PDA

View Full Version : Re: Clutch Install Discounts

thugline
08-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey Mike, I went to your shop earlier today to tell Eddie that I will get my Act clutch and flywheel somewhere else for much cheaper and just have you guys do the labor. From what I remember the Labor on the clutch install on an 03 evo was $450 to $500 (which is not bad) and I ask him if the price on labor would still be $500 and he said $600(which really shock me). I am short for cash and that was the last thing I needed to hear. I will be buying one of your stealth t kits early next year so I will still bring buisness to you because I know RRE is the shit. I apologize for any missunderstandings and I will personally tell you that myself if it makes any difference.

gofaster87
08-21-2006, 09:26 PM
You guys do understand that RRE has many employees and a huge overhead. They are business that needs to pay employess that in turn need to feed themselves and families. Knowledge is worth money and no one else can match their knowledge and expertise. If you ever catch Mike on one of his history lessons youll be glad to know the expereience behind himself, robert(rrs) and some of the others there. Saving a buck isnt worth it sometimes. If RRE were to go out of business, you guys dont know how much the evo and dsm community would be fucked. Ill always give them my business because theyre always there when I need help, have a question or Im in an emergency situation. Cant say this for most shops in the country.

Mike W
08-22-2006, 10:12 AM
OK, no problem, I understand times are rough out there in the hood. I just made a Thugline Po-boy clutch special just for you.

Updated 10/2012

ACT Clutch

EVO 8/9

ACT Heavy Duty 2900lb Pressure Plate
ACT Sprung Hub Street Disc
Clutch Release Bearing
RRE No Name Lightweight Chromoly Flywheel
3 Quarts Redline MT-90 Transmission Oil
1 Quart Redline Shockproof Gear Oil (Transfer Case)
Install all of the above

Total $1430

ACT Extreme 3200lb 3200 lb Pressure Plate
Clutch Release Bearing
3 Quarts Redline MT-85 Transmission Oil
RRE Clutch line, Remove Restrictor
Install all of the above

Total $1525

EVO X GSR

Clutch Release Bearing
1 Quart Redline 75/90 (Transfercase)
Install all of the above

Total $1550

Mike W

ANTHONY
08-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Do you guys have the Compton package?????? :D

Mike W
08-22-2006, 11:29 AM
so where is the shop located.

The address is at the bottom of all 400+ pages of the web site. You will be mostly interested in this page: http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo.htm

13022 La Dana Ct.
Santa Fe Springs, Ca 90670

Santa Fe Springs is near Whittier, Norwalk, La Mirada, Buena Park. Just on the line between La County and Orange County.

https://maps.google.com/local_url?dq=Road+Race+Engineering&q=https://plus.google.com/116105729991794668522/about%3Fgl%3Dus%26hl%3Den&s=ANYYN7m6f1R4RZ7kq0yY_q_s1QrEW2Atww

Mike W

ultraflip
08-22-2006, 11:52 AM
i can just picture board members coming to RRE... goes up to the desks on the side... and ask "Can I please have the Krayzie Bone Gold Toof Ball'r Deluxe package?"... everyone's going to sit there n stare like the board member is crazy... lol

trinydex
08-22-2006, 01:38 PM
You guys do understand that RRE has many employees and a huge overhead. They are business that needs to pay employess that in turn need to feed themselves and families. Knowledge is worth money and no one else can match their knowledge and expertise. If you ever catch Mike on one of his history lessons youll be glad to know the expereience behind himself, robert(rrs) and some of the others there. Saving a buck isnt worth it sometimes. If RRE were to go out of business, you guys dont know how much the evo and dsm community would be fucked. Ill always give them my business because theyre always there when I need help, have a question or Im in an emergency situation. Cant say this for most shops in the country.
i'm not into +1 so i'll add my bit here.

i think the amount of OMG THANK YOU RRE FOR HAULING MY TRACK WRECK HOME threads that i've read in two years outnumbers that of any other shop and possibly all the other shops "known to evos" combined.

i don't think i've ever even read such a story about buschur racing, certainly not shivnu, definitely not "doesn't" works, no one has the saving grace stories that rre has.

i'll be the first to admit that i'm a cheap mofo. 80 percent of the parts on my car are used. i do most of my installs myself, but when it comes to the big shat, i get it from rre and they take care of me.

evomrguy
08-23-2006, 02:14 PM
OK, no problem, I understand times are rough out there in the hood. I just made a Thugline Po-boy clutch special.

RRE No Name 2900lb Clutch
3 Quarts BG Syncroshift
1 Quart Redline Shockproof or Diaqueen
Install all of the above NO ACD

$1225 cash price No ACD
$1275 cash price with ACD

And the Krayzie Bone Gold Toof Ball'r Deluxe package

RRE No Name 3200lb Clutch
3 Quarts BG Syncroshift
RRE Clutch line and remove the restrictor
Install all of the above

$1325 cash price No ACD
$1375 cash price with ACD

Add about $60 to $75 if you need to use your baby momma's credit card.

You must axe fo these discount packages by name.

Mike WÂ* O0

Damn Mike thats funny. It would be hilarious to actually see packages like this up on your site. :grin:

Edward M
08-26-2006, 11:48 PM

Well said... They saved me when I needed them... RRE is the best!

thugline
08-27-2006, 12:15 AM
OK, no problem, I understand times are rough out there in the hood. I just made a Thugline Po-boy clutch special.

3 Quarts BG Syncroshift

$1225 cash price No ACD

3 Quarts BG Syncroshift
Install all of the above

$1325 cash price No ACD

Mike WÂ* O0
I see you got Jokes Mike!

trinydex
08-27-2006, 12:19 AM
try typing outside the quotes next time. and does everyone have to quote mike's quarter page post to say lil two word replies?

PartyMarty
08-27-2006, 01:14 AM
OK, no problem, I understand times are rough out there in the hood. I just made a Thugline Po-boy clutch special. And the Krayzie Bone Gold Toof Ball'r Deluxe package

Mike W O0

Hahaha!

JDMC-WestEVO
08-27-2006, 01:33 AM
nice very creative

Mike W
12-26-2006, 12:19 PM
this still going on?

Yes, prices will still be honored (If you ask for the packages by name :-) )

Mike W

ROGERV
02-06-2007, 10:10 AM

3 Quarts BG Syncroshift

$1225 cash price No ACD

3 Quarts BG Syncroshift
Install all of the above

$1325 cash price No ACD

Mike W O0

Are these prices still good???

I need a clutch pretty soon.

DTunedEvoX
02-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Call ask AXE fo it by name :uglystupid2:

Mike W
02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
If yo have the balls to tell Eddie with a straight face you want the package then yes we'll hook you up.

Mike W

kipper215
02-06-2007, 11:03 AM

3 Quarts BG Syncroshift

$1225 cash price No ACD

3 Quarts BG Syncroshift
Install all of the above

$1325 cash price No ACD

Mike W O0

DAM my clutch alone is more than that. props for offering a smoking deal for a brotha in trouble. plus one million on what gofaster87 said. I have learned so much about my car at RRE. I also like the fact that Robert keeps reminders on his desk for people who want to push their car over the limit with his collection of bent rods and cracked pistons.

gen4k20a2
02-06-2007, 11:08 AM
does this include a new throwout bearing?

GokuSSJ4
02-06-2007, 01:53 PM
crazy!!!!
LOL
Thugline Po-boy clutch special. And the Krayzie Bone Gold Toof Ball'r Deluxe package

ultraflip
03-11-2007, 10:28 AM
is this offer still valid?

Mike W
03-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Yes it is still valid. You gots to axe fo it by name though.

Mike W

Skiracer
03-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes it is still valid. You gots to axe fo it by name though.

Mike W

Can i schedule a service email or do i have to call your shop, then you guys put me on speakerphone so the whole shop can hear, then i ask for it by name?

JC
03-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Can i schedule a service email or do i have to call your shop, then you guys put me on speakerphone so the whole shop can hear, then i ask for it by name?

Eh, they just chuckled at me when I asked for it. It was worth it, my new RRE Krayzie Bone GTB package EVO rocks. :)

Mike W
03-12-2007, 09:38 PM

It only takes a couple minutes to get everyone from the office and shop together to hear it.

Mike W

ghost_evo
03-12-2007, 09:59 PM
yea i got the thugline po boy a coouple of weeks ago, eddie laughed because they really do go by these names. haha

smokinevo9
03-12-2007, 10:02 PM
so where can we look up these names and package.....................lol............but seriously

EvoPwr
03-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Mon, first page a few posts down, I want to call nad just order one for fun. Just sounds like fun to do, is this available anywhere else? ;)

GSX2EVO
06-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Calling to make my appointment today!

atlvalet
06-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Just left Ty a pm about the Po-Boy special :D

Skiracer
06-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Just left Ty a pm about the Po-Boy special :D

From what i understand, you have to physically go to RRE, stare Robert straight in the eye and ask him for the "Po-Boy" special without laughing. Oh, this must also be videotaped and thrown on Youtube. :2funny:

gsrIXevo
06-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Thugline Po Boy.... its not a sandwhich.....lol... but it is a combo deal....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL... just ask Thugline....

GSX2EVO
06-13-2007, 02:20 PM
I called in yesterday and made my appointment for the PoBoy package. See ya Monday!

x[corwyn]
06-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm coming out in a few weeks to get the "Krayzie Bone Gold Toof Ball'r Deluxe package".

How long does it usually take to get it done?

atlvalet
06-15-2007, 11:19 PM
If you're real lucky, Robert will throw in a PBJ sandwich with your Po-Boy Special :D

GSX2EVO
06-19-2007, 11:15 PM
I just had the poboy thugline package and to say the least I'm very pleased. The guys also installed a stage 1 set up on my car and it feels great! The guys did an excellent job as always and they even tried to help fix my girlfriend's mini cooper s that was having issues with the fuel pump. Robert and the RRE crew really came through tonight. Thanks guys.

GSX2EVO
06-19-2007, 11:16 PM
If you're real lucky, Robert will throw in a PBJ sandwich with your Po-Boy Special :D

The PBJ sandwich rumor is true! The only thing is you have to make it yourself...

JCRUZ
09-20-2007, 07:23 PM
got my "Krayzie Bone Gold Toof Ball'r Deluxe clutch package" installed wednesday and i'd like to say thanks RRE for an awesome job and service.Â* Dropped the car off @ 10:30am and got it back the same day with no problems.Â* clutch feels f ing crazy.Â* stalled at least five timesÂ* Â*:-o when i left because it was so accurate compared to the stocker.Â* Thanks rre.Â* my car feels like a totally different car with the new clutch.Â* O0

AWDTURBO
09-21-2007, 02:34 PM
got my "Krayzie Bone Gold Toof Ball'r Deluxe clutch package" installed wednesday and i'd like to say thanks RRE for an awesome job and service.Â* Dropped the car off @ 10:30am and got it back the same day with no problems.Â* clutch feels f ing crazy.Â* stalled at least five timesÂ* Â*:-o when i left because it was so accurate compared to the stocker.Â* Thanks rre.Â* my car feels like a totally different car with the new clutch.Â* O0

hahahahaha, got mine krazie bone clutch in last week on Wednesday and when i picked it up i stalled a couple of times also......my wife was following me and she was cracking up laughing....ha ha.........but yeah.....big difference eh?Â* O0

But after driving 50-60 miles my clutch pedal got stuck and i couldnt get into gear....i pulled over to look what was the problem and i just pulled it up by hand and it went back to normal for another 50-60 miles. The next day (thurs) i contacted RRE and brought the car back to get diagnosed. They thought there might be a air pocket in the the clutch line so they blead the line again. After they finished i rolled to the 626 meet.

The next day, it happened again on my way back from work. Clutch pedal started to slowly go to the floor but this time i just pulled it up w/ my foot and kept driving. I brought in the car again friday after work and we thought it might be the clutch pedal adjustment. So Robert Garcia tried to adjust it but since hes a lefty it was difficult for him to get to the adjustment point. No one else was there that day except mike, so i just left and decided to come back on monday.

Well it happened 2 more times over the weekend, and then 3 more this week. I realized its not gonna go away. Since I will be at the redline event this sunday I needed it to be resolved asap. So back to RRE again last nite and they finally found the problem. It was the SS clutch line. At the end of the nut, inside was a small nick cause it to leak and overtime causing the pedal to loose pressure and go to the floor.

Now I am a happy camper! So far no problems! Thanks again to RRE and the entire crew! You guys are the best! Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share my experience w/ RRE and prove that they are top notch!Â* O0 O0

JCRUZ
09-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Very big difference. Like night and day difference. Good write up. Now I know what the problem is if my clutch started doing that.got home that night and drove around for an hour just to get used to the pedal feel. Great clutch, great service, overall great experience. Krayze bone gold toof baller for life duhg.

vial8or
11-26-2007, 01:51 AM
=( my clutch is slipping to death!!!!
need to get a new one ASAP.
i have the RRE stealth exhaust and am very familiar with their great work so they will be the 1st i go to for my clutch
im real tight on money so i hope these offers are still valid?
im getting the Thugline Po-boy clutch special. dont care if its on youtube as long as i get the discount =)

Mike W
11-27-2007, 01:02 AM
The offer still stands :-)

Mik W

vial8or
11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Thank you RRE soo much!!!
called on monday, and by tuesday the whole thing was installed
i only stalled twice! haha
very happy
ill post a thread tomorrow about it when i get more driving time

r0me0ne
11-27-2007, 08:34 PM
^^^^^new clutch alreadty...didn't u just by ur gg less than a month ago...or was it already messed up...

vial8or
11-27-2007, 08:36 PM
^^lol ya i bought it less than a month ago
but when i got it the car had a 5th gear grind and the clutch wasnt that great
i wanted the RRE one eventually anyways, so i just launched it a few times for fun

r0me0ne
11-27-2007, 08:48 PM
^^^that's good how's it feel compared to stock im thinking bout getting it for my gg soon too...

vial8or
11-27-2007, 09:55 PM
^^like everyone says you'll more than likely stall at least once
but you get used to it pretty fast. at 1st it feels real heavy, you can feel it in your foot
but it also feels so much stronger. its great since i plan on going to the tracks soon
overall its extremely worth it

vial8or
12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
ok i've had almost 700miles on my new krazie bone clutch, so i'm pretty sure i can safely say it's broken in

i'm soo used to it all ready, i dont notice that it feels heavy anymore.
my only complaint is that when in 1st gear, there is this whining sound.
doesn't happen in any other gear but 1st
also, reverse is kind of a bitch to put in sometimes

but other than that it's solid, real solid.
the few people who've driven it real quick love it.

2 quick questions. what could the whining sound be from??
and what could you guys do about my 5th gear grind.
warranty wont cover it, even though it's had the grind since i got the car :(

tanK
12-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes

vial8or
12-08-2007, 12:50 AM
^^lmao!!!
exactly
besides, 1375 for a 3200lb clutch and flywheel and labor??
thats a pretty good deal anyways

xxxAce21xxx
12-09-2007, 02:00 AM
ok so my clutch is pretty much gone i wanna get a new one installed by RRE heard nothing but good things i want it done by u guys but ya anyways im a total newb so bare with me here I Have A IX MR 10K on it !!! im willing to spend some good money on a new clutch i wanna know what u reccomend for me only power mod i have right now is my invidia catback which isnt much im looking for a clutch that can take hard driving and that will last unlike the stock MR clutch =( i daily drive my evo so its mostly street i wanna be able to track it one day also so basically i need something that wont give me problems with the low power im pushing but also need something with plenty of room for future mods i plan to power mod the hell out of it and dont wanna end up having to buy another clutch later so anyways id like ur guys input on this and PM me your prices =)

AaronI1
12-26-2007, 01:52 PM
thanks for the clutch and stealth install last week.Â* Im loving my car once again.Â* O0 for RRE

funks
06-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Was looking at your site, do you guys actually sell 3 types of no-name clutches for the EVO?

RRE No Name 2900 Heavy Duty Kit W/Street Disc - 500$
RRE No Name 3200lb W/Street Disc - 540$

but then when clicking on the more info link - http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/nonameclutch.htm, I get this

We have an EVO clutch now for you that is 3,000 lbs clamp load, looks stock (no paint) and has a smooth engaging heavy duty organic disc. We use this same clutch in our 500 hp shop EVO. The price is in line with all of the other single disc clutches or cheaper. It includes a throw out bearing too. Call it what you want... No Name Clutch, X-Clutch, Stealth Clutch.

It says, 520$..

So do you guys actually sell a 2900LB no name clutch (500$), a 3000LB no name clutch (520$), and a 3200 lb no name cluch? (540$)?

Mike W
06-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Old page. Just the 2900 for $500 and the 3200 for $540 now.

Mike W

HardRideCafe
08-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Got the Krazy Bone a week ago and I'm loving it, great price. I'm not used to hard clutches so I stalled when got to the bottom of their drive way. I also hit afternoon traffic so I had alot of practice on the way home. But you get use to it. Thanks RRE great service will be coming back for more installs.

240sxmonster
11-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Got the krazy bone today an it feels 100 times better. Thank You RRE, you are turly the best. Excellent service and knowledge!! O0

gen4k20a2
03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Cars in for clutch job right now... the work order actually says the crazy names on it!!

soontobe
03-21-2009, 01:00 AM
think i gotta buy a new clutch :(

gen4k20a2
03-21-2009, 09:37 AM
RRE is the way to go. The clutch pressure feels stock to me... just the last 1 inch is where it feels like it clamps down.

dj_subculture
07-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Just shy of 25000 miles and my stock clutch is starting to slip.
I'll be calling you guys in tomorrow morning to make an appointment for the "Thugline Po-boy clutch special". O0

Mike W
07-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Cool deal. We can usually get a clutch job scheduled in within a couple days.

Mike W

dj_subculture
07-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Appointment set.
And yes, I asked to the "Thugline Po-boy clutch special" by name. :2funny:

friski_nardin
08-13-2009, 12:44 AM
hey everyone,
so what is the diff between 2900, 3000, 3200 ? im looking for a DD clutch and also take it to a track and do 1/4 mile runs (( launching it )) so please tell me which one would be the best clutch for me and how does the pedal feels compare to stock ? and also what kind of Fly wheels should I got with ? if if none of these clutches would work for me then what any other clutches RRE offers around this price range that I can go with ? by the way im not plan on reaching 450WHP, (( I prefer buy to buy and get it installed by RRE )) thank you all for reading.

EvoVIIIGSR
06-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks everyone @ RRE for a kickass job on the Krayzie Bones install. Good prices, great service! Loving the new holding power.

Mike W
06-16-2010, 02:33 AM
There are only two clutches for the 8/9. The ACT 3200 (XTSS) and the ACT 2900 (HDSS). Since the 8/9s are most all well out of warranty we dont do the no name plain wrap clutches for them anymore. No Name clutches are just for the Xs now.

THe 2900 will hold the power you are after as long as you dont launch. If you will be a launching fool, get things hot, generally drive like a teenager, then get the 3200. The down side is a stiff pedal and a big left calf.

If you make over ~450 ft lbs on a regular basis, then get a street disc with a solid hub center.

Mike W

GokuSSJ4
06-24-2010, 12:43 AM
There are only two clutches for the 8/9. The ACT 3200 (XTSS) and the ACT 2900 (HDSS). Since the 8/9s are most all well out of warranty we dont do the no name plain wrap clutches for them anymore. No Name clutches are just for the Xs now.

THe 2900 will hold the power you are after as long as you dont launch. If you will be a launching fool, get things hot, generally drive like a teenager, then get the 3200. The down side is a stiff pedal and a big left calf.

If you make over ~450 ft lbs on a regular basis, then get a street disc with a solid hub center.

Mike W

what do you recommend for a 2.3 :wink:
2900 clutch for a Road race set up ??? no drag, i leave that up to other folks :2funny:

silverevo05
08-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey Mike, Any resolution to the high RPM lock out issues,Â* or is it just a problem with other installers. I'm curious since I am now in need of a new clucth. I'm Gonna need a " Thugline Install" http://www.uglymales.com/wc/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/flavor-flav.jpg

Mike W
08-19-2010, 09:00 PM
How high RPM is high for you? Below 8k we dont see any serious issues if adjusted properly. It is a limiting factor of the AC and all clutches based on the stock pressure plate. Spend 3 times as much on a fancy twin disc and that helps shifting at 8K plus, but lognevity isnt any better.

Mike W

NativeSS
08-19-2010, 09:27 PM
bump for RRE, and my RRE built (forged internal) motor and 3200lb ACT. empty pockets with a big ass grin on my face. :)

they will even install the oil dipstick springs for you! seen it personally on my buddies car lmao. thats why this is the only shop that gets my money.

ROGERV
08-23-2010, 07:09 PM

Mike W

Hi Mike,
Do you think this clutch will hold my power or should I just go with a 6 puck.
(514whp 455wtq Dynojet)
I use to do alot of drag racing but not anymore, just want something for DD.

Mike W
08-23-2010, 08:51 PM
X-Treme pressure plate with a Street disc with a solid hub will hold that.

One has been holding this for 2 years so far.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/mccomsey/08-01-13-e85%2028%20psi-640.jpg

Mike W

ROGERV
08-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks, you got pm.

FI
10-17-2010, 09:39 PM
BUMP

What is the turn around time like right now?

Mike W
10-18-2010, 11:04 AM
The car he in the shop for the better part of a day. Most guys will drop the car off one evening and pick it up the next evening. W are here from 10 am till 9pm M-F.

We can usually get you scheduled in with in a day or two.

Mike W

theycallmebruce
10-18-2010, 01:38 PM
just got the thugline special done last thursday. got there right when they opened and they were done by late afternoon. awesome work and couldn't be happier.

4g63IX
11-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Got my car back last week, from a new HDSS kit install (last one took a crap). Took it in and got it back, the next day!
Great service, fast work and awesome prices!
That, and I love the feel, of the new Redline MT-85! Feels smoother, than the Redline MT-90 that I had before. Thanks RRE!

MinusPrevious
01-05-2011, 08:49 PM
My E85 Nine - 407WHP/402TQ stock clutch is giving up the ghost.Â* Started slipping in 5th at WOT.Â* (Just hit 40K miles)

Just made my appointment for the HDSS install.Â*
I was all about the XTSS spec but after talking w/ Mr. Robert, he told me to repeat the following 3XÂ* "I Am Not A Launcher" ,"I Am Not A Launcher","I Am Not A Launcher" :knuppel2:

Anyways, I'm cured, I went w/ the 2900lb'er.Â* Ill let you guys know what I think after the install

Peace,Â* Joe

EDIT: The 2900lbr is in Boyz. Just one full day to install. Drove it home & didnt stall it once ;)
Pedal pressure & engagement is a bit different than stock

initial_j
02-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks to RRE!

Just had the "Thugline Po-boy clutch" installed, feels great, not too different from stock!

Special thanks to Honda and Sam for taking the time to bs and impart some great mechanical wisdom!!

RoGuEtUrKeY
02-16-2011, 08:44 AM
I plan on getting my clutch, fywheel, 3 port and tune done by them sometime in the beginning of March. I cannot wait. Been waiting for 7 months to buy parts and get a tune. Heard nothing but good things about RRE! Hopefully I get a good price on all of it.

evoxchick
03-07-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm waiting on my tax return and then I'm getting my clutch and flywheel! and MAYBE i can sweet talk my bf into paying for part of my tune.....i think that can be done.

Terry S
03-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Prices still good?

Terry S

Mike W
03-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Yep.

Mike W

aguilar45
03-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Just got their Thug Clutch happening again and boy did they love my Evo long time...! I do miss my LOUD ASS exhaust :-(

Terry S
03-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Got my Thug Clutch system installed on monday. Showed up at 10:30, car rolled back by 11, finished up by 3:30.

Fast, easy, and great price. WTF are you shopping around for?

Thanks guys!

Terry S

GokuSSJ4
03-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Terry
where have you been ??
LOL its been a while and glad RRE took care of you clutch needs..

Terry S
03-31-2011, 09:06 PM
I've been drifting around on other sites. my new job blocks socalevo :(

Terry S

p.g_will
05-04-2011, 09:14 PM
does the install include new TOB?

Mike W
05-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes, it is included.

It would be criminal not to include a new release bearing with any clutch install on any car from any mechanic.

Mike W

SurferX
05-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Much thanks to Mike and Sam at RRE for fitting me in prior to this weekend. Got my Thugline Po-boy clutch kit and IC piping kit installed as well. Dropped my car on Thursday night and picked it up Friday evening. Evo runs great so far, clutch is biting much better than stock, and I can feel much better response from my car with the IC piping installed. If you need a clutch job done fast and easy, RRE is the place to be! O0

Mike W
10-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Original post prices and product options updated taking into consideration ACT's new tough pricing and permissible discount policies.

Mike W

WavMixer
11-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm now ready to get my clutch replaced and there is no place else I would consider for this. See ya soon Mikey. O0

White Evo 4b11
12-15-2011, 01:47 AM
they did a clutch job on my car and it was pretty quick which is what i needed because its my daily thanks again

obstacle1
12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm now ready to get my clutch replaced and there is no place else I would consider for this. See ya soon Mikey. O0
I met you at the Jack In the Box in Alhambra! Hey man! lol

socalrallired09
12-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey mike which hood certified clutchwould you recommen for an evo x with full bolt ons on e85.Also I would like to be able to launch my car without having to always worry about my clutch and have you had any issues with the cmc breaking using your clutch kits. Thanks

Mike W
12-15-2011, 01:23 PM
EVO X clutch master cylinders break on stock clutches. It all depends on how well your particular master cylinder got super glued together. It is is poorly glued together it can break with a stock clutch. If it is half glued together well then it can break apart with a mild pressure upgrade. If it is glued together well then it will survive a thuggish pressure plate.

You will always need to worry about launching an EVO. To launch an X with your power level you need to upgrade the center diff cross pin for a start. Then get a miserable grabby metallic disc and a heavy pressure plate and upgrade the mater cylinder. Then with each launch, set aside about $50 towards future repairs.

Mike W

White Evo 4b11
12-16-2011, 11:46 AM
does the clutch install price vary? or is it a flat 590? for the evo x

Mike W
12-16-2011, 02:35 PM
You mean like if you wash my car? Yeah we could work out something :-)

But a la carte it is that what is listed on the first page here. But as you buy all the stuff here we work a package discount as listed there. If you bring in your own multi-plate clutch that needs a bunch of assembly, a pedal stop and change out the release bearing system to a hydraulic push then it could be more.

Mike W

White Evo 4b11
12-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Let's say a spec 3+ clutch

ru4real
05-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Are the prices on page 1 still good or can you update them? I'm looking at the Competition Clutch Stage 2 package deal with clutch line. The stock clutch is starting to slip after just 98K miles.

Mike W
05-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Prices listed there will always be honored regardless of how old they are.

Mike W

Coqui
08-14-2012, 02:27 AM
Got a list of mods coming in for evo so then i can get it tuned there and eventually a clutch job too..sweet prices

gene112601
09-15-2013, 02:15 AM
Got my X Clutch work done at RRE feel great and Thanks to RRE!!
now time for Magnus CMC kit!!

nechronius
10-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Got my X Clutch work done at RRE feel great and Thanks to RRE!!
now time for Magnus CMC kit!!

May not need it if your car is covered by the Safety Recall announced today. Worth looking into in any case. See the sticky in the General forum.

Evolved524
08-27-2015, 08:27 PM
Are prices posted still valid? I called today and you guys stated that the prices went slightly up into the 1600 range?

evo_jfa
08-28-2015, 09:54 AM
last post from 2013 and original post on 2006. it's due the clutch and fluid and so on...

gene112601
10-06-2015, 10:06 PM
EVO 8/9

Clutch Release Bearing
3 Quarts Redline MT-90 Transmission Oil
Install all of the above

Total $1430

ACT Extreme 3200lb 3200 lb Pressure Plate
Clutch Release Bearing
RRE Clutch line, Remove Restrictor
Install all of the above

Total $1525

is this price still good Mike ? thanks!