PDA

View Full Version : lsd oil??

baseballplayer422
09-20-2010, 06:41 PM
so im upgrading my diff pins on my x and i was wondering if they sell 1 liter lsd oil? i only see the big 4 liter jug.....
or does anyone wanna be nice and let me have sum???? lol

Mike W
09-20-2010, 08:53 PM
The diff pins in the center diff? The center diff lives in and is oiled by the transmission fluid. Also do you have a clutch type LSD in the center?

Mike W

baseballplayer422
09-21-2010, 10:21 AM
So it has nothing to do with the center diff fluid??? Idk what type of oil is in there right now cause I got my car used but ima use redline to fill up....

Mike W
09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
The transfer case houses the ring and pinion gears to turn power to go to the rear of the car. Inside there is also the viscous coupler that limits the slip in the center diff. But it has its own special fluid inside. Also inside the transfer case is the front differential but it gets its oil from the transmission.

The center diff lives inside the transmission and rolls in the tranny oil. Nothing limiting it's slip inside the transmission, no special oil required unless you swapped out some jaydeem Cusco something in there. Adding stronger pins to hold the center diff spider gears in place better requires no special different oil.

If the car has ACD, then that is an active clutch pack controlled by the ACD computer and the clutch pack lives out on the transfer case.

So... there is no specific center diff fluid. There is tranny fluid that also lubes up the center diff. There is transfer case fluid but it has nothing to do with the center diff.

Mike W