PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Honda Robert for getting my dead/stuck car back running again!!!

Skiracer
04-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Special thanks to Honda Robert @ RRE for helpiing me out with my car that would refuse to start. O0

My Honduh Accord one day decided it would not start. I had problems getting the alarm in/out of valet mode so i was suspecting the alarm was malfunctioning. When i turn the key, i could hear a single click in the engine bay, but the car wouldn't crank

I spoke with Robert on the phone and we went over a few diagnostic items to check such as battery voltage, corrosion on wires, on/off valet mode on alarm, etc.... No luck. He tells me to put my hand on the starter while someone tries to start it and i felt the clicking on my hand. He said this confirms the alarm is working since the alarm won't send any juice to the starter disable on the alarm were malfunctioning.

So, Robert tells me to get a hammer or a rock. I got my hammer out. He tells me to beat my car's starter like a dead chicken. He said don't be a wuss and give it a few good wacks.

So, after a few minutes of beating my starter with my hammer, my car magically starts again!!!!!!! So, i immediately drove the car to Pep Boys and got a new starter installed.

Thanks Robert!!!!!! :smitten:

jamesinger
04-24-2010, 11:09 PM
haha. Awesome.
If I was picking teams, I would pick Robert Honda first.
I heard he carries around a mouthpiece in his coveralls just in case anyone wants to test him.

JDMwhore
04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Sweet dude! Skiracer 1 Honduh starter 0

Skiracer
04-24-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm amazed that smacking the starter with a hammer pretty damn hard several times does the trick.... :-o

jamesinger
04-25-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm amazed that smacking the starter with a hammer pretty damn hard several times does the trick.... :-o

That is some old school back yard knowledge there. My gramps taught me that one when the same thing happened on my first car.

EvoPwr
04-25-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm amazed that smacking the starter with a hammer pretty damn hard several times does the trick....Â* Â* :-o

LOL

ecko
04-25-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm amazed that smacking the starter with a hammer pretty damn hard several times does the trick....Â* Â* :-o

That is some old school back yard knowledge there.Â* My gramps taught me that one when the same thing happened on my first car.

Werd. Quite an OG method.Â* Last time I was wacking a starter some dude was trying to get his old 3 serie BMW to start.Â* It wasn't working so I hoped inside the car to take a turn cranking the key and lo and behold, the genius didn't have the auto tranny in park.

fun stuff

GokuSSJ4
04-25-2010, 07:44 PM
good shit Simon...
LOL Honda El mas chingon.... Q quieres huey!!!??? Q te parta el Queso? TOMA!!!!

Skiracer
04-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Honda told me to hit the starter like this:

http://www.streetfire.net/video/rre-showing-how-to-roll-the-fenders-on-an-mitsubis_122898.htm

At the end, you can see Honda supervising the hammering to make sure it was done properly :2funny:

GokuSSJ4
04-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Honda told me to hit the starter like this:

http://www.streetfire.net/video/rre-showing-how-to-roll-the-fenders-on-an-mitsubis_122898.htm

At the end, you can see Honda supervising the hammering to make sure it was done properly :2funny:
old school video.. u can fking see tony, Ty and Honda WOW really old school .. some folks dont even remember tony and eddie ...