PDA

View Full Version : Need New clutch.....

DynamicEVO8
08-01-2010, 03:47 AM
So i deffinatly fried my stock clutch. Not sure on what clutch to get cause there is soo many options. Twin disck this chromoly fly wheel this bla bla bla. Not sure what it all means!

AlphaKennyBody
08-01-2010, 03:59 AM
dude.. based on your sig... all you need is a ACT Street Disk... that's all haha Twin Disk Clutches aren't even needed unless heavy modded or heavy launches+Big Power...

DynamicEVO8
08-01-2010, 04:16 AM
dude.. based on your sig... all you need is a ACT Street Disk... that's all haha Twin Disk Clutches aren't even needed unless heavy modded or heavy launches+Big Power...
Thx man, I just dont want to get a new clutch, then bigger turbo, then need another new clutch cause i didnt have the power then. Im looking for the 400awhp mark

kambodianboi
08-01-2010, 04:21 AM
It will hold up to 450hp, so your good...

DynamicEVO8
08-01-2010, 07:11 AM
It will hold up to 450hp, so your good...
Im guessing the HDSS is the one u guys mean. Thx im looking into it

one4
08-01-2010, 10:46 AM
+1 go with the hdss!

evolution8mirage
08-01-2010, 10:51 AM
i have the xtss lol

jamesinger
08-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I know it is kind of cliche at this point but I would call RRE and tell them your plans for the car + that you need a new clutch. Their brains are like calculators there. You input your mod information and they output the best possible answer for your set up. They installed my clutch about 30k ago and the thing is still happy in my car. Ask about the old school gold toof balla set up. That is what I have with the SS lines and 3200lbs pp. With a JDM IX MR Turbo and 3" TBE +Cams, injectors, fuel pump and some other odds and ends, this clutch can take anything I throw at it even up on Mt. Washington when some grandma can't figure out I have the right of way and blocks me coming up a 90 percent grade. It is good for fast times too.

EvoVIIIGSR
08-01-2010, 01:20 PM
^+1

I got the Gold toof krazyie bones ball'r deluxe package from RRE and it holds great. For the power you're putting out and for a good bit more after that, this clutch works fine. hit 'em up.

Mike W
08-01-2010, 03:11 PM
The Foo-Foo Designer http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/parts/act/59/purplebarneyclutch.jpg clutches do not last any longer than a plain old ACT. I recommend the HDSS for normal people even with up to 400 ft lbs of torque in daily drivers. If you like to launch and generally drive like a teenager, then you need the XTSS (3200 lb pressure plate and sprung hub street disc) at the expense of a stiffer pedal. If you regularly drive and play with over 400 ft lbs of torque, then go with a solid hub street disc. Trailered cars would get a puck type solid hub disc.

Package prices here:
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?board=56.0
Stickied at the top.

Mike W

flyingscot
08-01-2010, 09:38 PM
^dont you just love this guy hehe,tells you exactly what you need and why