PDA

View Full Version : Car stuck in Ventura...can someone help?

xbox4414
08-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi guys, I'm a fellow Evo owner and had the misfortune of letting one of my friends use my car for the weekend. Last night I get a phone call telling me that the clutch master cylinder took a crap. It's a 10 with Exedy Stg1. So not really surprised this happened. Anyways my friends has some buddies down there that are willing to store the car a few days. I could make a trip down to Ventura on Wednesday to either tow it or move it to a shop in the area. But my question is where as I know nothing in that area. All I know is HB Speed but they are about 100 miles from my car and that is as far as towing will allow, plus that would mean 2 trips to LA for me, one to tow and the other to pick it up. If possible I would like to find a local shop near the car, buy the part and have them install it and then just make a trip to pick up the car. If the anyone in the area could help with shop recommendations that would be greatly appreciated.

-Ray

casperdomo
08-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Tha Shop is closest, no?

110evo9
08-29-2010, 01:02 PM
hit up tha shop there located in chatsworth...
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&board=101.0

KT Motoring
08-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks guys! ^^ We'll be more than happy to work on your car. Just give us a call or PM us and we'll work out the arrangements.

xbox4414
08-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestion guys. Gonna send you a PM Tha.

[p]dOG.
08-29-2010, 01:20 PM
trippy that you just joined and asking for help. hope it's not some man rapist waiting for vulnerable evolutionist to take advantage of.

S@nt0s
08-29-2010, 01:30 PM
if i had my truck still id offer to tow for you too sorry. i was just there on fri too

xbox4414
08-29-2010, 01:52 PM
dOG. ]
trippy that you just joined and asking for help. hope it's not some man rapist waiting for vulnerable evolutionist to take advantage of.

Here are my main sites and profiles:

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/member.php?u=1799

http://forums.evolutionm.net/members/16333-xbox4414.html

Nope no rapist at all. Just in a rough situation. I'm in the San Fransisco bay area and my car is in SoCal. AAA won't tow unless I'm with the car due to liability issues. I want a new non-OEM CMC as I don't want to spend money to fix a part that will break again. And I knew the SoCal area had a good group of fellow Evo owners, so just asking for help and or suggestions.

[p]dOG.
08-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Good luck to you, sorry you just never know with these sometimes "ghost accounts"

illestjcollector23
08-29-2010, 02:28 PM
+1 for Tha Shop

xbox4414
08-29-2010, 03:30 PM
dOG. ]
Good luck to you, sorry you just never know with these sometimes "ghost accounts"

Haha it's all good man. I've seen and heard the horror stories and scammers on the forums. Thanks so much for getting me into contact with Tha Shop. So far we have a tentative plan of I'm taking Amtrak down the 8th of September, gonna finally meet up with the car, check it out and then tow to Tha Shop to do the repairs and install on that Thursday, the 9th. God damn this has been stressful, stranding my friend down there and my car inop. Khiem has been great in contacting me as we work out a plan to tow and do repairs as I didn't know what I was gonna do with my busy schedule.

Charlie@MFQ
08-29-2010, 03:40 PM
it's a easy fix, take about 30minutes-1:00hour . the parts cost more than the labor. GLĀ* O0

xbox4414
08-29-2010, 04:21 PM
30 minutes? To replace? I'm looking to go with the Magnus CMC upgrade. Requires some cutting of stock studs, but way cheaper than SSP, and the SSP seems to have it's own issues as well. So far I'm going to Tha Shop, but I was quoted at 3 hours of work...that seem right?

Azian
08-29-2010, 10:18 PM
oh boy here we go again..........

xbox4414
08-29-2010, 10:22 PM
to the OP, good luck and keep us posted

Thanks to every one and both vendors for helping me in getting a handle on the situation. It's so hard when the car is 300+ miles away, and you know nothing of that area. If the car was local to me I would do it myself with a buddy but being that it's in Ventura...kinda gotta get it done down there. Plans so far still are I'm taking Amtrak on 9/8 arriving around 5pm'ish...gonna tow it to Tha Shop and they will meet me there after hours to let my car in and lock it up for the night (that is awesome customer service) and then Thursday 9/9 we will get the car repaired and back up to NorCal, where I can continue onto my E85/FP Red build. So again thanks to everyone for the recommendations and Tha Shop for contacting me and making arrangements on a Sunday!

j.liu
08-29-2010, 11:10 PM
if you have AAA plus, go down there tow your car for a 100 miles. Call them again, tow another 100miles, and so on :D

xbox4414
09-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Well thank to everyone for the help. My epic 8hr train and bus ride adventure just to get to my car tomorrow starts. Making it to Ventura tomorrow and then going to Tha Shop Thursday morning to get the Magnus CMC installed. Blah it sucks not seeing your car for ever a week...

Azian
09-07-2010, 11:08 PM
GL and let us know how it goes :)

xbox4414
09-09-2010, 04:53 PM
It is going great. I'm actually at Tha Shop right now. Loaded the Evo up in Ventura, awesome tow truck driver...really took his time as he didn't want to rip anything of being so low. Got the old plastic CMC out...broke in 2 places! And the new Magnus CMC is going in. Super stoked.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/xbox4414/IMAG0081.jpg