PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION OIL CHANGE

EvoXmaniac
01-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was just curious..... My Evo X is going to need it's second service soon.

I was thinking about doing the oil change myself, but.... Is there anyway to reset the computer. Once I do the oil change I want to reset the service reminder on the cars computer. Is there any tool/scanner that I could buy that would allow me to do that.

Also if I decide not to change it myself can anyone recommend a good service shop (reasonable prices) in the IE. I live in Upland.

Thanks!

Chad
(EvoXmaniac)

apexct9a
01-03-2010, 09:17 PM
When i had my DD 2007 lancer i did it myself you have to hold down the info button i believe its called by the instrument panel for a few seconds then it opens up a little reset menu. I dont remember the exact steps but it is a DIY.

4G63 FEVER
01-03-2010, 09:37 PM
^ I know for Hondas what you said is true. Check your owners manual. It will most likely tell you how to do it.

EvoXmaniac
01-03-2010, 09:58 PM
I looked through the manual and while I didn't study it..... I didn't see anything about resetting the system. I also tried to hold down the info button, but it didn't seem to do anything.

I know there is a way to reset the system because originally my service schedule was set to 5,000 miles and SCM switched it to 3,500. Granted I know they have the computers to do it (being a dealer), thats why I was wondering if I could do it myself.

Thanks for the ideas so far!

Also any shop recommendations?

apexct9a
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM
The menu i got out of the reset button was found by accident, but i dont know exactly how i did it. Im sure RRE can tell you i know they deal with the X's quite often now since their becoming more common.

Rencii
01-04-2010, 10:13 AM
if you're talking about the service reminder that "dings" everytime you start up the car... just turn the car off, hit the info button till you get to the service schedule reminder and hold it and it will reset and show you the next maintenance mileage/month.

Hope this helps.

hardcoreracing
01-04-2010, 10:51 AM
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/evox-mil-dtccodes.htm

When in doubt, always check with RREĀ* O0

EvoXmaniac
01-04-2010, 12:05 PM
AWESOME!!!! :D Thanks a lot everyone!!!! O0

evolved13
01-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Is there anything I need to be aware of regarding an oil change on my Evo X MR? I''m thinking there might be a skid plate or cover underneath that needs to be handled properly by the shop. (I can't tell because my head is too fat to get under the side of the car to look).

blkside
01-23-2010, 10:01 AM
No there is only the undertray that needs to be removed. If you are talking about the funny steel flat bar thats under there .. that DOES NOT get removed. Undertray is all that needs to come off. And judging by "head dont fit" then you might wanna get the car higher and on some jack stands

Evoxkid
02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
turn the car on then off hold the info button down itll beep youll see a wrench picture, let go tap to select the wrench tap again when it asks to reset. Took about 5 minutes to figure out. It really simple.