PDA

View Full Version : Flappy paddle shifts

strat10
05-05-2010, 10:26 AM
So, Ive had my MR touring for about a month now, and having a hard time getting used to the paddles. I do love the trans, and shifting on the floor is cool, but I have a hard time remembering that pulling on the left side paddle downshifts. It just seems counter intuitive for me. It seems like pulling should shift up, and pushing will shift down.

So, Im watching the WRC, and I notice that those rally cars have excatly what I think would be the perfect setup. A paddle just on one side, you pull to upshift, and push the same paddle to down shift.

Maybe its the motorcycle rider in me?

I think that would be a very cool mod for these MR's, dont you think? A big carbon fiber paddel on the right side.

Here is a picture I captured about what I am talking about.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_j9_bS1NavEU/S-Goc_wB8JI/AAAAAAAADds/oIgOE27_TFA/rally1.png.jpg

Dead_Pirate
05-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Who gets the X MR anyways? Lol

strat10
05-05-2010, 11:27 AM
^^^^^Dont knock it if you havnt tried it! :)

ebevo
05-05-2010, 01:40 PM
strange most people prefer one paddle either handle the upshifts or the downshifts

I constant read owners complaining about the BMW paddle shifters either side can do both tasks. Even Top Gear mocked that design logic.

Charlie@MFQ
05-05-2010, 03:30 PM
what so hard about left shift down and right shift up ?Â* By the way the picture you posted it's not a pedal, it's a sequential.Â* You have that option in your MR too.Â* O0

the one that can afford it.Â* ;)

Skiracer
05-05-2010, 03:58 PM
the trannies that the WRC cars use will cost the same as buying 2 brand new Evo MR's :D

strat10
05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Not sure why I cant get used to it? Like I said, maybe its the motorcycle rider in me. it just seems logical to go one way for up shifts and the other for down.

Maybe It just takes getting used to.

Oh well, ill just continue to use the xbox style on the floor, pull back for up, and push for down.

By the way the picture you posted it's not a pedal, it's a sequential.Â* You have that option in your MR too

Not sure what you mean by that?

3toavee
05-05-2010, 11:18 PM
what so hard about left shift down and right shift up ?Â* By the way the picture you posted it's not a pedal, it's a sequential.Â* You have that option in your MR too.Â* O0

the one that can afford it.Â* ;)

What he said!!!

illestjcollector23
05-05-2010, 11:24 PM
i use my paddle shifter like 80% of the time. lol