PDA

View Full Version : 100 octane pump gas

evolved13
01-29-2010, 06:49 PM
So, now that I've found 100 octane unleaded at Commonwealth and Gilbert, in Orange County...(going for $7.99 a gallon tonight).Â* I have a couple of questions---assuming i mix the 91 octane with the 100 octane in percentages to get different octane numbers, is there a "best" octane number I should run in my 2008 X MR?Â* Also, will my box-stock evo "adjust" for the higher octane no problem?Â* Should I see a noticeable difference (other than an emptier wallet) at say a ratio giving me 95 octane?

DPK MR
01-29-2010, 07:06 PM
It won't make any power difference unless you get retuned for the higher octane fuel. It will be more knock resistant than 91 octane.

blkside
01-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Ok you wont get anything from this other than a loss of money. Using a higher octane gasoline is for when you are TUNED FOR THAT GASOLINE. It doesnt matter whether your driving on urine or rocket fuel. If you arent tuned it doesnt do you any good. I was tuned on 100 with an exhaust and intake and made 366WHP/355TQ. I make more than that now on 91 with more and better mods.
Apparently this is your first performance car so if I was you, the first mod I would do is READ. READ and then stop and READ some more. And read educated, intelligent posts here,on google and Evo M.

DTunedEvoX
01-29-2010, 07:47 PM
So, now that I've found 100 octane unleaded at Commonwealth and Gilbert, in Orange County...(going for $7.99 a gallon tonight). I have a couple of questions---assuming i mix the 91 octane with the 100 octane in percentages to get different octane numbers, is there a "best" octane number I should run in my 2008 X MR? Also, will my box-stock evo "adjust" for the higher octane no problem? Should I see a noticeable difference (other than an emptier wallet) at say a ratio giving me 95 octane?

What blkside said of course .... and to add (and answer some of your questions).
As is - stock- the best octane you should "run" is 91 (since 93 isnt available to us in CA) in your "box-stock" evo.
You will not see a noticible difference running a 50/50 mix or whatever mix you want - just less knock prone than 91 alone.
As mentioned- your car needs to be tuned for 100 octane in order to take advantage of its higher octane rating.