PDA

View Full Version : Tranny + T-case Oil question

pink godzila
06-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Ok... I just changed the T-case and Tranny with oil to Mobil 1 75-90w... after that my 5th gear in high rpm (pass 4000) start grinding.

I just did some research and most people recommand to use BG Synchro cause "The EVO uses non-synthetic transmission fluid from the factory."

If I flush out the tranny and change the oil to BG do I keep the T-case with mboil 1 or t-case have to be flush out and change with BG as well?

KT Motoring
06-08-2010, 07:28 PM
What ever you do, do NOT put BG Synchroshift in your transfer case....it will kill your transfer case. But BG is great for the transmission.

pink godzila
06-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Just changed my oil to Redline shockproof and MT90.... now everything shift smooth! problem solve.

next time, Im going to try to BG for tranny and Daiqueen for Tcase and rear.

UgmWRX
07-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Curious as to what blend you used for the tranny to clear up the 5th gear grind problem.

Thanks

HMatt
07-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Just changed my oil to Redline shockproof and MT90.... now everything shift smooth! problem solve.

next time, Im going to try to BG for tranny and Daiqueen for Tcase and rear.

Please tell me you didn't put shockproof in your tranny... That is NOT a very good idea at all!

jamesinger
07-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Have you tried searching this?
I am not saying this to be a dick but I have seen some threads on this topic.

I also know that Doc. Gray and RRE have some weird hillbilly concoctions and mixes that are supposed to make shifts feel like butter.

here is a good starting place:
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=26793.0