PDA

View Full Version : help! whistling noise from evo x

bbevo8
04-28-2010, 07:51 PM
after i took off stock intake and replaced with aem intake my car has been making a whistling sound , have seen this posted on a coupple boards but there is no answer, have you come across this and if so how to fix?

STIH8TER
04-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Stop re-posting this dude.

Mike W
04-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I guess I could repost my answer from the other post...

Mike W

jamesinger
04-30-2010, 09:44 PM
I think if you post this 8 more times, the noise has to go away. I read that on another forum in another thread some other time.

bbevo8
05-01-2010, 12:14 PM
just posting to get different answers so far i got the vacumm hose may be to short . jusy trying to fix problem sorry if i annoyed anyone.

Mike W
05-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Did you recheck your full install going over the instructions? (suggested by me in one of the other threads). where do you live and work?

Mike W

bbevo8
05-05-2010, 09:21 AM
live in redondo beach will be coming by for cams and tune , will have it checked then. thanks.

jamesinger
05-06-2010, 01:37 PM
just posting to get different answers so far i got the vacumm hose may be to short . jusy trying to fix problem sorry if i annoyed anyone.

I have to tease you if you post that much, I am contractually obligated.

It sounds like you are going to go in to RRE but I would also consider going through the install and looking it over where everything seals up anyways.Â* The reason I say this is because I had a problem with a throttle body (different part/different car) where the seal was not exact because of a bad gasket and it made a wincing noise at WOT from the very tiny leak.
So, if it is relational to you accelerating, it would seem to be the case that there is a seal or some hose that is letting air in or out similar to when you pinch off a balloon to make noise.