PDA

View Full Version : clutch slipping at 6k miles

McChuck
08-23-2010, 04:34 PM
>:( I just bought a 2010 Evo X Gsr not even a month and a half ago. I started having problems with it the day I drove it off the lot. My RPM's stick at 4500 and when i pushed the clutch in the RPM's would drop. I took it out the other night I launched it 1 time thats it just 1 time and my clutch started slipping. I know how to launch cars I have been doing it the majority of my life, so I know its not the driver. I took it to the dealership today and they told me that its not covered under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem with a clutch slipping at such low mileage? I had a 04 evo 8 before this and I beat the crap out of it in the 7 years I owned it and only had to replace the clutch 2 times. Like I said I have had problems with it since the day I drove it off the lot. As far as being a lemon car do you think this would fall under the lemon law? I bought it brand new off the lot. It only had 735 miles on it from people test driving it. Any advice would be appreciated since this is my only car. :'(

muddyIX
08-23-2010, 04:41 PM
735 miles sounds used to me haha

but good luck on that

KT Motoring
08-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah, technically if the car has not been titled, then it is still considered new. But I am sure that is of little consolation. 735 miles is a lot of unknown miles for a new car though. Its that "unknown" part that probably caused premature wear on the clutch. If the problem existed from the day you drove it off the lot, you should have test driven the car prior to taking delivery.

Charlie@MFQ
08-29-2010, 06:50 PM
fomo what you are saying doesn't sound clutch slippage to me.Â* Have you done real test ?

McChuck
08-30-2010, 04:53 PM
fomo what you are saying doesn't sound clutch slippage to me.Â* Have you done real test ?

I took it to the dealership and they told me that my clutch and my flywheel is burnt and that its going to be 2200 for parts and labor. I talked to Reese Tuning and they have a flywheel for 225 I think it was and Massimo Power has a clutch kit for 350. I am just going to fix it and then take Mitsubishi to court because I have had like I said nothing but problems with it since the day I bought it.

plan:b
10-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Me too man...don't feel bad. I launched the shit out of mine though. Replaced it with a stock disc, bought some go fast bits, got tuned, putting down 346/371, been to the track twice, and still going strong. I've got 30,000 miles on that clutch now, no problems. Probably because I never launched it again :angel:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr309/planbms/IMG_3959.jpg
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr309/planbms/IMG_3960.jpg

blkside
10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
This:

I took it out the other night I launched it 1 time thats it just 1 time and my clutch started slipping.

self inflicted so why would it be warrantied...

EVOL EDO
10-14-2010, 06:04 PM
700 unknown miles could cover a lot of launching and clutch slipping and abuse by bad drivers. if you were having trouble from day 1 you should have said something and brought it in then to make sure it was documented. Since it is a wear and tear part and stated it is not covered under warranty you probably wont win even if u try and take them to court because there is no proof you did not do all the damage yourself. The only way I see it being covered under warranty is if it is proven that the clutch was not adjusted correctly from the factory and that caused it to prematurely burn out.

FreddysEvolutionIX
10-14-2010, 06:07 PM
This:

I took it out the other night I launched it 1 time thats it just 1 time and my clutch started slipping.

self inflicted so why would it be warrantied...

+1
Any time you launch it you wear it out. It shouldnt be covered under warranty. Don't launch your car. Simple as that

blkside
10-14-2010, 06:47 PM
EVOLEDO - I highlighted that section cause there are some flaws in his statements.
1- All he says is Ive had problems with the car since day 1 (not spec clutch)
2- then he says "started slipping"

If it was slipping from the get go then why try to launch it. What he did was eviscerate the clutch material cause he didnt drive it enough normally to let it burn itself together....

Faulty and inaccurate claims for factory warranty is why people have such a hard time getting their actual issues resolved...

dsmw
10-16-2010, 11:39 AM
I'd hate to think that before you bought the car, that the people before who drove the car (either would be customers or the people who transport) abused the heck out of it

either that or you did get a lemon :(

kandyredcoi
10-16-2010, 12:16 PM
buying a 735miles test drive car...FAIL

all it takes is one launch to fry the drivetrain one way or another

I like to Smash
10-20-2010, 11:23 AM
30k on my stock clutch and still a champ. Driver error

AaronI1
10-20-2010, 11:38 AM
I agree that its driver error. I have 48k on my odometer and running roughly around 325whp for 46k miles and my clutch is strong as it was when it was brand new. You + launch = fail

DTunedEvoX
10-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Does your RPM still stick? Just wondering :)

I like to Smash
10-20-2010, 03:14 PM
I agree that its driver error. I have 48k on my odometer and running roughly around 325whp for 46k miles and my clutch is strong as it was when it was brand new. You + launch = fail

do you feel as if the restrictor pill would be a good idea? i also hear it helps alot with shift notchiness

chinoxmk22
10-20-2010, 09:29 PM
I was wondering what had happened to this, so did you lemon it? paid to get it fixed??

EVOL EDO
10-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I was wondering what had happened to this, so did you lemon it? paid to get it fixed??

well you cant claim lemon for a clutch, lemon law covers something under warranty not wear and tear and it has to have the same problem 3 times or be down for 30 days due to warranty within the first 18 months or something.

chinoxmk22
10-20-2010, 11:22 PM
^ oh didn't know that ish. Still wonder what the op end up doing