PDA

View Full Version : Various questions

dugansggevox
05-20-2010, 11:00 PM
1. Would taking off the stock box and making my own intake do any harm to my evo?
2. If not will it get any gains with the less restrictive airflow?
3. How long until the cat goes bad should I take it off and save it for smog?
4. Has anyone put dynomats in their car and how hard is it?

garrettquon
05-20-2010, 11:05 PM
dynamat is not that hard to install at all. if you get dynamat extreme is just a matter of laying it down, and making sure all of the air pockets are out of it by rolling it. i think they actually sell a tool to do that with but its really not needed. just make sure when you are cutting the sections out to not get any of the adhesive on your interior, its a bitch to get out.

dugansggevox
05-20-2010, 11:18 PM
dynamat is not that hard to install at all. if you get dynamat extreme is just a matter of laying it down, and making sure all of the air pockets are out of it by rolling it. i think they actually sell a tool to do that with but its really not needed. just make sure when you are cutting the sections out to not get any of the adhesive on your interior, its a bitch to get out.

Thanks my car is still stock but it is my DD and I hear everything but my radio lol.

garrettquon
05-20-2010, 11:24 PM
yeah, how crazy are you planning to go with the stuff?
trunk, doors, floor?

dugansggevox
05-23-2010, 07:52 PM
I was thinking of gutting the car seats and all and doing the whole 9.

garrettquon
05-26-2010, 10:14 AM
damn, yeah thats going to be a lot of work...
plus the car will weigh significantly more... but it is definitely worth the time...
good luck!

dugansggevox
05-26-2010, 11:15 PM
damn, yeah thats going to be a lot of work...
plus the car will weigh significantly more... but it is definitely worth the time...
good luck!

Thanks I am not all that worried about the extra weight I don't race. I really just love the car and enjoy owning it I don't think I would ever track it.