PDA

View Full Version : how many track day does your alignment last?

nick198867
04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey guys,
i was wondering how many track days does your alignment last?
i just did an alignment and it seems off already after 1 track day....
do you guys know what can i do to keep the alignment longer in track?
thanks

FUEL
04-13-2010, 03:25 AM
Stop jumping the berms

kanyonkid
04-13-2010, 03:32 AM
when i got my first alignment from Mueller i checked it almost 2 years later and it was literally exactly the same as the sheet he gave me. Thats 1 track day, and intense spirited driving thru mountain roads for 50k miles... are u on stock alignment? it could be the tire wear ur experiencing

nick198867
04-13-2010, 10:37 AM
it was from Mueller also...maybe i jumped too many berms...
thanks

blkside
04-13-2010, 11:02 AM
What have you actually been doing. There is no set mileage to how long an alignment will last. Kanyon may last 50k with 1 track event but others may only last 5k with multiple track events. Its the driver and who sets it up.

Hope you get your issue resolved...

FUEL
04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
it was from Mueller also...maybe i jumped too many berms...
thanks

NP. Just take it back to Muellerized. They will get you sorted out. Have them check it for you. It may be worn tires causing it to feel "off"

Massimo Power
04-13-2010, 11:11 AM
On track days you keep making either right turns or left turns... this will wear you tires unevenly...

You might feel the car pull either which way but most likely will just be your tires pulling you from getting torn up at the track.

If you eliminated the tire theory then theres a possibility your rear adjustment screws moved a bit.

Something we normaly do is align the car then mark the alignment. that way we know if they move after a track day. etc..

nick198867
04-13-2010, 11:30 AM
i see! i will see what is going when i put my DD wheel back on!
thanks

sales@muellerized
04-14-2010, 03:43 PM
i see! i will see what is going when i put my DD wheel back on!
thanks

Let us know if you'd like us to take a look at it, Nick.Â* Normally we charge half hour of labor to check the alignment.

As others have mentioned, tire wear could be one culprit, as can banging wheels on the curbs.Â* We have some drivers that have their alignment off every time they come back after a track event because they drive really aggressively over the curbs and we have some drivers that keep their alignment through multiple track events and daily driving.Â* Even passing through a really bad pothole with enough speed is enough sometimes to throw your alignment out of wack.

The longer the Evos are on the road, the more and more we see people with bent wheels and all manner of crazyness going on with regard to the chassis.Â* Be careful out there!

-Orlando

nick198867
04-14-2010, 09:07 PM
alright, thanks Orlando! i will call you guys if i need anything!