PDA

View Full Version : EVO X 30GB Hard Drive Question

bad9yearold
06-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

Recently, my computer crashed and all my music got deleted - now the only "copies" I have of all my music are located on the 30gb hard drive in my car, so I'm wondering if there is any way to copy the music to a hard drive external from the one in the car. Would appreciate any help possible. Thanks!!!

-Jessica

S2myEVO
06-05-2010, 11:27 PM
damn that succsk!!! i dotn know what to tell you except that im tipsy as hell, hhahaah

i hope you get it taken care of jessica im sure there is something you can do. hey if there is a program that can download all the music from an ipod you can do this!!maybe not. if not start writing down all the music you had and start torrenting!!!

good luck friend!

-yoshi

bad9yearold
06-11-2010, 01:54 AM
Thanks Yoshi!

... anyone?....

demetry14
06-14-2010, 01:03 AM
I believe the hard drive file system is fat16 like windows 95, so if you were to remove the drive from the car you could plug it into your computer with an external hard drive adapter and retrieve the files off of it. But without having this myself i could not tell you for sure.Â* I could assist, I do IT Support.

kambodianboi
06-14-2010, 01:27 AM
It could be one of many file system. If the harddrive is accessible and is pluggable (SATA, IDE) to a computer, still a good chance to grab stuff off it through linux, since it supports multiple file system mounting.

As a side note, how bad is your computer? Im pretty sure its fixable, unless the harddrive itself is not working.

And if you used an iPod to transfer the music to the EVO X harddrive, you can just grab the music off the iPod itself, there are a bunch of software that does that.

imprezivevo
06-26-2010, 10:13 AM
you don't have any of the cds that you used to copy them onto your harddrive?

bad9yearold
06-26-2010, 10:36 AM
^^^Nope. A lot of the CDs that I burned were pretty old and scratched already... luckily, I bought the car and burned them to my drive before I threw the CDs out. For all my newer music, pretty much what I did was burn CDs from my computer, then burn the CDs to my car, then throw them out or give them to my friends, etc... I didn't really see any need to keep them since I didn't think my computer would take a giant shit.

Thanks for the help guys - I don't have an ipod, otherwise I would've used that to restore my music. The harddrive is fked, everything is gone. I guess I'll get myself a laptop and see what I can do.

-Jessica

imprezivevo
06-26-2010, 11:44 AM
well maybe this will help a bit,

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-how-tos-installations/346944-unlocking-mitsubishi-mmcs.html