PDA

View Full Version : Clutch stuck to the floor

RedBeauty
08-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Hey guys, so I'm driving up Bake last night , stop at a light , then I put it into first , go to put it into second and the clutch sticks to the floor and wont come back up. I cant put it into any gear, so I pulled into a side street. I'm able to pull the clutch back up from the floor, but the moment you go to push it in , it goes straight back down to the floor and wont come up. Called roadside assistance, they couldn't tow it to SouthCoast Mitsu (cause it has to go to a dealership when you use your roadside assistance) cause they don't have night drop off, so they dropped it off at my house instead. I have an aftermarket ACT stage 1 clutch that just got installed in March. Any ideas anyone of what could possibly be wrong?!!?

I have to call roadside assistance again this morning so they can take it to SouthCoast, but the anxiety of not having an idea of whats wrong is killing me...

Any ideas anyone of what could possibly be wrong?!!?

KT Motoring
08-19-2010, 07:26 AM
Either your clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder went out. Its quite a common problem for Evo Xs with aftermarket clutches.

GenerAznX
08-19-2010, 10:35 AM
not sure about the 10, but on the 8/9 the clutch shares a reservoir with the brake fluid. Top off your brake fluid all the way to the brim and try your clutch again.

Massimo Power
08-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Either your clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder went out. Its quite a common problem for Evo Xs with aftermarket clutches.

+1

and yes just like stated before your clutch resivior could be low and cause air to get into the system and you would experiance the symptoms which you are describing..

RedBeauty
08-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks guys for input, I really appreciate it!

chinoxmk22
09-06-2010, 11:32 PM
I remember the first time this happened to me, scared me lol. It wad the cmc

HB Speed
09-08-2010, 06:00 PM
yep! sounds like another case of master cylinder.. They make the stupid piece in plastic which just splits in half. :idiot2: