PDA

View Full Version : Intake whining?

Malicust
02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Ok searched for it but didn't see it so here's my problem:

Not too long ago I installed a new sri and the licp. Just before that I had installed a new fmic and uicp (but for this install there were no problems other than the minor air leak that I took care of after re tightening the couplers.) So anyways after the intake install a buddy pointed out a whining noise (its really only noticeable if i accelerate quickly) to me after driving the car for a little bit. This noise only happens in 1st and 2nd gear once it hits around 3.5k rpm. Its usually after a cold start (but still giving the engine time to warm up before taking off, just talking about early morning) but occasionally happens after I've been driving for a bit. Now the thing is I haven't been re-tuned for the new setup yet and I have heard of many other people having similar problems after putting in new intakes but whenever I searched for it I came up with nothing.

Is this something I need to concern myself with or just go with it until I finish installing everything so I can get that tune. I thought I had something loose but I went back to check everything and it was all taken care of.

Brand0n
02-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Maybe it's the sound of your turbo going out?

Massimo Power
02-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Ok searched for it but didn't see it so here's my problem:

Not too long ago I installed a new sri and the licp. Just before that I had installed a new fmic and uicp (but for this install there were no problems other than the minor air leak that I took care of after re tightening the couplers.) So anyways after the intake install a buddy pointed out a whining noise (its really only noticeable if i accelerate quickly) to me after driving the car for a little bit. This noise only happens in 1st and 2nd gear once it hits around 3.5k rpm. Its usually after a cold start (but still giving the engine time to warm up before taking off, just talking about early morning) but occasionally happens after I've been driving for a bit. Now the thing is I haven't been re-tuned for the new setup yet and I have heard of many other people having similar problems after putting in new intakes but whenever I searched for it I came up with nothing.

Is this something I need to concern myself with or just go with it until I finish installing everything so I can get that tune. I thought I had something loose but I went back to check everything and it was all taken care of.

Sounds like your drivetrain. you probably hear it whine to a certain pitch, then shift and it keeps whining to a louder pitch... correct?

Malicust
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
hmm its hard to explain in words so ill see if i can get a camera and take a video of it

Edit: Im gonna ask James how much to install my tbe and that way i got my car at his shop to see if he can find something, that way i can get it retuned at the same time if thats my only problem