PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with HID on EVO X

NRG
04-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I've had aftermarket D2S bulbs since the very beginning and recently I see the driver side lights are dimmer and as each day goes by it got worse and now it is completely not lit. Ok so I automatically thought the bulbs were out so I purchase new ones. I replace both of them and the driver side now lights up but it is either much dimmer than the passenger side or did I install them wrong??

So my questions is does the bulb only go in one way? I see notches on the bulb but I don't know if that is applicable as I have no finger feeling when putting it in that stops at the notches.

Could the ballast be bad and if so do anyone know if warranty covers that?

I am hoping it is just the positioning of the bulb that is wrong....

KT Motoring
04-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Roy, make sure your bulbs are inserted properly. The brown-colored portion of the bulb should be facing the ground (road) instead of facing up. You should also double check your connections...i.e. ground, etc.

NRG
04-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Roy, make sure your bulbs are inserted properly. The brown-colored portion of the bulb should be facing the ground (road) instead of facing up. You should also double check your connections...i.e. ground, etc.

When you say brown color, I am assuming you mean the STRIP that goes outside of the bulb glass? If it is not towards the ground, would that make for the experience I am having?

Thanks for the reply...

NRG
04-18-2010, 05:43 PM
OMG............so I went out to see if I could reposition the bulb and after that I tested it again and I now see a gap in the light output so I knew it blew bulb...So I took the bulb out and low and behold the color strip part was split in half...

So now I guess it is the ballast/igniter whichever....

andrewRA
10-26-2010, 07:34 AM
I had the same problem but I didn't align the bulb right