PDA

View Full Version : shop couldnt install remote start?

nodnarb416
02-19-2010, 03:20 PM
I went to an alarm shop and wanted to install my alarm/turbo timer/remote start. He said they couldn't install my remote start on a stick shift because of reliability. (If i leave it in first and start it, the car will lunge forward) How is that liability on them? I asked if we could make a contract and he said no lol =[

mystik_khmer
02-19-2010, 03:27 PM
It happen to me also, I had my "work" install my remote start, but they said they dont want to be liable for would happen. Because if you put your car in 1st gear, it would jerk. Good thing I know the guy who install it for me, plus you need an extra key in your car too. I'm sure theres someone here in the forum who can help you out... Goodluck

silvrEVOIXn818
02-19-2010, 03:51 PM
I know of a shop that will take care of it for ya... Did mine. and hooked up my DVD player to play while I drive... :D

Galaxy autosound. Ask for Offer, tell him Phil referred u. ;) I believe the # is (818) 700 0440.

GL

nodnarb416
02-19-2010, 04:10 PM
oh so u DO need an extra key. Anyway, thanks a lot phil! ill hit them up asap O0

silvrEVOIXn818
02-19-2010, 04:34 PM
No prob. and YES, you do need another key...

todaysivxx
02-19-2010, 05:15 PM
what do you mean an extra key in the car? for what reason? just dont park your car with it in first gear. you need something to over ride the clutch i believe. had this installed on my itr before and one day when i came outside, it was not where i parked it. lol. it it jerked all the way down the street towards me. at least i didnt have to walk down the street. there were all these ppl around it like someone got in an accident and were even blaming some other car that zoomed by. haha. i just opened the door and left.

nicklulu
02-19-2010, 05:17 PM
it depends what remote start unit you have. nowadays you can get a code emulator so you dont need to have a spare key for remote start.

you need the spare key ton the car to disable the immobilizer, but if you have a module to copy the code, you dont need a spare key for it.

mystik_khmer
02-19-2010, 05:21 PM
it depends what remote start unit you have. nowadays you can get a code emulator so you dont need to have a spare key for remote start.

you need the spare key ton the car to disable the immobilizer, but if you have a module to copy the code, you dont need a spare key for it.

i got mines installed about 2 years ago i got the clifford 50.5 its 1 mile range its great.. and yeah i had to get a spare key in the car.. overall its worth it

nicklulu
02-19-2010, 05:26 PM

i got mines installed about 2 years ago i got the clifford 50.5 its 1 mile range its great.. and yeah i had to get a spare key in the car.. overall its worth it

DEI (viper, clifford, hornet, etc) remote start (except for the newest one out with the iphone app) is only for automatics (not unless if you really want to get it installed and bypass some sensors)

Compustar is most popular one with remote start for manual trannys. Authorized delaers would not have any issues installing it for you and it will be covered by the installer and manufacturer for faulty install and equipment. so if it "jump starts" they will cover your car for damages.

nodnarb416
02-19-2010, 07:08 PM
i have a crimestopper one and my friend uses it.. he didn't have to have an extra key. So i think the one i got doesn't need it, but we'll see

Timujin
02-19-2010, 07:40 PM
I installed my own AutoPage 2-Way alarm (less the clutch bypass and immobilizer).

Here is how it works:

1. Enter car press clutch & make sure in Neutral
2. Stick the key into the ignition (leave it turned off)
3. Hit the auto-start command on the remote and the car starts
4. (check neutral again) Release clutch & remove key
6. Car is running, lock and arm alarm.

Car idles for 5 minutes then shuts off unless I get in and driveaway. It works in reverse for a turbo timer function & has a separate turbo timer function.

It took me about 36 hours to install and I took my time. All connections are soldered and are GUARANTEED FOR LIFE!