers car at all. Yes, the handling is awesome still, but it has just lost the "RAW" feeling that you get from Evos from past generations.

Its too soft and wimpy. The electronic throttle lag can suck it.

GokuSSJ4
12-20-2009, 08:14 PM

Oh snap, its Sam!
good old sam is back...
n this thread is pointless.. however; i will move it to the suggestion section... Let the other Admins have a laugh at this thread... reasons to change the home page isnt enough...
ROFL

prime8
12-20-2009, 08:15 PM
iÂ* :smitten: my 8

its not busted
idk where he got that from :?

casperdomo
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM

The X is cool...Im not trying to hate but when the OP was trying to run the show like the X is the end off all cars pissed me off...Saying that the evo 8 is a busted evo??? HAHAHA FUCKING NOOB! THATS WHY THERE IS MORE VOTES ON THERE THEN THE X! :2funny:

All I know cause i havnt owned a X is that its heavy and way bigger....and its more of a sports cars and the evo 8 and 9 is more of a race car....I drive my friends X and it felt great but it just seemed like I was driving my dads big ass heavy challenger....LOL...

The only good thing I keep hearing is " With the X BRO you put 4 mods on BRO and you make crazy HP!!!! But you have to remember that you can only put so much on the X...The older evos hold more.... Its simple...If you want some luxury and wanna feel bollaaa and still wanna boost, then go X

+121121

luvmyred9
12-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Just put all of them up there. No matter what we all think, they are all Evos. I have a X now. If I didn't have to get rid of my IX when I did, I would still have it. If I could, I would have both. Maybe this is why VIII and IX drivers don't acknowledge X drivers. I used to always get head nods and deuces from Evo drivers when I had my IX. In the X, I get strange looks, or completely ignored by the 8 & 9'ers. Let's get the Evo Community tight knit like it used to be. Put the VIII, IX, & X up there. I've had two of them, and I know at least one person that has had all three + a '09 Ralliart.

Its not that other evo owners don't aknowledge you its just that whenever you see an X you kinda stare at it to see if its a lancer with a bigger spoiler. So hard to tell if its an evo at a quick glance :/ keep the "busted evo 8" for our logo.

toku-one
12-20-2009, 08:50 PM
i think all the x haters just have driven one once and formed an opinion.

i almost have 60k miles on my x and its putting down 400whp
i had 130k miles on my viii
and i had 120k on my gst
i also had an 07 s4... and i wouldnt even dare compare any of my mitsus to how that thing felt for a second. Â*

i enjoy the x far more, just on handling and how it rides alone. Â*the thing is planted to the ground.
ill admit, from time to time i miss the gokart feel
but im also not a 23 year old that needs that feel on a daily basis.
my x is plenty fast and gives me more confidence to drive it hard than my viii

i hopefully will be getting a ix as a second car in 2010 and seeing what that feels like in the 400-500whp range

Dead_Pirate
12-20-2009, 09:38 PM

Its not that other evo owners don't aknowledge you its just that whenever you see an X you kinda stare at it to see if its a lancer with a bigger spoiler. So hard to tell if its an evo at a quick glance :/ keep the "busted evo 8" for our logo.

lol....Its really hard for me to tell between the new lancer and the new ralli art...

luvmyred9
12-20-2009, 09:40 PM

lol....Its really hard for me to tell between the new lancer and the new ralli art...

oh yea i know what you mean!

BOSSEVOIX
12-20-2009, 10:04 PM
ix

littlejap33
12-20-2009, 10:08 PM
put my car up there lol!! we should do a slide show and all members should post a pic of there evo =)

BOSSEVOIX
12-20-2009, 10:14 PM
put my car up there lol!! we should do a slide show and all members should post a pic of there evo =)

or not

Azian
12-20-2009, 10:18 PM
owned LMFAO^^

IX's for life :D

don't get me wrong the X ain't bad but I agree how a few people have said that it does lack the rawness of the old generation evo's. But I'd love a X for DDing cause of the cruise control and sound system and some other lil things(and no don't say I'm a pussy for needing cruise control cause I've put 75,XXX miles on my IX and it would be nice to have some cruise control for those 2hr+ drives that I do quite often)

Although a new logo would be nice since its been the same for a longass time and yes let it be a another RR evo 8/9Â* :twisted:

mangoes
12-20-2009, 11:22 PM
dude that is awesome.

Can we have that up as our banner for maybe a day, just for kicks?

antox18
12-20-2009, 11:26 PM
pu the badass gg voltex evo IX

GokuSSJ4
12-20-2009, 11:39 PM
i think all the x haters just have driven one once and formed an opinion.

i almost have 60k miles on my x and its putting down 400whp
i had 130k miles on my viii
and i had 120k on my gst
i also had an 07 s4... and i wouldnt even dare compare any of my mitsus to how that thing felt for a second. Â*

i enjoy the x far more, just on handling and how it rides alone. Â*the thing is planted to the ground.
ill admit, from time to time i miss the gokart feel
but im also not a 23 year old that needs that feel on a daily basis.
my x is plenty fast and gives me more confidence to drive it hard than my viii

i hopefully will be getting a ix as a second car in 2010 and seeing what that feels like in the 400-500whp range

todd
you and Simon had a lot of problems when you guys had a certain year.. that doesnt make the car any less just because you had difficulties and gremlins everywhere loll.. Glad u r once again having the joy of whats to own a high performance vehicle with 0 issues...
N for the rest of the peanut gallery we did offer a while back members monthly ride.. but no one submitted the photos the Admins asked for..
Perhaps Dino or blaze can take that into account and make something some what similar for the forum..

Dead_Pirate
12-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Here problem solved

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8894/socal.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/i/socal.jpg/)

BAWWWHAHAHAHA DONE DEAL RIGHT HERE! I vote this goes up! hahaahaha

Dead_Pirate
12-21-2009, 12:15 AM
well if you want to get realistic then.....

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i233/wicwicwic/socal.jpg

prime8
12-21-2009, 12:20 AM

:2funny:

casperdomo
12-21-2009, 01:04 AM
How about a Srt-4 banner on SCE?!. Fuck the X.

Panda Boost
12-21-2009, 01:34 AM
LOL. How about making a little flash thing that changes banners every so often. That should float everyone's boat, I guess :D

gofaster87
12-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Holy shit Todd and Simon answered on this thread. Whats up guys? I cant believe Todd still has an Evo. You still with that Shiny toy gun girl or did you kick her to the curb. I should put up a pick of my old Evo.

casperdomo
12-21-2009, 07:38 AM
^^ what the fuck....Tod, you were with Sarah?!?!

booster310
12-21-2009, 09:51 AM
As an ex IX owner i really miss the roar and brutality the 4g63 offered, you could actually feel how savage that engine was, bring you pleasure and raising your hairs on your skin from time to time, now that i own a X its really not the same, i mean for commuting i really cant complain, i have a long drive from Wilmington to Camp Pendleton almost every morning and i can actually say that i will take the X over the IX anyday for that, but there is just something about the IX trhat makes me miss it a lot, but well all got to grow up someday and move up to a little more mature, love both cars but i have to say the IX makes you feel like no X will ever do.

blkside
12-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Dead Pirate...

Im not here to argue with anyone but Im in Iraq and bored so I thought I would anyway.. You posted numerous times how glad you were someone who has both posted. You knock the 10.. have you ever owned one. I have owned both and I believe there to be 2 camps.. those that like the "feel" of the 9. Those that want refinement. As far as performance goes.. I will tell you and any LEGITIMATE shop with tell you that exact mod for mod the X will crush the 8/9. And whereever you get your information about the X being less capable of making power and holding it.. again you are incorrect. Do some REAL research and look at the specs of the tranny and research what open and closed deck do for the strength of the motor.. ANd if you really need to whip out dicks here.. Look at Ryan Gates Evo X with over 500WHP on the stock bottom end and has ran every race this year...

I love these little posts because peoples emotions and feelings are their basis on the performance of a car. John Mueller drove my car at SOW CCW on an Intake,Exhaust and 100oct map to a 1:23 and this was on the stock wheels with used BFGs.. So thats 800 bucks in mods... put 800 in your 9 and see you make the power a X makes...\

And if you tell me the stories of X's blowing up... tell those people to use a better tuna...

blkside
12-21-2009, 11:51 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/blackside79/CP3_4795.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/blackside79/4293-R1-04-20A_005.jpg

luvmyred9
12-21-2009, 12:31 PM
And if you tell me the stories of X's blowing up... tell those people to use a better tuna...

or just try some different mayonaise with the tuna O0

Dead_Pirate
12-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Dead Pirate...

Im not here to argue with anyone but Im in Iraq and bored so I thought I would anyway.. You posted numerous times how glad you were someone who has both posted. You knock the 10.. have you ever owned one. I have owned both and I believe there to be 2 camps.. those that like the "feel" of the 9. Those that want refinement. As far as performance goes.. I will tell you and any LEGITIMATE shop with tell you that exact mod for mod the X will crush the 8/9. And whereever you get your information about the X being less capable of making power and holding it.. again you are incorrect. Do some REAL research and look at the specs of the tranny and research what open and closed deck do for the strength of the motor.. ANd if you really need to whip out dicks here.. Look at Ryan Gates Evo X with over 500WHP on the stock bottom end and has ran every race this year...

I love these little posts because peoples emotions and feelings are their basis on the performance of a car. John Mueller drove my car at SOW CCW on an Intake,Exhaust and 100oct map to a 1:23 and this was on the stock wheels with used BFGs.. So thats 800 bucks in mods... put 800 in your 9 and see you make the power a X makes...\

Very nice letter... All I read was bored in Iraq????

Again though it's the same crap I hear from evoX owners... "just a few mods and i'm smashing crazy hp bro"

all that matters is if you love your car lol... I do have to admit the engine does feel/sound stronger in the X... But haven't seen any proof of it holding a crap load of power without it blowing.

Azian
12-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Ryan Gates Evo X LOL..........................^^

I thought this thread was a for the logoÂ* :uglystupid2: although we all do know the IX is better than all other evosÂ* :mitsu:Â* :grin:

toku-one
12-21-2009, 01:00 PM
^^ Â*what the fuck....Tod, you were with Sarah?!?!

carah... yes, for a year or so.

GokuSSJ4
12-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Dead Pirate...

you forgot to mentioned the 5k worth in suspension aside 20yr+ of JOhn's experience... :roll:
n this is about a damn logo design not what do you guys think is better.. of course the OP left it open for discussion since its how this thread originally started... LOL

Azian
12-21-2009, 01:23 PM
ROFL owned haahahhaah^^

Dead_Pirate
12-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Dead Pirate...

you forgot to mentioned the 5k worth in suspension aside 20yr+ of JOhn's experience... :roll:
n this is about a damn logo design not what do you guys think is better.. of course the OP left it open for discussion since its how this thread originally started... LOL

Lol yeah.. Where all getting carried away.. Hahahahaha where the hell is the OP though?

Dead_Pirate
12-21-2009, 01:31 PM
ROFL owned haahahhaah^^

+2536172 he forgot to add that huge chunk of info in that letter of his...

r0me0ne
12-21-2009, 01:35 PM
i would want a 8, 9, and 10

or at least a 9 and 10

Azian
12-21-2009, 01:41 PM
agreed^^

evolution8mirage
12-21-2009, 01:53 PM
i say put a VIII, IX, and a X.

darkevo
12-21-2009, 02:10 PM
i say put a VIII, IX, and a X.

+1

as for the "side" topic -

I owned an 8, and then got a 9, and love it.Â* The X is just too refined for me, but obviously will be a much better commute car.Â* I didn't buy my Evo to cummute, I got it to drive fast!!Â* Â*I have my BMW for the commute.Â* Simple!!Â* Â*O0

Soundwave
12-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Well, to say the responses so far have been pretty passionate is an understatement. I never meant to offend anybody, I thought more people would have been able to detect my sarcasm. It's just a damn logo and i wanted to say sumthin funny in my poll (when is anybody ever serious on this site anywayz). I was thinking that as young people we were more inclined to progressive thinking and would have welcomed a new homepage evo.

But yes, all evos are great and all. Even their stock lap times are almost even with the X pulling ahead by a hair

http://www.motortrend.com/features/laguna_lap/index.html

Dead_Pirate
12-21-2009, 02:13 PM
The should do it like the evolution of a monkey... Start from the very first evo all the way to a X... That would be some Photoshop skills! Have it all blured in and tied into one huge thing... I donno... You get what I'm saying? Lol

evobros
12-21-2009, 02:17 PM
I love my IX but if I had the money the IX would be my track car and I would get a X for DD..

scumdog
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!! THAT SHIT IS FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MADE ME LOL FOR LIKE 10 MINS!!!! YOU SHOULD MAKE IT SAY IM HUGE AND FOOL PEOPLE INTO THINKING IM PART LUXURY BECAUSE I HAVE FUCKING CRUISE CONTROLL!!!! my old 1990 VW CORRADO HAD THAT AND HEATED SEATS!!! AT LEAST THE X OWNERS CAN BE HAPPY WHEN THE 11 COMES OUT, THEN THEY CAN MAKE FUN OF THOSE. (us 9'ers will make fun of both)!!!! haha

EvoPwr
12-21-2009, 02:50 PM

holy crap he is alive!

EvoPwr
12-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Everybody talking about the IX like it is god. Don't forget when this site was founded...it was with an Evo 8 O0

FYI The only time a 9 is greater than an 8 is before heaving modding occurs. :mitsu:

gofaster87
12-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Whats up Evopwr. Anything new and exciting out there?

EvoPwr
12-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Whats up Evopwr. Anything new and exciting out there?

Not really. Same old shit just with a lot more evos on the road. You got a new project car?

Silver8MR
01-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Here problem solved

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8894/socal.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/i/socal.jpg/)

Hahaha you should put that up for a day just for some kicks or maybe make a thread where people post up their picks either photoshoped or something like that.

drmosh
02-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Here problem solved

YOU WIN!