PDA

View Full Version : NEED ADVICE ASAP PLEASE ONLY VEHICLE

McChuck
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Ok so I have a 2004 Evo VIII.Â* I have been having some problems lately with my baby.Â* I dont know if its my cluch or if its my flywheel or something a little more serious.Â* SO here goes the description....... When I accelerate the evo procrastinatesÂ* :-\ if you will.Â* It will jump up to 2500 RPM, and then it will grab.Â* Gears go in just fine, there is no grinding or any hard problems getting it into gear.Â* When you accelerate it almost feels like you are riding the clutch.Â* :oops:Â* I have looked on www.lancershop.com for clutches just in case that is what it is and i have also looked for flywheels.Â* I dont have alot of money, due to the fact i am a father of 2 and support my wife while she goes to school.Â* I dont make a lot of money in the MC.Â* If anyone could give me some advice on what it sounds like it could be please let me know.Â* also my wife got a transmission flush on it for me, and they didnt find any shavings in the fluid, could that be another indicator it is my flywheel?Â* any advice would be great, thanks!

EvoVIIIGSR
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Depending on how many miles you have and your driving style, possibly clutch slip. When you get into boost in the higher RPMs, does the RPM also jump without the push forward? Before you spend on the clutch install, I would also have the clutch pedal checked as well. If its not properly adjusted, It might not fully engage even when fully left out. I might reccomend SCM for the clutch job....my buddy is getting his swapped pretty soon.

McChuck
01-04-2010, 01:40 PM
This is my second clutch...my wife got it replaced when i was on deployment. she got it installed at 35k miles...we are sitting at 88k,. i dont race it, or anything. its the only car we have so i cant afford for it to go down!lol. yes the RPM jumps with out the push. I live on Pendleton so anywhere I go I have to avoid the 5, because it feels like it is not getting HP. before the boost kicks in it shoots up to 4000 RPM.

McChuck
01-04-2010, 01:41 PM
I actually bought the car from SCM back in 06

thisxguy
01-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Clutch is slipping

2muchboost
01-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Sounds like clutch.
Get something a little better than stock.
Act 2900 should be perfect for you.

EvoVIIIGSR
01-04-2010, 01:59 PM
yeah, definitely sounds like clutch slip. Rough terrain out there @ Pendleton....is it an OEM type, or aftermarket? Can u list your power mods as well? btw, welcome back. Glad to see one of our soldiers back stateside!

EvoVIIIGSR
01-04-2010, 02:03 PM
I would try to look around for package deal on an ACT HD Clutch and Streetlite flywheel.....I could have sworn Gruppe-S had a deal recently.

choicelaw
01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Clutch is slipping for sure. I would shop around for install labor deals, don't just settle for the dealership.

KT Motoring
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Yep, its your clutch.

KrAzEPiNoY17
01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
massimo(mauricio) has pretty awesome deals

SmoKnEvo420
01-04-2010, 03:20 PM
got the stock kit for sale used but good condition
check my thhreadd

sounds like ur clutch is going out also
mine gave out on the way picking my sister up from school..lol didnt grab til 7,000 on a hill and smelled like fucking clutch thats when i knew for sure

McChuck
01-04-2010, 03:22 PM
sweet thanks guys. Â*i really appreciate it. Â*just another question for you....http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=1257&cat=113&page=1 Â*<<<<<<this is a clutch kit i found on lancershop, is it a good clutch or am i going to have to replace it again soon?

McChuck
01-04-2010, 03:26 PM
got the stock kit for sale used but good condition
check my thhreadd

sounds like ur clutch is going out also
mine gave out on the way picking my sister up from school..lol didnt grab til 7,000 on a hill and smelled like fucking clutch thats when i knew for sure

see mine doesnt smell at all thats the only thing

EvoVIIIGSR
01-04-2010, 03:57 PM
The clutch you have in the link is a definite tried and true clutch. The price, hoever seems just a bit higher than average....doing your price research will save you a good chunk that you can put towards other evo goodies O0

pikadosboy
01-04-2010, 04:00 PM
hey man if you need a act clutch i can get you one for a good price, also lmk if you need help intalling it.

Azian
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm pretty sure you can get a similiar clutch for $100-$200 cheaper than that

osolokes213
01-04-2010, 04:06 PM
check this out...just saw it...

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=90069.0;topicseen

McChuck
01-04-2010, 04:40 PM
hey man if you need a act clutch i can get you one for a good price, also lmk if you need help intalling it.

yeah i need a clutch and i am just going to replace the flywheel also..if you know anyone that can istall them for a reasonable price please let me know....like i said i have 2 kids to support as well :) cant be spending all this money on the EVO even though i would love too!~!!

anxiouz
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM
I have my stock clutch and flywheel. The seller of my car gave included them with the sale...my car has the RRE no-name clutch and flywheel installed which I love. I never drove the car without it but I honestly think a stock car couldn't be as easy to drive as this combo is.

The stock clutch and flywheel that I have has at most 10k or so on them and has never been launched on. I could sell them if you need to save money and want to stay with the stock setup. I dunno what a fair price is though. Just an idea but good luck either way.

rickyart23
01-07-2010, 03:44 AM
try going on evolutionm.net theirs people selling new and used clutches for cheap post a WTB thread youll get a response right away and if your not really gona race or abuse the car u really dont need to spend 200$ on a flywheel just resurface your stock one and itll be good as new for 30$ maybe cheaper. and to answer anxiouz question ive seen them go for about 100-150 for stock clutches depending on the miles