PDA

View Full Version : stock clutch..

baseballplayer422
07-22-2010, 07:55 PM
will the stock clucth slip if launched???

AlphaKennyBody
07-22-2010, 08:07 PM
No it Blows up and You won't be able to drive anymore. Mitsubishi gets an email from your ECU stating all the things you've done like Over Rev shifting too high and Stalling! You also can blow the muffler bearing which will also need to be replace. And if you launch in 7th gear you will get a 1.0 60ft time!!!!!

Check the forums and other forums cause there are numberous threads about launching... Dont think about doing it if you can't afford a clutch.. Yes it will evenuatlly slip if doing it "right" and it will definately slip/glaze/burn/toast the clutch if you dont have NO CLUE what your doing.....And NO it's not like launching a Honda either

baseballplayer422
07-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Firsr of all ive never owned a honda lol....and yeah planning to get a stage 3 cluth in a bit. My friends want to go to the drag strip. I guesse ill take of slowly and end up praying i run in faster than 15 sec so people wont laugh at me :'(

j.liu
07-23-2010, 09:22 PM
No it Blows up and You won't be able to drive anymore. Mitsubishi gets an email from your ECU stating all the things you've done like Over Rev shifting too high and Stalling! You also can blow the muffler bearing which will also need to be replace. And if you launch in 7th gear you will get a 1.0 60ft time!!!!!

Check the forums and other forums cause there are numberous threads about launching... Dont think about doing it if you can't afford a clutch.. Yes it will evenuatlly slip if doing it "right" and it will definately slip/glaze/burn/toast the clutch if you dont have NO CLUE what your doing.....And NO it's not like launching a Honda either

geez, someones mad again ! <3

AlphaKennyBody
07-23-2010, 09:25 PM
No Not really it's just funny to me that's all it's not like he said... Do I launch the car on SNOW mode and dump the clutch.... He asked a semi legit question even tho it was answered since Evo's were ever availiable lol