PDA

View Full Version : Leak Help

ab1stevo
08-09-2010, 02:06 PM
I just purchased my WW GSR X about a month ago. However I have a question regarding other owners, I noticed that my parking spot in my drive way there are oil leaks and non of my cars leak oil. I suspect that my X is leaking oil. Is this normal thing for the X and has anyone come across this. Is this a major thing that I should let the dealership know? Anyone can chime in. Thankss

Azian
08-09-2010, 02:07 PM
who does your oil changes? have you gotten the chance to change the oil yet or no? I would definitely have the dealer check it out if they were the last ones to do an oil change/inspection of the car

Skiracer
08-09-2010, 02:09 PM
stick a cardboard box underneath your evo when you park it so you can tell what/if its leaking.

ab1stevo
08-09-2010, 02:13 PM
my car only has 2900 miles, no oil change yet will do wen i hit 3500 miles. Free oil change from South coast

ab1stevo
08-09-2010, 02:14 PM
stick a cardboard box underneath your evo when you park it so you can tell what/if its leaking.

good idea will try that tonight

Grippy Tire
08-09-2010, 02:25 PM
My car has an oil leak too... I got it taken care of at the dealership a little longer than a year ago. I'm pretty sure there was a TSB I forgot. I do know the dealership took care of it but the leak is back! =/ I haven't had time to take it back.

I wonder if your car is leaking from the same place as mine. I took off my plastic under tray like 2 weeks ago and there was oil smudge all over it.

ab1stevo
08-09-2010, 02:27 PM
My car has an oil leak too... I got it taken care of at the dealership a little longer than a year ago. I'm pretty sure there was a TSB I forgot. I do know the dealership took care of it but the leak is back! =/ I haven't had time to take it back.

I wonder if your car is leaking from the same place as mine. I took off my plastic under tray like 2 weeks ago and there was oil smudge all over it.

Thanks Geo, I will schedule an appnt with SCM. I checked my oil level it was coo. I wonder why its leakin? hmmmm

Grippy Tire
08-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I think its the timing chain cover gasket.. Theres threads all over on other forums.. But you have a 2010 so maybe its something else mine is a 08 i'm pretty sure the gasket problem would have been fixed? =o

ab1stevo
08-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Yea man Im thinking if I should take my car to Khiem tomorrow cuz I wont have time to go this week to SCM. Also Im taking the X to Vegas Baby. Looking forward to it. LOL

BoostFrenzy
02-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Since this thread was never updated with the result, I believe it is still something that is happening on the 2010 models. I just got my GSR less then 2000 miles ago and it's got a slow leak coming from the right side of my car (around where the acc/timing belts and chains are). This thing is really turning out to be put together quite badly.....