PDA

View Full Version : What size Spacers for Enkei nt03 +m 18x9.5 27mm

dosagex
01-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I want to know what size spacers I will need for the Enkei nt03 +m 18x9.5 27mm running 265 35 18 tires. I've been told run 10-12mm spacers. I would think I only need to run 5mm spacer am I wrong? Can somebody please explain this to me

steven88
03-17-2010, 11:49 PM
from what i've read on other forums....you would need a 10mm spacer to clear the brake caliper on the evo x

sales@muellerized
03-26-2010, 07:09 AM
I want to know what size spacers I will need for the Enkei nt03 +m 18x9.5 27mm running 265 35 18 tires. I've been told run 10-12mm spacers. I would think I only need to run 5mm spacer am I wrong? Can somebody please explain this to me

For your X or for your IX?Â* It will make a difference, and honestly we NEVER recommend running a wheel spacer on a car as heavy as the Evos as their is nearly a thousand pounds of corner weight on each front wheel and running a wider front track than the rear introduces all manner of issues that you may not be aware of, not to mention the issues we have seen with poor quality spacers (uneven runout) as well as things getting trapped between the spacers and the wheel which leads to wheel vibrations.

If your intended wheels don't clear the factory brake calipers, then they are not an Evo wheel.Â* Unfortunately there are a lot of unscrupulous wheel salesmen out there who want your money and don't care what you are stuck with after the fact.Â* We see it ALL the time.

-Orlando