PDA

View Full Version : tranny fail

socalevoeight
08-24-2010, 08:04 AM
So I bought an 06 GSR in February and the transmission already had issues so the dealer agreed to fix it, basically 3rd and 5th were grinding. The dealer made the repairs and now less then 5k miles later I have no 1st, 3rd and 5th grind again and it won't let me put in any gear and sometimes won't let me take it out of gear.

I just had it towed to the dealer but I really feel like I'm going to get screwed, but seriously I've been driving stick for like 9 years and I never had this issue with my first evo so I don't see how they can put the blame on me for the transmission failing within 5k of a rebuild. I'm waiting for a call back from the dealer were there going to let me know if its going to be covered or if there going to try and screw me, ill keep u guys posted

sxe_davexxx
08-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Sucks to hear.

I know your first reaction is to take it back to the dealer since they just rebuilt it, but I think you should save yourself the headache and take it to a shop that is familiar with evos, like RRE perhaps.

Good luck Biggie.

osolokes213
08-24-2010, 09:03 AM
gl on your ride....i think i saw a tranny for sale on craigslist for real cheap

Jeffs2006EvoIX
08-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Another sad used car purchase. Sorry to hear. People really beat these cars then trade them when they are tired. Too bad. Good luck with it.

socalevoeight
08-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Just got a call, they are saying the warranty is voided due to the modifications such as my 4 point harnesses, test pipe, car being lowered, etc. They sold me the car lowered already, it already had an aftermarket intake, BOV, turbo timer. My boost controller is set on only 15 psi to save gas. All these have nothing to do with the transmission that they already attempted to fix but made worse, Atleast before I could drive my car just had a lil grinding but after they did what they did no its even worse so what the fuck mitsubishi! Fix my fucking car

NativeSS
08-24-2010, 12:12 PM
What dealer is it? Mitsu has always been real sketch about honoring their warranty on evo's.

socalevoeight
08-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Puente hills

ccwballer
08-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Have you tried South coast?

J-VO
08-24-2010, 03:47 PM
should definitely post this in the section about puente hills...the guy who is the author of the story is being very lenient and holding back on past experiences with puente hills including this one.

honestly what the fuck does a seat belt modification have to do with your transmission going out?? why mention it if it is not related?

that's like saying the warranty on your tires is no longer valid due to the aftermarket radio you had installed.

socalevoeight
08-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Puente hills already sent pics to mitsubishi of my mods and they voided my warranty. Â*Funny that they sold me a fucked up car that already had mods, then attempted to fix my tranny making it worse and now they won't fix there fuck up cause my car has mods?

j.liu
08-24-2010, 06:31 PM
lol fuck puente hills Mitsubishi, i fucken hate that place especially that old man that works in the parts store :)

socalevoeight
08-27-2010, 07:48 PM
final out come is that my warranty was voided due to my test pipe!!!!!!!! wtf! a fucking test pipe???? Mitsubishi fuck u thats bullshit! u lucky i love this fucking car or i would drive it through your corporate windows and press the fucking panic button on my alarm and pee on ur secretary like im R. Kelly. stupid bitches

j.liu
08-27-2010, 07:52 PM
lol.... gl man

osolokes213
08-27-2010, 08:14 PM
handle that backup plan

one4
08-28-2010, 06:14 PM
puente hills mitsu sux balls. hit up scm. test pipe has nothing to do with the tranny failing so thats just bogus.

biggiesacks
08-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Dont roll over and take that shit. The exhaust has nothing to do with the transmission. They cannot void your entire warranty based on that. This may require a lawyer but you will win. You should deff take it over to SCM and see what they can do. If that fails then you should call up MMNA ask to speak to supervisor/manager and straight BITCH them out untill you get what you want. The ONLY thing that i have ever heard that might be justified was a Downpipe that wore a hole in some dudes transfer case a while back, but i highly doubt that is the case here.

aguilar45
08-29-2010, 09:25 AM
4 point harness.....REALLY? FAIL!!!

socalevoeight
08-30-2010, 07:54 AM
South coast cant do anything now because puente hills already submitted the photos to Mitsubishi voiding my warrenty. They said the test pipe automatically voided it. And believe me I was not easy on them I even brought my mom lol and got a few drinks in her first cause she one of those angry drunks lol and still no luck. So I drove 3.5 hours out to calexico to buy a tranny for 700 with 25k miles and its at road race now.

j.liu
08-30-2010, 09:31 AM
wow dude... GL

Wimploki
08-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Good luck w/ the repairs. RRE will take care of you.

Also, let this be a warning to all future used car buyers off dealership lots. Make sure to take pictures of the car including installed modifications if modified. That way, you would have a better chance fighting it.

J-VO
09-01-2010, 12:16 PM
someone start a thread called "fuck puente hills mitsubishi" already