PDA

View Full Version : Evo X Wheels Setup Help!

Daskid
02-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi!

I need help on what wheel setup would you guys recommend. I will be using the stock Advan tires (245/40/18) and I'm currently dropped on Eibach Prokit. I also have -2.3 camber in the front, and -1 in the rears. Wheels I'm looking at are Work Emotion XT-7 18x9.5. Can't decide what offset to get. +20 or +12? I need to know if need to have fender work on these bad boys, and if anybody rocking these experience any rubbing driving straight and full lock. I really wanna go with +12, but I also want to be sure it wont give me a headache.

Thanks in advance!

j_nizzle
02-22-2010, 08:48 PM
search "mangoes"

KT Motoring
02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Save yourself some headache and just avoid anything lower than a +20 offset. Â*Do you really want your rim to stick out beyond the fender? Â*Do you want to be running a lot of camber in order to get them to fit in the rear? Â*Of course fender rolling is required. Â*Do you want stretched tires? Â*If the above is alright with you, then go ahead and get the +12, but I would steer clear of it.

Daskid
02-22-2010, 09:09 PM
search "mangoes"

I did. But he's running coilovers, so he has the advantage of a more negative camber adjustment.

Save yourself some headache and just avoid anything lower than a +20 offset. Â*Do you really want your rim to stick out beyond the fender? Â*Do you want to be running a lot of camber in order to get them to fit in the rear? Â*Of course fender rolling is required. Â*Do you want stretched tires? Â*If the above is alright with you, then go ahead and get the +12, but I would steer clear of it.

Hey thanks for chiming in. I want it to stick out flush or maybe 1-2mm more. If I go +20, does anybody sell 2-3mm spacers? Maybe 5mm, depends on the clearance. I not really a fan of more than -2 camber in the rear. Stretched tires is not a biggie, but I think it also makes the wheels vulnerable to getting curbed. And fender rolling is a "no" for me. Hey thanks for enlightening me. Much appreciated.

Anybody running on these wheels on +20 dropped in eibachs?

Thanks SCE!

KT Motoring
02-22-2010, 09:15 PM
mangoes setup looks awesome! Seriously it looks great.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67/jordanthemango/Hospital%20Structure/DSC_0144small.jpg

But it took a lot of work to get it that way. You're going to have to weigh the advantages of looks with the disadvantages of the dangers of daily driving such a setup.

Daskid
02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Yea, his is badass. I'm just wondering if he has rubbing issues.

Hey mangoes, if you're reading this, did you get your fenders rolled? Any rubbing issues? Thanks!

Azian
02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
IIRC Jordan(mangoes) is running a 5mm or 10mm spacer all around(or maybe just fronts)

but yes I do agree with Tha Shop about the disadvantages of being "herrafrush" when DDing cause that shit is a PITA

hellafunctional FTW :)

and yes mangoes has his fenders rolled in the rears and kinda rolled up front as well and he has a ridiculous drop so yes he does rub quite a bit LOL and I know this because I borrowed his car to go from anaheim to san diego and every bump on the freeway I hit it was rub rub rub

I hit him up a lil while ago so he'll be posting what he did and what not when he gets home

mangoes
02-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Heya,

I recommend you go with +20 if you are not going to roll your fenders. I am pretty sure +12 will rub. With the +12 the wheels may stick out a bit also since the drop isn't that much.

My fenders are rolled only in the rear. No roll in the front. I had to cut the plastic tab where the front bumper meets the fenders to fix the rubbing issue. I still rub a teensy bit when turning though. I only have rubbing issues because its so low, if I raise the car back up it will be fine.

I also have a 5mm spacer all around so the offset is +7 right now.

Daskid
02-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Heya,

I recommend you go with +20 if you are not going to roll your fenders. I am pretty sure +12 will rub. With the +12 the wheels may stick out a bit also since the drop isn't that much.

My fenders are rolled only in the rear. No roll in the front. I had to cut the plastic tab where the front bumper meets the fenders to fix the rubbing issue. I still rub a teensy bit when turning though. I only have rubbing issues because its so low, if I raise the car back up it will be fine.

I also have a 5mm spacer all around so the offset is +7 right now.

Oh I see. Okay then. I'm going with +20 and maybe test fit some 5mm spacers. We'll see how it goes. I'm not really fond of tires rubbing here and there. Thanks for the info! That makes everything clear now. And btw, YGPM!

luisevo8
05-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Ok I am planning on buying some rims. SO i was gonna go with some enkei's NTO3's 18x9.5 with a 27 offset. So after reading some of this post it seems like I might need spacers but it is not good to have spacers so what sixe offset is good that sits flush with no spacers needed. Which wheels would anyone recommend? I plan on coil overs but i am not going to slam the car. So if some one can help me with this it is very appreciated. I am in Iraq so I have alot of time to decide which wheels would be best. thanks guys :mitsu:

Daskid
05-21-2010, 04:30 PM
From what I read, +20 sits flush.

big boss
05-24-2010, 02:59 AM
this might help!!! I did Roll/cut my rear fenders but never had any issues rubbing just did it to be safe :uglystupid2: lol Sorry I didn't have works but I had ROTAs 18x9.5 +20 and they sat pretty flush! I was running 245/40/18 NT555 tires... they had a lil stretch to them... but with a 255 series or a 265/35 should be perfect IMO! Just incase also I test fitted my hommies RPF1 18x9.5 +15 LOOKED hella SAWEET ^-^ But I went with a 18x10.5 +15 now I :smitten: Good luck bro!

Daskid
05-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks for your input. Those comparisons would help me imagine what it'll look like when upgrading wheels. Thanks again!