PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs?

OmarCerda
04-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi guys I'm a new PB GSR owner i was wondering what lowering springs i should get if i want like a 1.5+ drop :o

and anywhere you guys might know where to get them for cheap?

Thanks again guys. O0

JDMwhore
04-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi guys I'm a new PB GSR owner i was wondering what lowering springs i should get if i want like a 1.5+ drop :o

and anywhere you guys might know where to get them for cheap?

Thanks again guys. O0

Do a quick search, it would help....but tanabe gf210s and i believe theres a guy selling them for super cheap here, happy hunting

KT Motoring
04-01-2010, 01:56 PM
The most popular lowering springs for the Evo X are the Eibach pro-kit. Â*They will lower the car about 1.5 up front and make it look about even with the rear. Â*We have the springs in stock if you are interested.

There are others such as the Tanabe GF210 which you might be able to get for cheap, but the drop in the front is not even with the rear (for some this won't be a problem).

OmarCerda
04-01-2010, 02:02 PM
i've been trying to look for pics on google for X's with springs but there's not that many so i kind of don't have an idea of what they look like, do you guys have any pics of a stock X' with the pro kit? :D

JDMwhore
04-01-2010, 02:04 PM
i've been trying to look for pics on google for X's with springs but there's not that many so i kind of don't have an idea of what they look like, do you guys have any pics of a stock X' with the pro kit? :D

Look under "itsoem" he has a X MR on the eibachs there referring too...its under the show and shine.

OmarCerda
04-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Thank you :D

JDMwhore
04-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Thank you :D

No problem good luck on your search brotha!! and post pictures of your PB

JDMwhore
04-01-2010, 02:45 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=93612.msg7891663;topicseen#msg7891663

heres a guy selling some eibachs brotha!!

KT Motoring
04-01-2010, 02:46 PM
^^yeah, but they are the stock Eibachs off of the MR. He's selling those because he went with the Eibach ProKit. ;)

JDMwhore
04-01-2010, 02:49 PM
^^yeah, but they are the stock Eibachs off of the MR. He's selling those because he went with the Eibach ProKit. ;)

OOOOppppppp didnt see that sorry to get your hopes up brotha!! goood eye

OmarCerda
04-02-2010, 12:46 AM
lol Thanks man :o

but yeah i want the pro kit ;)

Thanks for trying haha =D

blkside
04-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Eibach Pro Kit was my first and an excellent performer with a good enough drop to look good. I ran a couple thousand miles on them with a few canyon excursions and never hit bumpstops so they work...

xhazeyx
04-02-2010, 02:07 AM

He only knows this becuase I got my new eibachs from him... lol.
I had the tanabe's on my 9 and I like the eibachs better. It feels, IMO, pretty close to stock... but it looks so much nicer.

OmarCerda
04-03-2010, 01:04 AM
does anyone have of a stock evo with eibach springs i wanna see how it looks preferably in pb, but any color is fine ;D

Thanks again guys.

blkside
04-03-2010, 02:42 AM
I can post pics of my car in a few hours when I am off..

FUEL
04-03-2010, 03:49 AM
I have a PB Evo X with Muellerized Eibach Springs on it. Not all Eibachs are created equal. I have 2 PB Xs at my disposal..... One with an off the shelf Eibach Pro Kit and the other with Muellerized Eibach Springs. What's the difference u ask? Well Muellerized has had the springs "Spec Made" so they match the rebound of the stock shocks...the car rides almost like stock.... Feels a tad stiffer IMO.... Now the other PB X with "off the shelf" Eibachs.... The car bounces a lot, has a softer ride and bottoms out at times over bumps... Hey if u don't mind that then get off the shelf ones.... Personally I like flying over railroad tracks and bumps without my car scraping. But that's just me. I will try and post pics of both cars. I'm on my Blackberry so bare with me please.

todaysivxx
04-03-2010, 07:47 AM
its so funny when someone asks anything about something simpleas springs its get into muellerized customized setups. lol. the guy just wants springs. buy some and install them. lol
if he asked where to get a good setup done i could understand.

blkside
04-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Here is my car on stock shocks with Pro Kit

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/blackside79/101_1596-2.jpg

OmarCerda
04-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks fuel =)
I'd appreciate it and thanks blkside for that awesome pic i love your ob it's sick haha.

blkside
04-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Bri when it comes to suspension the best thing to do is ask yourself a couple things.
What do I want it for
What do I want to spend
Do I plan on tracking alot or occasionally doing autoX or open track day.

Answer these without outside help... then figure out what you want. If its a lower and a little better ride than get the pro Kit. If you want a bump up look at all your options and find a suspension tuner that fits your needs and prices and go with that. If you wanna be a track whore find a tuner and go coils. I dont have an interst in any suspensiopn tuner. I am between setups so Im waiting to set my car up. Look at all yourt options bro..

OmarCerda
04-05-2010, 10:30 PM
can you guys post your pics of your x's with lowering springs but everything else stock thanks. 8)

FUEL
04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
its so funny when someone asks anything about something simpleas springs its get into muellerized customized setups. lol. the guy just wants springs. buy some and install them. lol
if he asked where to get a good setup done i could understand.

Thanks fuel =)
I'd appreciate it and thanks blkside for that awesome pic i love your ob it's sick haha.

This is my car...stock wheels and tires .... Muellerized Stage +1 which which includes the custom spring rate Eibach's, 27mm Whiteline rear sway bar and a customized alignment... my car rotates nicely and the important thing here is DOES NOT bottom out or rub...even with 4 people in the car...me flying over railroad tracks...driveways etc... People tend to forget these things. A rubbing, saggy spring, Evo that bottoms out like a Honda is no fun to drive and becomes a PITA.

FUEL
04-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Here is a DIFFERENT PB X with the "off the shelf" Eibach Pro Kit...Stock wheels and tires... I have driven this car several times... it bounces, bottoms out and I need to be careful over driveways... The owner drove my car and commented how much better my car handled and drove on the street's and FWY. By all means buy what you want I'm only giving you my opinion since you asked for help here. I'm only trying to point you in the right direction so you're happy with your Evo and not bouncing around like a Honda...but hey If you don't care about sacrificing ride quality then there's many off the shelf springs you can buy.