PDA

View Full Version : SRS light...properly turning it off?

osolokes213
07-31-2010, 09:17 PM
...so i'm the type of guy that wants things to work properly...im considering going with an aftermarket steering wheel, but i'm concerned with the problem of setting off the SRS light once i've installed the steering wheel...is there a way to PROPERLY AND SAFELY turn off the SRS light without having the airbag, obviously...

osolokes213
08-01-2010, 11:20 AM
bump

osolokes213
08-02-2010, 08:22 PM
anyone know?

hinkle0856
08-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I unfortunately have my srs light on with the oem wheel. Does this mean iv got a bad connection somewhere?

reggieting
08-21-2010, 07:26 PM
With out the air bag connected the module wont read it and will throw the SRS light on. If you want to go aftermarket steering wheel and not have the SRS light on... your best bet is to take the bulb out. it will set faults still but the SRS light wont go "on".

and

It could mean alot of things such as Bad connections , too high/low resistance , bad ignitors, module , etc. Wont know til you get it scanned...

Residue
08-21-2010, 07:37 PM
that is a negative on removing the bulb. They sell an aftermarket sensor plug that you can plug onto the sensor for the steering wheel that will prevent the light. Look on evom for how to's on installing a steering wheel and im sure you will find the part you need.

Silver8MR
09-19-2010, 08:49 PM
that is a negative on removing the bulb. They sell an aftermarket sensor plug that you can plug onto the sensor for the steering wheel that will prevent the light. Look on evom for how to's on installing a steering wheel and im sure you will find the part you need.

+1 if taking the bulb out is a route you wanna take ill be more than happy to take it from you i need one lol