PDA

View Full Version : evo x amp/sub upgrade

supergreen125
05-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Hello all-
First post for me here...
I have an evo x with tech package and I'm looking to upgrade the amp and possibly the sub.
Has anyone here done this to their car... or can you recommend a reputable shop in the Orange County area to perform the work?
Thanks!

supergreen125
08-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Anyone?

Trev
10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Don't go to Al and Ed's they are horrible. They do carry nice products but the service and the installers are not good at all. Where abouts do you live?

supergreen125
10-19-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm in Costa Mesa. I'm with you there... I'd really like to take it to someone that has performed the upgrade on an EVO X before.

Trev
10-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Check out Gold Star Audio in Irvine. It's over by the District, I know they do really high end cars such as Bentley, Lambo's, Massaratti etc

estribo714
10-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Go to best buy, they warranty their work.

IH8VTEC
12-07-2010, 10:56 PM
worst advice so far :(

I don't think you are going to get whole lot of help on the Evo forum about your sound system. Maybe check out car audio.com or similar.

BudLightMike
12-07-2010, 11:10 PM
my buddy kautiongsr has a set for sale that he put in his car!

kautiongsr
12-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Hello all-
First post for me here...
I have an evo x with tech package and I'm looking to upgrade the amp and possibly the sub.
Has anyone here done this to their car... or can you recommend a reputable shop in the Orange County area to perform the work?
Thanks!

hey bro check out my set up...
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=100478.0
let me know thanks....

thanks bl mike.. :)

BudLightMike
12-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Anytime sweetheart

biggiesacks
12-15-2010, 10:00 PM
worst advice so far :(

I don't think you are going to get whole lot of help on the Evo forum about your sound system. Maybe check out car audio.com or similar.

Worst advise huh? I worked at Bestbuy as a mobile installer, for 2 years, so let me just dispel this miss information.

All bestbuy installers are MECP certified, have had a background check, and are drug tested. Bestbuy has excelent insurance and will take care of any incident should one occur. They warranty the install for life, and being bestbuy they will actually be around long enough to honor that warranty. Bestbuy will not alter your car in such a way that it cannot be returned to stock. If you should want or need to have the stock stereo re-installed into the car Bestbuy will do it free of charge at any location. Should you need warranty work performed on your stereo bestbuy will reinstall the stock stereo for you while your part is being serviced. Good shops are all about their employees and you wouldn't believe the shady stuff that goes on in the stereo industry. Bestbuy is probably the most universally reliable place you could have a stereo installed.