PDA

View Full Version : how do i get rid of my coilover noise?!?!

dqui.tran04
05-21-2010, 09:09 PM
i recently bought some ksport coilovers and for some reason they keep making a squeeking/knocking sound, if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of it, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

FUEL
05-21-2010, 09:21 PM
That is hard to diagnose without looking @ them. It could be any number of things.

Contact www.muellerized.com to sort out your suspension problems.

big boss
05-21-2010, 09:35 PM
YUP +1 to the statement made by FUEL O0

bluaeon
05-22-2010, 08:26 AM
i recently bought some ksport coilovers and for some reason they keep making a squeeking/knocking sound, if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of it, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

i know how... ive dealt with squeaky ksports before... what i did was put them up for sale. :) for reals... sorry to say but ksport has tendency to squeak... it could be the pillowball or the spring perches or the springs... got tired of those damn squeaks and sold them... went back to stock and much happier... if your gonna go for suspension mods... do it the right way and do it just once... you'll spend less money in the end... oh this was not on my X but it was on my tC. :D

dqui.tran04
05-22-2010, 04:44 PM
ok will do thanks guys for the help, what about greasing up the joints? would that help?

EvoBaja
10-12-2010, 10:40 AM
if u go that route make sure u use something that wont corrode rubber or plastic elements on and around them