PDA

View Full Version : i need a temp/full time job

diego88
06-21-2010, 03:45 PM
i didnt think id have to post here again but it happened. my insurance license got revoked and its gonna be awhile before i get it back. can anyone help me out with work while i get my license back?

FreddysEvolutionIX
06-21-2010, 03:47 PM
What type of work you willing to do?

diego88
06-21-2010, 04:09 PM
i can do sales, customer service, shipping and recieving, forklift

b
06-21-2010, 04:47 PM
hire to kill? jk..try dealerships

diego88
06-21-2010, 06:48 PM
im gonna try dealerships out, ive worked in car sales but it isnt really my thing. right now ill try anything

FreddysEvolutionIX
06-21-2010, 06:57 PM
you and me both. were both now unemployed...

diego88
06-21-2010, 07:12 PM
u too? im on temporary leave but im sure its gonna be at least a month or 2 before i can get my license back. imma be job hunting tomorrow...have u tried the metro pcs on bear valley?

o-townFLA
06-21-2010, 07:14 PM
What happend to you Freddy...?

FreddysEvolutionIX
06-21-2010, 08:15 PM

My fuckin manager.

jo3y
06-21-2010, 09:48 PM
You can try at my job in arcadia customer service or warehouse supervisor. Pm if you want info...

if not, good luck man. Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope everything works out for you.

diego88
06-21-2010, 10:14 PM

My fuckin manager.

that sucks. i just got employee of the month too and not even five minutes after, my manager gets notified my license has been revoked

diego88
06-21-2010, 10:17 PM
You can try at my job in arcadia customer service or warehouse supervisor. Pm if you want info...

if not, good luck man. Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope everything works out for you.

thats a long drive but im willing to give it a try

one4
06-21-2010, 11:02 PM
try a staffing/employment agency in your area... they should be able to set you up with a job in any of those categories

diego88
06-21-2010, 11:19 PM
try a staffing/employment agency in your area... they should be able to set you up with a job in any of those categories

ive gone through most of them in the high desert but still no luck

diego88
06-23-2010, 02:03 PM
still no luck...anyone know of any place thats hiring in san berdo

EvolutionXtacy
06-23-2010, 04:45 PM
that makes 3 of us unemployed. lol my sales license went bye bye. good luck on the hunt

diego88
06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
that makes 3 of us unemployed. lol my sales license went bye bye. good luck on the hunt

ive tried everywhere but my dam background is what kills it for me. im going to have to go for unemployemnt

STIH8TER
06-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Exxon Mobile is hiring. Apply for their test on line. Its for process tech. You might need a Certification on Process Technology in order to do operations work. I think its in Torrance CA.

diego88
06-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Exxon Mobile is hiring. Apply for their test on line. Its for process tech. You might need a Certification on Process Technology in order to do operations work. I think its in Torrance CA.

its worth a try. do they provide any training if ur not certified?

phoreal
06-24-2010, 03:57 PM
do you have powdercoating experience?

STIH8TER
06-24-2010, 04:02 PM

its open to the public. And of course if you do get hired they will train you right. They will not let you blow up the refinery. I have my Certification already through school, Im interning at Conoco Phillips 76. But I would like my options open so I will sign up for the testing for Exxon. The test will consist basic math up to Algebra 2. Definition and word problems, Mechanical Aptitude test, Personality test and I think tool test. I told you this because you have a AS X like me lol.

diego88
06-24-2010, 04:09 PM

cool, i can do that. do u have the link to apply for exxon mobile? i went online but no open positions come up on the search

its open to the public. And of course if you do get hired they will train you right. They will not let you blow up the refinery. I have my Certification already through school, Im interning at Conoco Phillips 76. But I would like my options open so I will sign up for the testing for Exxon. The test will consist basic math up to Algebra 2. Definition and word problems, Mechanical Aptitude test, Personality test and I think tool test. I told you this because you have a AS X like me lol.

diego88
06-24-2010, 04:12 PM
do you have powdercoating experience?

no, the only experience i have is in sales (cars and car insurance), shipping and recieving, delivery driver, forklift operator

diego88
06-24-2010, 04:14 PM

sorry i messed up lol. do u have the link for exxon mobile careers? i cant find it on their site

STIH8TER
06-24-2010, 04:33 PM
https://www.exxonmobil-employment.com/

Yes they offer training.... but I think if you have no experience or certification you will probably go to the coker. The dirtiest in the refinery. But who can complain. They offer you 30 bucks an Hr. after 6 months of probabtion period which is 25 bucks an hour. And there are lots of overtime.

diego88
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
cool i just booked a test for july 9th. and what exactly is the coker? for 25 an hour i wouldnt mind how dirty it is lol

STIH8TER
06-25-2010, 08:10 PM
You ever seen tar??? Coker converts Residual oil into hydrocarbon gases, naphtha, light and heavy gas oils, and petroleum coke. you will be handling that. you will be dealing with Sulphur and metals. These metals are used in the steel industry. Its kinda cool cuz you get to stay in this bullet proof room where you can control the high pressured water nozzle that can cut through living flesh. Sucks if you are outside and that thing goes ape shit and cuts you in half. But its for the money right? After that shit is done then the operators will shovel that shit out of the drums. And those are big ol drums.