PDA

View Full Version : stripped bleeder valve from caliper

maximus16
06-10-2010, 04:17 PM
i stripped one of the bleeder valves on one of the rear calipers. i rethreaded and put a bolt instead and bleed the caliper from the other bleeder valve . now when i step on the brake pedal its real lose and brakes take a while to catch. any ideas what is causing this feels like their still air but i bleed the brakes already. Help please really dont want to take the car to the dealership i know they wont cover replacing the caliper since i f***d it up

Massimo Power
06-10-2010, 04:32 PM
You cant bleed it properly with just a screw... so theres either still air in the lines or that screw you put in is leaking..

You can go to Autozone and find bleeders of a different size maybe and thread it accordingly... If that doesnt work you will have to buy some new calipers...

Monstergarage
06-10-2010, 06:00 PM
you will need to take the caliper and use helical insert. No need to replace the caliper.

maximus16
06-13-2010, 12:30 PM
yeah thanks for the advice i went to kragen and got a helical insert and a new bleeder screw. workout fine i bleed the brakes again. Brake pedal still does not feel like it used to probably will bleed the calipers again.any advice also my brakes squeal alot when i am coming to a stop .