PDA

View Full Version : HTC EVO 4G

jebus27
03-23-2010, 02:05 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g-is-sprints-android-powered-knight-in-superphone-armo/4#c26497333

mystik_khmer
03-23-2010, 02:20 PM
I've never liked the Android OS... I tried WinMobile and that was slow.. I like the Iphone its soo smooth waiting on 4g Iphone

JDMwhore
03-23-2010, 02:23 PM
I've never liked the Android OS... I tried WinMobile and that was slow.. I like the Iphone its soo smooth waiting on 4g Iphone

ANDROID for me!!!

jebus27
03-23-2010, 06:34 PM
webOS from palm is the shit, better than iphone IMO, but the hardware is seriously lacking...unless palm shows something like this imma have to dip into the andriod world...the soonest an iphone 4g will appear is 2012 att is really behind the ball on 4g

06evoMR
03-23-2010, 07:08 PM
i got myself a droid, i perfer that over my old iphone 3g. yeah i got massive games on the iphone. i like the rooting, over clockin 1.2k, multi tasking and wifi tethering. iphone..none..lol oh yeah, google maps rock! with voice command and voice to text is sweet too ;D. cant wait for flash 10.1!!

g1ovan13
03-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Looks good.

drmosh
03-24-2010, 09:26 PM
This might even convince me to switch over to Sprint... as far as phone OS's checkout the Nokia N900, Maemo is really good... better than Android or Win or iPhone IMO...

GokuSSJ4
03-30-2010, 11:49 PM
friend of mine has this and loves it over the iphone... Of course we shall see what the new Iphone shall bring; since it has some competition.. the only sad part is battery life... X{

bluefire7002
03-31-2010, 12:04 AM
i got myself a droid, i perfer that over my old iphone 3g. yeah i got massive games on the iphone. i like the rooting, over clockin 1.2k, multi tasking and wifi tethering. iphone..none..lol oh yeah, google maps rock! with voice command and voice to text is sweet too ;D. cant wait for flash 10.1!!

agreed lol.. I never really liked the Iphone.. got the Droid 2 months ago. Best phone ive owned and messed around with PERIOD.. got it rooted as well, was a bit worried to overclock it to 1.2, but turned it up to 800ghz and it runs super smooth. This 4G evo coming out is basically the same thing as the Nexus one phone that came out except with a faster running processor.

Andrew9RS
03-31-2010, 12:17 AM
friend of mine has this and loves it over the iphone... Of course we shall see what the new Iphone shall bring; since it has some competition.. the only sad part is battery life... X{

This phone isnt released yet so how can your friend have this phone? If it's the HTC HD2, It's not the same thing.

I have the Palm Pre, I love it, It's rooted, Overclocked and so forth and multitasking is the shit! Best phone i've had so far. Here are a few things i've done to it aswell LOL

1- Loading Icon Glowing with the Mitsu Logo O0
2- Fully Connected Wifi Icon as Mitsu Logo O0
3- Screen Taps = Mitsu Logo O0

and my BOOT LOGO

http://www.prethemer.com/images/logos/c1d85ae7f5/thumbnail-small.png (http://www.prethemer.com/Mitsubishi_Motors-boot-logo735.html)

Coolguy949
04-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Just cause it's called and Evo...I gotta get it.

Timujin
04-01-2010, 05:05 PM

"Evo" brand loyalty FTW.

enVmyIX
05-24-2010, 11:57 AM

"Evo" brand loyalty FTW.

Is no one else getting this so that they can have a matching car and phone ?? :grin: I have mine pre-ordered from Radio Shack, its coming 6/4

4.3" screen and a kickstand yo!

Coolguy949
05-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Same here. Pre-ordered at The Shack.

Don't forget about the extra $10 off by filling out the survey on the receipt.

BlackFQ
05-24-2010, 12:32 PM
hd2 is nice too,and its still the same 1ghz snapdragon processor as the evo, i would have gotten the evo 4g but i jumped on the hd2

jebus27
05-24-2010, 01:09 PM
going to go preorder it tomorrow, but i got the pre on june 6th, so i hope i dont have to wait 2 days for my upgrade

Coolguy949
05-24-2010, 01:18 PM
hd2 is nice too,and its still the same 1ghz snapdragon processor as the evo, i would have gotten the evo 4g but i jumped on the hd2

Yeah there should be a lot of nice HS2 ROMs available on the forums.

I decided to switch to Android and try it out.

Andrew9RS
05-24-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm going to Pre-Order mine too, But i'm having issues with Sprint renewing my contract out of nowhere and know they're saying i'm not eligible for my upgrade. BLAH BLAH BLAH!

still going to get it 6/4 O0

Payday = 6/3 HTC EVO 6/4 Fontana Drags = 6/5 Reese Dyno Shootour = 6/6

HOLY SHIT WHAT A WEEKEND IT'S GONNA BE! hahaha

cky_bam_marg
05-26-2010, 10:48 PM
ya i wanna get mine on june forth but i dont have an upgrade discount till september..... even though i am a lil down to pay full price for a gangster phone.

for those of u people that have an android with sprint how are the apps?? r they worth it and do the droid apps work with the androids?

like i really wanted the new iphone this summer, but if the apps are just as good then im down for this phone, bc i know im gonna get the new itouch when they come with 3g or 4g capabilities :-D like the new ipads hahah

enVmyIX
06-03-2010, 10:44 AM
BUMP for this beast of a phone that will be in my hands tomorrow morning!!

ya i wanna get mine on june forth but i dont have an upgrade discount till september..... even though i am a lil down to pay full price for a gangster phone.

for those of u people that have an android with sprint how are the apps?? r they worth it and do the droid apps work with the androids?

like i really wanted the new iphone this summer, but if the apps are just as good then im down for this phone, bc i know im gonna get the new itouch when they come with 3g or 4g capabilities :-D like the new ipads hahah

Apps are the same for all android phones.
Motorola Droid is the phone, android is the OS

same with the droid incredible, its actually the HTC Incredible (phone) running android OS

VZW is making it so confusing using the term "droid" for all its android phones

double-0
06-03-2010, 10:56 AM
There is no 4G iphone. 4th generation, sure. 4G network? No. No carrier has 3G network covered well enough to even start supporting 4G even though Sprint is advertising it in certain test markets. Anyway, iPhone is wayyyyyy overrated. It was the phone to get 2 years ago but even 3gs model was practically the same phone as 3g. Palm has a great webOS but have no firmware updates and lack the apps that most people crave. I'm an avid Blackberry user and have been for over 6 years. Although my personal phone is a BB Tour, I do have the Motorola Backflip as a work phone and aside from the awkward design of the phone (which I'm not a huge fan of) the features as well as the OS is the next big thing. Unless Apple revamps the OS, even the new generation iPhone won't be able to keep up with the pace and progress that Android is making. WinMobile = lol they just need to stop making phones period. No version has ever worked well enough to win users over. I'd rather have a old school razR and call it a day. Evo 4G is definitely supposed to be one of the best phones out there and I'm eager to see reviews from actual users.

cky_bam_marg
06-04-2010, 07:44 AM
im gettinging it in a few hours so ill let u guys know how it goes!!

im excited this is my first real smart phone/ good phone! and i like that i can use it as a wifi hub for my itouch, so i get the best of both worlds :-)

also it is a 4g network, everyone is soon gonna be offering it, and sense the iphone is coming to verison, and verison uses alot of sprints satilites, that means 4g for the 4gen iphone :-)..... i love how everything is finally merging together!

also springs unlimited plan for this phone is 70 or 80 bucks, so using my above cross logic, verison iphone plan may just be the same price and at&t can go fk themselves :-)

Coolguy949
06-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Picking mine up soon too. Good luck.

06evoMR
06-04-2010, 07:54 AM
i got my htc evo 4g yesterday. mines was faulty and somehow made the phone smoke up so im guessin it was a bad unit? i walked out without a phone and just wait a couple months for probably something better. -1

jebus27
06-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Just got mines, current typing from it, the Sprint system went down and took 2 hrs to upgrade, this shit is sick!!!

06evoMR
06-04-2010, 09:01 AM
lmk about 4 hours battery life haha

Coolguy949
06-04-2010, 11:03 AM
All I know is that I will be saying "That's what she said" a lot today...

FreddysEvolutionIX
06-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I'll be getting mine Sunday.

double-0
06-04-2010, 12:11 PM

im excited this is my first real smart phone/ good phone! and i like that i can use it as a wifi hub for my itouch, so i get the best of both worlds :-)

also it is a 4g network, everyone is soon gonna be offering it, and sense the iphone is coming to verison, and verison uses alot of sprints satilites, that means 4g for the 4gen iphone :-)..... i love how everything is finally merging together!

also springs unlimited plan for this phone is 70 or 80 bucks, so using my above cross logic, verison iphone plan may just be the same price and at&t can go fk themselves :-)

Please KNOW what you're talking about before making yourself sound stupid by ASSuming. There is no 4G network. PERIOD! Sprint's network is available in TEST MARKETS, not nationwide. For now, they are the ONLY carrier to offer that. VeriZon does not and will not compete with Sprint. They're only concern as a carrier is At&t and vice versa. Exact reason why At&t and Verizon plans are nearly EXACTLY the same. There are wayyyyyyyy too many flaws in 3G as a network for carriers to even think about 4G at the moment. Which is exactly the reason why there are bandwidth issues. Carriers are in a hurry to develop 3G products without having the network set up to support the growth of the technology. That's the reason for dropped calls, lag in data transfer, etc..

4G is in the works. Bottom line. But for it to be out nationwide and fully functional amongst the top 3 carriers (At&t, Verizon, Sprint) will not be for a long time. Definitely not this year for sure.

jebus27
06-04-2010, 01:09 PM
picture using my htc evo 4g!
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/jebus327/d0fc095d.jpg

FreddysEvolutionIX
06-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Looks nice. I need to upgrade my old ass 1st gen. iPhone. I need something new and At&t's service isn't really good up here.

cky_bam_marg
06-04-2010, 02:21 PM

Please KNOW what you're talking about before making yourself sound stupid by ASSuming. There is no 4G network. PERIOD! Sprint's network is available in TEST MARKETS, not nationwide. For now, they are the ONLY carrier to offer that. VeriZon does not and will not compete with Sprint. They're only concern as a carrier is At&t and vice versa. Exact reason why At&t and Verizon plans are nearly EXACTLY the same. There are wayyyyyyyy too many flaws in 3G as a network for carriers to even think about 4G at the moment. Which is exactly the reason why there are bandwidth issues. Carriers are in a hurry to develop 3G products without having the network set up to support the growth of the technology. That's the reason for dropped calls, lag in data transfer, etc..

4G is in the works. Bottom line. But for it to be out nationwide and fully functional amongst the top 3 carriers (At&t, Verizon, Sprint) will not be for a long time. Definitely not this year for sure.

wow i can so not give to shits about what u just said! u sound like all those evo nerds on here that take there job way to seriously... i can care less just like the mods i did to my car didnt go with what everyone was pushing 2 years ago. all i care about is being happy and i have my evo phone now and im quite happy with it!.

i know im still exploring my first high end phone but so far everything is peachy and bad ass :-)

so good day to this thread and we need to start qik calling eachother :-D i wonder if skype will work for this

double-0
06-04-2010, 03:22 PM
My comments were NOT and are NOT to talk you out of buying the phone. It was more about educating your ignorant ass about technology and how it works. It's idiots like you who go around spreading rumors about this and that and know nothing more than what you heard from the next idiot. I'm all for the Evo phone. I think it is very promising and definitely one of the best smartphones out there regardless of what service provider supports it.

mrobs15
06-04-2010, 03:25 PM
I work at best buy we had sold half out stock before I left at 230, phone is awesome

mrobs15
06-04-2010, 03:29 PM

What are you talking about, Verizon is launching 4G LTE for mobile data cards at the end of this year, and 4G handsets Q1 of FY '11. Sprint will also have its WiMax 4G live in all of its largest markets by the end of the year.

jebus27
06-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Yes on the qik calling, and I think they are working on that Skype video for the phone

Andrew9RS
06-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Didn't preorder cause I had weird shitwrng with my account. They called me back today to clear up my issues so now I have to wait til next shipment. O well

lowso
06-10-2010, 12:26 PM
how does everyone like it so far? i cant decide between the iphone or this.. 8mp cammera compared to the iphone 5mp. =( but the damn evo is just oversized? idk w=feedback besides its good please lol

05WickedWhitey
06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
how does everyone like it so far? i cant decide between the iphone or this.. 8mp cammera compared to the iphone 5mp. =( but the damn evo is just oversized? idk w=feedback besides its good please lol

^+1 Im waiting to make my decision until the iphone4 is released... But anyone else with a review would be nice...

And does anyone know if the phone has a slot for a sim card in the back of phone by the batt?? I was told it might..

Coolguy949
06-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I love it. I bought this to clip on to the vent so I can use Google Nav. I hate accessories but this one is really good. I paid $20 at Radio Shack. Used me $20 accessory credit. Amazon has it dirt cheap. I'll try to post pics.

http://www.amazon.com/Bracketron-PHV-202-BL-Mobile-Device-Holder/dp/B001B2PPYC

cky_bam_marg
06-10-2010, 03:06 PM
i love this phone, the only issue im having is on occassion when im downloading a shit load of apps, and listening to music, and getting alot of txts and txting it will say , it has to restart one of the apps to give itself the breathing room, but it takes alot haha.

besides that no problem at all!
best apps
-layars
-mirror 4 evo - this is to check on your looks before u meet a girl ;-)
-yellow book
-google maps works perfect
-youtube looks amazing!
- photo paint camera
- pandora
- shazam

can some of you older droid users suggest some more cool apps?

stuff i'd be interested in
- a good going out app .... like urban daddy for the iphone
- any good first person shooters
- multiplayer online games like - eliminate, or brothers in arms for the iphone
- good video and photo editing apps
- voice changing apps
- apps that change your number on the caller ID of the person your calling
- and a dj, remix app so you can remix songs on your playlist :-)

if anyone knows any apps like the above listed please let me know :-)

Coolguy949
06-10-2010, 03:13 PM
I have all those but yellow book. I'll check it out.

Here are some others I use:

Foursquare
Yelp
Speed Test
ShopSavvy
Shopper
Movies (Flixster)
iheartradio
Google Sky Map
Goggles (awesome - take pics of anything and it can try to find it)
fring (for skype video calling)
Google Earth
Amazon
ASTRO (file manager)
PodKast
Xtremelabs Speedtest
Trapster (find speed traps with GPS)

Geek Apps:
Wifi Analyzer
ConnectBot
CIDR Calculator
Remote RDP Lite

FreddysEvolutionIX
06-10-2010, 03:26 PM
It's a good phone. Better than my iPhone. Probably because i was tired of Edge on it. Only thing that sucks is that the battery doesn't last me a full day.

Andrew9RS
06-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Be getting mine tomorrow with the 2nd shipment

FreddysEvolutionIX
06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
You'll like it Andrew.

06evoMR
06-10-2010, 07:33 PM
get advance task manager. it'll close all running apps ;D

cky_bam_marg
06-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Outragious joy!!!! :-D

Andrew9RS
06-11-2010, 08:28 AM
I should be getting mine today, I'm too lazy to call and see if they got the shipment yet

1WkdEvo
06-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Ill have mine on Monday. I'm making the list of apps now.

Thanks guys

lowso
06-11-2010, 10:31 AM
any one use the video conference on it yet?

Coolguy949
06-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Not Qik. I've used Skype though.

Andrew9RS
06-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Got mine finally and my first impressions are just.... WOW!

I don't know what to Install!!! hahahaha

cky_bam_marg
06-13-2010, 01:23 AM
wats the skype app's name i cant find it when i search "skype"

and ya we need to have a video chat session, we could be like those japanese kids who record the last race in tokyo drift and instant brodcast it. haha ok maybe not that far!

oh ya how is the video and audio quality of the video chat?

Coolguy949
06-13-2010, 08:17 AM
The Skype app is called Fring.

jo3y
06-13-2010, 10:01 AM
get advance task manager. it'll close all running apps ;D

yea this is a must! hahah have it on mytouch slide

Andrew9RS
06-13-2010, 11:51 AM
ive read on the forums that advanced task killer can do more harm then good on the evo. So ive chosen not to use it and see how it operates.

I posted this from my evo using swype O0

cky_bam_marg
06-14-2010, 05:58 PM
omg prepare to thank me :-D

look for these sick games in the market place
heavy gunner
exzeus
zenonia
caligo chaser
asphalt

and then check out the sick as fuck games for androids on this site :-D
http://www.gameloft.com/download-games/android/by-name/

look at -
NOVA
Modern Combat :-D
GangStar

my itouch just became obsolite :-D

b
06-14-2010, 06:21 PM
isnt swype still in beta? i just hates how it saves data

EvolutionXtacy
06-16-2010, 03:48 AM
This might even convince me to switch over to Sprint...Â* Â*as far as phone OS's checkout the Nokia N900, Maemo is really good... better than Android or Win or iPhone IMO...

i actually have had the Nokia N900 i loved it. but i sold it a while back to get the Sony Ericsson X10 :)

kambodianboi
06-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Sony Ericsson X10 = WIN! Getting one later next month. Love the interface and the fact its still Android.

Smogrunner
06-16-2010, 10:39 AM
To me, wifi tethering is what makes the Evo smart phone so cool. Luckily a rooted droid incredible does wifi tethering for free.

EvolutionXtacy
06-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Sony Ericsson X10 = WIN! Getting one later next month. Love the interface and the fact its still Android.

what color are you going to get? im getting white! it looks really nice. with black u can see fingure prints lol xD cambodians always think alike :3

kambodianboi
06-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Im getting a black one, its just my vibe ;) .

EvolutionXtacy
06-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Im getting a black one, its just my vibe ;) .

you know i almost bought a evo 4g. cause it says evo.. LOL

Andrew9RS
06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Its called to but doesnt say it other than the boot screen

jo3y
07-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Iphone pwnz ur htc evo! See why! Hahahahahahhahaha

http://www.break.com/index/iphone-4-vs-htc-evo.html

FreddysEvolutionIX
07-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Iphone pwnz ur htc evo! See why! Hahahahahahhahaha

http://www.break.com/index/iphone-4-vs-htc-evo.html

That was hilarious

jebus27
07-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Hahaha that video is funny, and the good thing is that i can see that video on my evo but iphone users cant, lol

cky_bam_marg
07-01-2010, 11:32 AM
oh fuck!!! im crying!!

Andrew9RS
07-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Any if you guys end up with an evo brick after the update?

That update made my battery life amazing...

FreddysEvolutionIX
07-01-2010, 03:16 PM
What update?

jebus27
07-01-2010, 04:32 PM
really dam, did you root your fone?

Andrew9RS
07-01-2010, 05:03 PM
There was an over the air update that sprint/htc pushed that left alot of peoples phones bricked. They pulled it and re put it up after they fixed what was causing problems.

I was one of the ones that got lucky and didn't have any issues and now its made my wifi connectivity and battery life much better.

jebus27
07-01-2010, 11:21 PM
nice, the root update just came out to gonna do it shortly

o-townFLA
10-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Heres a few apps some of you might be interested in..

Sinces swype isn't avail try ShapeWriter

Free datalogger Race Ace
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/o-townFLA/snap20101007_114537-1.png

Screen shots with unrooted Evo try shootMe
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/o-townFLA/snap20101006_171451-1.png

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/o-townFLA/snap20101006_162839.png

Andrew9RS
10-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Uninstall Advance Task Killer

It actually causes more Harm then good. O0

FreddysEvolutionIX
10-08-2010, 02:20 PM