PDA

View Full Version : Veterans in search of work or a career change.

CICreations
01-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I have been helping another Vet try to find a job as he is reaching the end of his enlistment and I remembered that I utilized the help of this organization when I got out of the Marine Corps in 2003.Â* These guysÂ* do really good things for veterans and are dedicated to helping you find a job or start a career.Â* They are comprised completely of retired military. Best of all they don't charge you a dime for their services.Â* They get paid by the employers.Â* They hold hiring conferences throughout the year in the different regions of the country where they bring you in and show you how to write a good resume, how to interview well, etc.Â* The next day of the conference they bring in all the potential employers and have one-on-one interviews.Â* I think I did like 6 in one day!Â* They got me a good job that I have since moved on from, but I tell you it was a tremendous lifesaver when I got out and didn't know how to market myself to potential employers.Â* Below is some of the info about the organization.Â*

http://www.orioninternational.com/home.aspx

The Leader in JMO, NCO and Enlisted Technician Transition Services

Orion International is the nation's largest military recruiting firm, specializing in placing today's top military leaders, engineers, and technicians into America's Fortune 500 and beyond. With offices located throughout the United States, and an all-veteran Recruiting and Sales team, Orion is the firm of choice for Junior Military Officers, Noncommissioned Officers, and Technicians separating from the military, as well as America’s top companies seeking to hire the best.Â*

Orion Hiring ConferencesÂ*
Military Hiring Conferences – Interview Junior Military Officers,
Noncommissioned Officers and Enlisted Technicians Recruited for your Hiring Needs
Â*
An Orion Hiring Conference is your chance to interview the best military job seekers, selected specifically for your open positions. You will be presented with prescreened, qualified and suitably matched veterans that are interested in your available opportunities.

You will interview up to ten candidates in a single day, all in a private and professional interview setting. We carefully select our hotels to enhance our clients’ experience, and you will enjoy free parking, a full breakfast each morning, and complimentary cocktails in the atrium each evening. The afternoon prior to interviews, you will have the opportunity to familiarize the candidates with your company and the position(s) for which they will be interviewing (highly recommended but not required).

Throughout the conference you will receive personalized attention to ensure the best in customer service, including insight on the candidates, and advice on the most effective hiring strategy. Our goal is that our candidates will have completed the hiring process and accepted your offer within 14 days of attending the conference.

Western Regional Hiring ConferenceÂ*

San Diego CA Friday Jan 15th 2010.
Interested in learning more about Orion's Hiring Conferences and how we can bring the best in military talent to your organization? If you would like to interview up to ten pre-screened, qualified and carefully matched candidates in a single day, please contact Dave Bakkeby at [email protected] or 888-756-7466 x. 206 for more information.