PDA

View Full Version : Carbonetic Blade clutch EVO VIII / IX / X special intro price !!!

garageGT
03-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Hello guys,

Carbonetic just released their new single carbon clutch kit for EVO VIII / IX / X.

This is the 1st carbon clutch in the world that works with factory flywheel. We installed one on our EVO IX and have 180 miles on it so far. Break in period is about 200 miles, we will start pushing it and will provide feedback to Carbonetic and EVO community. Pedal is about 15-20% stiffer than OE and has a very smooth engegament.

More feedback from worldwide tests:
- UK Ralliart team (350BHP/400lb fts) did 600 racing miles (1000km) with only one clutch disk and cover. Disc was not worn out even 0,01mm.
- Japanese test car (street driven/400BHP/350lb fts) has already 40,000 miles on this clutch kit with no issues.

http://carbonetic.net/products/images/product_bladeclutch.jpg

List price: $888.90
Special intro price: $660 shipped within US lower states

There are 3 kits in stock currently, more coming by the end of April. This is not a group buy! Orders will be drop shipped upon payment.

please paypal to "[email protected]" to place your order.

Mister
03-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Where is yobless?
I'm sure he can give the most input for this clutch, since he has been testing them for Carbonetic fow awhile now.

garageGT
03-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Where is yobless?
I'm sure he can give the most input for this clutch, since he has been testing them for Carbonetic fow awhile now.

i think he runs e85 on a OE EVO9 turbo.. carbonetic told me about it..

yobless
03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I am here...I will post up my impressions later :)

on the iphone right now

correct evo 9 turbo, no cams, e85...382 hp/393 lbft on RRE's dyno about a year ago. The old version of the clutch started slipping on the dyno that night and the clutch was replaced w/ the version that is for sale now. Will hold 400 hp.

garageGT
03-26-2010, 08:50 AM
How many miles do you have on the new disc so far? also, after the 1st slippage, did you replace your flywheel?

yobless
03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
How many miles do you have on the new disc so far? also, after the 1st slippage, did you replace your flywheel?

Car has around 20,XXX miles on the new set up.Â* RRE re surfaced there no name light weight flywheel that's in my Evo.

So far this latest version, and I assume the one being sold, of the Carbonetic's Blade clutch is the best of all the protypes that I was given.Â* After 3 previous attempts, all which resulted in me killing the clutches in around 10k miles, this one has held up to 20k+ daily driven miles, canyon runs, freeway blasts, going to Doyer stadium, hills, L.A. traffic...you name it and this clutch has taken the daily abuse including being on e85 exclusively.Â* The one thing that I have enjoyed is that the customer service at Carbonetics is top notch and very professional.Â* They've stood behind there clutch throughout the testing and I am grateful that they didn't just leave me hanging when the first clutch went out in a blaze of a glory.

The only thing that I would comment on is that the clutch can get very grabby when it is hot.Â* The previous versions of this clutch would heat up quickly and get grabby/sensitive after some abuse.Â* This clutch is not as good as the ACT 2900 nor RRE no name when it comes to feathering the clutch, but with some clutch adjustments it can be tolerable.Â*

I've had the ACT 2900, RRE no name, and the Carbonetics blade clutch and I would say that my impressions are very favorable to the above named clutches.Â* The pedal feel (stiffness) on the Carbonetics blade clutch is on par w/ the pedal feel of a ACT 3200.Â* The RRE no name and ACT 2900 both felt like the stock pedal...remember this is my opinion.

Driveability:
1. RRE no name
2. Carbonetics
3. ACT 2900

Feathering:
1. RRE no name
2. ACT 2900
3. Carbonetics

Power Delivery (fading):
1. Carbonetics
2. RRE no name
3. ACT 2900

If I was in the market for a clutch I would totally buy this.Â* I could care less about pedal feel and such as long as the power is put to the ground.Â* I've beat on this clutch and it's taken the abuse.Â* My car has over 105k and it's still going strong and the clutch has shown no signs of slipping.Â* Of couse my opinion is biased but I wasn't paid to test the clutch.Â* I volunteered to help out the community...at the end of the day this has the yobless stamp of approval for clutches.

P.S. I'm the wrong person to ask about launching my car b/c I don't...but it has been lauched and the clutch held down the power w/out any issues or slipping :)

o-townFLA
03-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Great no nonsense write up... :)

garageGT
03-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Great no nonsense write up... :)

Car has around 20,XXX miles on the new set up. RRE re surfaced there no name light weight flywheel that's in my Evo.

So far this latest version, and I assume the one being sold, of the Carbonetic's Blade clutch is the best of all the protypes that I was given. After 3 previous attempts, all which resulted in me killing the clutches in around 10k miles, this one has held up to 20k+ daily driven miles, canyon runs, freeway blasts, going to Doyer stadium, hills, L.A. traffic...you name it and this clutch has taken the daily abuse including being on e85 exclusively. The one thing that I have enjoyed is that the customer service at Carbonetics is top notch and very professional. They've stood behind there clutch throughout the testing and I am grateful that they didn't just leave me hanging when the first clutch went out in a blaze of a glory.

The only thing that I would comment on is that the clutch can get very grabby when it is hot. The previous versions of this clutch would heat up quickly and get grabby/sensitive after some abuse. This clutch is not as good as the ACT 2900 nor RRE no name when it comes to feathering the clutch, but with some clutch adjustments it can be tolerable.

I've had the ACT 2900, RRE no name, and the Carbonetics blade clutch and I would say that my impressions are very favorable to the above named clutches. The pedal feel (stiffness) on the Carbonetics blade clutch is on par w/ the pedal feel of a ACT 3200. The RRE no name and ACT 2900 both felt like the stock pedal...remember this is my opinion.

Driveability:
1. RRE no name
2. Carbonetics
3. ACT 2900

Feathering:
1. RRE no name
2. ACT 2900
3. Carbonetics

Power Delivery (fading):
1. Carbonetics
2. RRE no name
3. ACT 2900

If I was in the market for a clutch I would totally buy this. I could care less about pedal feel and such as long as the power is put to the ground. I've beat on this clutch and it's taken the abuse. My car has over 105k and it's still going strong and the clutch has shown no signs of slipping. Of couse my opinion is biased but I wasn't paid to test the clutch. I volunteered to help out the community...at the end of the day this has the yobless stamp of approval for clutches.

P.S. I'm the wrong person to ask about launching my car b/c I don't...but it has been lauched and the clutch held down the power w/out any issues or slipping :)

Great input ! Carbonetic will be happy to hear about this :) I also use their twin plate on my WRX and very happy with it. One other factor is the price of replacement pieces, they are half the price of exedy..you simple cannot rebuild a exedy single, twin or triple carbon kit properly, better off getting a new set. Carbonetic is very affordable in that aspect.

Back to our single carbon, I'm having hard time to put it in R when the car is cold in the morning. Is that something you are experiencing too? or is it just my beat up 6spd :)

yobless
03-26-2010, 06:36 PM
No problems what so ever putting it in any gear...regardless if it's cold or not.

Great clutch IMO

garageGT
03-27-2010, 08:12 AM
thanks.. just warmed it up well and drove it out of the shop.. was smooth into R 8)

garageGT
01-04-2011, 12:43 PM
sale ends January 7th

garageGT
02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Carbonetic USA received the 1st "pro blade" clutch kit and its ready to be tested.

Pro Blade kit includes clutch cover, carbon clutch disc, release bearing and 9.4lbs flywheel. The total assembled weight is 21.4lbs.

This is special test deal, carbonetic requires to receive feedback from user.
MSRP will be around $1300-1400.
Special pricing is $900 including shipping within US.

please PM to order.