09-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Wow, very nice on pump gas!

1WkdEvo
09-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Spool is actually very acceptable.

Nice

blkside
09-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Not bad but I am still on the lookout for more Powa.... spool is pretty nice though..

HB Speed
09-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Not bad but I am still on the lookout for more Powa.... spool is pretty nice though..

its to hard with 91oct. Meth tune coming real soon for this car as well
I'd imagine on E85 with the proper fueling this turbo could make 550+whp no problem! However the stock rods would not like it for very long :grin:

blkside
09-16-2010, 07:45 AM
550+ on 85 is the goal...

Archiebabes
09-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Can my car do 550whp+ if I change my Red to a Black?

You guys know my setup on E85, let me know.

Thanks.

blkside
09-16-2010, 09:00 AM
AB you plan on hitting the track?

Archiebabes
09-16-2010, 10:04 AM
AB you plan on hitting the track?

Yes, but not anytime soon.

blkside
09-16-2010, 10:12 AM
AB have you replaced your internals yet? Im 48 days from heading home and am anxious to get to my car... I gotta surprise or two in store for myself...

Archiebabes
09-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Internals are stock, except for the head studs and bolts.

Massappeal
09-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Can my car do 550whp+ if I change my Red to a Black?

You guys know my setup on E85, let me know.

Thanks.

It should not be a problem! but.... I would not recommend on stock rods! O0

JebusX
09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
The Black looks like the real deal, this will be the route I take next year after I get a new clutch, or maybe I'll do it all at once hmmm...

The Jake
09-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Quick question for you! On the Dyno graph sheet where the numbers are listed, its says DJ. Is that abbreviation for Dyno Jet?

If the Dyno you use is a Dyno Jet, that Dyno is inertia based and not a load bearing Dyno correct? Shouldn't the Dyno pulls be done in 4th gear instead of 3rd gear like you did? On the Evo and most manual transmission cars 4th gear is usually always the closest to 1:1 ratio and is where the pulls should be done on a Dyno?

I'm curious as to why you do the Dyno pulls in 3rd gear and how your correcting the numbers in order to compinsate for gear ratio tq/hp multiplication.

On a Mustang Dyno the numbers would be at right around 400whp (+/- a few) which is pretty damn impressive on 91 pump gas. I want an FP Black now. =] What does that Turbo cost?

blkside
09-16-2010, 12:10 PM

HB Speed
09-16-2010, 02:56 PM
The Dyno says DJ to mimic Dynojet #'s
My LOAD BASED Dyno is currently calibrated to Mustang Specs
The car made 390 on a mustang dyno and here (both in 3rd and 4th)
I added my DJ calibration to more accuratly display the industry standard dynojet numbers

3rd Vs 4th on my dyno make no difference in # other than Spool. The 3rd ger is to show how well it spools even in 3rd gear on the Mustang and Mine in 4th we saw 25psi by 3900

The dyno compensates for gear ratio tq/hp multiplication.

Hope that helps

Â*

Quick question for you! On the Dyno graph sheet where the numbers are listed, its says DJ. Is that abbreviation for Dyno Jet?

If the Dyno you use is a Dyno Jet, that Dyno is inertia based and not a load bearing Dyno correct? Shouldn't the Dyno pulls be done in 4th gear instead of 3rd gear like you did? On the Evo and most manual transmission cars 4th gear is usually always the closest to 1:1 ratio and is where the pulls should be done on a Dyno?

I'm curious as to why you do the Dyno pulls in 3rd gear and how your correcting the numbers in order to compinsate for gear ratio tq/hp multiplication.

On a Mustang Dyno the numbers would be at right around 400whp (+/- a few) which is pretty damn impressive on 91 pump gas. I want an FP Black now. =] What does that Turbo cost?

The Jake
09-16-2010, 03:59 PM
I added my DJ calibration to more accuratly display the industry standard dynojet numbers

3rd Vs 4th on my dyno make no difference in # other than Spool. The 3rd ger is to show how well it spools even in 3rd gear on the Mustang and Mine in 4th we saw 25psi by 3900

Hope that helps

Â*

I see, I thought you had a Dyno Jet which is just inertia based.

But yeah, your right about a *Load Bearing* Dyno not being affected by doing a pull in 3rd gear instead of 4th gear since its able to load the engine as if it was in 4th.

^^^ Do I have that concept right?

Btw, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I ask these questions in a serious learning manner. I would like to learn how to tune soon. I want to do Rotary Engines, but would like to learn on conventional piston engines first. =]

HB Speed
09-16-2010, 04:01 PM

Hope that helps

Â*

I see, I thought you had a Dyno Jet which is just inertia based.

But yeah, your right about a *Load Bearing* Dyno not being affected by doing a pull in 3rd gear instead of 4th gear since its able to load the engine as if it was in 4th.

^^^ Do I have that concept right?

Btw, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I ask these questions in a serious learning manner. I would like to learn how to tune soon. I want to do Rotary Engines, but would like to learn on conventional piston engines first. =]

not a problem! It was a good question! O0

The Jake
09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
^^^ Okay, lol.

But is my concept about gear selection during Dyno pulls on a *Load Based* Dyno correct?

HB Speed
09-16-2010, 10:50 PM
^^^ Okay, lol.

But is my concept about gear selection during Dyno pulls on a *Load Based* Dyno correct?
Dynos are odd, and ll work differently. i have had this one for 6 years so ive got it down pat.
I did the initial Tune on a Very conservative mustang in 3rd and 4th gear then brought to my dyno to run to compare them.

so "Mustang" is really a MUSTANG number (they matched up) and Dynojet is matched to a local Dynojet we put a car on :-D

Loaded dynos are funny, some load more or less @ different times, so i like to use a variety of loads once finalized to try to simulate as much as possible

HB Speed
09-17-2010, 12:21 PM
updated mod list

UR HFC
Greddy Ti-C Exhaust
Cosworth MX1 cams
DW 1000cc injectors
Walbro fuel pump, Blaqops Kit
AEM intake
Buschur UICP
UR LICP
AMS IC
FP Black
Stock block, mani, and downpipe
ACt Clutch
Streetlite Flywheel

Poondoggs
09-20-2010, 08:58 PM
That's my evo, many thanks to HB Speed. I am able to use the V1 Mods made by Tephra. I have dual map switching and knock display through the SES light. I am sure I will be dealing with you guys at Cobb!

mehsdomi
12-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Nice gains

HR2L
12-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Seriously nice gains Jon!